Shelby GT500KR

Started by TheIntrepid, March 30, 2007, 12:00:31 PM

Nethead

Quote from: NACar on April 11, 2007, 11:26:48 PM
So, I hope you guys understand that I really do like the Mustang... it's just that I hate it at the same time. :mask:

NACar:  NahDude, the Nethead here is still working on that one...a complex concept for sure. 

But to give you the consideration you deserve, I'm gonna take a little time and re-read your postings and see if I can figure out what it is that you "really do like" about Mustangs since you have presented abundant statements about what you don't like about Mustangs.  I will try to be judicially fair, and slap me around if I'm not. 
More later, in either an "Addendum" to this posting or in a separate posting further downstream in this thread...
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on April 11, 2007, 11:26:48 PM
So, I hope you guys understand that I really do like the Mustang... it's just that I hate it at the same time. :mask:
Yeah sorry.  I can't figure that one out. :huh:

Nethead

NACar:  I've read what seems like 200 of your other postings, but it was probably only 90-100.

And I think I have figured out your like/hate statement about the Mustang.

Basically, you like the Mustang--as you said.  But what you hate is that it has a galloping Mustang in the grille and not a bowtie.  If the Mustang had that bowtie, you'd love it!  Perhaps worship it.

Your Honor, the Prosecution rests its case...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Nethead on April 12, 2007, 10:22:55 AM
NACar:? I've read what seems like 200 of your other postings, but it was probably only 90-100.

And I think I have figured out your like/hate statement about the Mustang.

Basically, you like the Mustang--as you said.? But what you hate is that it has a galloping Mustang in the grille and not a bowtie.? If the Mustang had that bowtie, you'd love it!? Perhaps worship it.

Your Honor, the Prosecution rests its case...

Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the jury, Mr. Nethead, and all the towns people here today, The Defense calls itself to the stand:
[Wait a minute, I should be the Prosecution, right? You are the offenders!]

I am not loyal to any one brand of car. I do no like bowties more than blue ovals. I do not like domestic brands over import brands. What I do not like is digging up something out of the past, and brining it back purley for the profit of it. What i do not like is the lack of new ideas. What I do not like is comprimising what could have been a great new car, and ending up with only a very good one, purely for the aesthetics.

And if you want some rock-solid, non-disputable evidence (but just a small example of it's crimes) I present to you Exibit A:

The unneccesarily large and non-functioning hood-scoop. WTF is that.

The Mustang is just one case of this, and it just irks me that much more because it has become such a success. Bottom line: What I really want to see a new Mustang, not an old one. But I'd still buy one, because it is very good.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Nethead

Quote from: NACar on April 12, 2007, 12:40:18 PM
Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the jury, Mr. Nethead, and all the towns people here today, The Defense calls itself to the stand:
[Wait a minute, I should be the Prosecution, right? You are the offenders!]

I am not loyal to any one brand of car. I do no like bowties more than blue ovals. I do not like domestic brands over import brands. What I do not like is digging up something out of the past, and brining it back purley for the profit of it. What i do not like is the lack of new ideas. What I do not like is comprimising what could have been a great new car, and ending up with only a very good one, purely for the aesthetics.

And if you want some rock-solid, non-disputable evidence (but just a small example of it's crimes) I present to you Exibit A:

The unneccesarily large and non-functioning hood-scoop. WTF is that.

The Mustang is just one case of this, and it just irks me that much more because it has become such a success. Bottom line: What I really want to see a new Mustang, not an old one. But I'd still buy one, because it is very good.

Your Honor, the Prosecution presents this evidence, typed by the very hands of the defendant himself, as "Exhibit A":

"Oh and BTW, when the new Camaro finally comes out, it will kick the Mustangs's ass, just like it always has."

And the defendant merely compounds his guilt with these further statements:

"What I do not like is digging up something out of the past, and brining it back purley for the profit of it. What i do not like is the lack of new ideas"

So you see, Your Honor, the defendant presents ample evidence of his Mustang envy:

1.? The defendant alleges that he does not like digging up something out of the past, and yet he heaps hollow-sounding praise on Chevrolet for digging up the extinct Camaro YET AGAIN purely for the profit of it (they have no new ideas themselves so they are resorting to the marketing feature so dear to the engineering departments at GM:? Profit Through Imitation) in an effort to scramble for the scraps dropped from the Mustang's table.
2.? And in the same sentence the defendant alleges that what he does not like is the lack of new ideas.? Your Honor, as we all know, the Camaro is the poster child for the lack of new ideas--a cheap imitation of the original and genuine idea that we have known as The Mustang for forty-three continuous, uninterrupted years of production--both preceding the Camaro by three model years and outlasting the Camaro by five model years and counting...
3.? And lamest of all, Your Honor, the defendant alleges that a non-existent production car "will kick the Mustang's ass" although there is not a single example of a new production Camaro in any dealershop anywhere on the entire surface of the Earth!? Unless they are stockpiled in the same bunker as the Weapons of Mass Destruction...

Pardon me, Your Honor, it has come to my attention that the Prosecution may have misled the Court:? There are indeed fresh new camaros--the French term for the English noun "shrimp" is "camaro".? Indeed, Your Honor, there are plenty of fresh French shrimp--and Chevrolet allegedly will be offering French shrimp soon, with a discount for those who have mullets.? Fitting bowties onto shrimp will be a challenge, but GM managed to fit "Pontiac GTO" badges onto Holden Monaros so the technical expertise is definitiely there...

The Prosecution requests a lenient sentence for the defendant, Your Honor, because driving an Extreme daily has surely caused the defendant to suffer enough to satisfy even the cruelest and most sadistic executioner...

Raza

From the abundantly useful Wikipedia:

Though the car's name was contrived with no meaning, GM researchers reportedly found the word in a French dictionary as a slang term for "friend" or "companion." In some automotive periodicals before official release, it was code-named "Panther," however, the project designation for the Camaro was XP-836 and some early GM photos show the final Camaro body labeled "Chaparral".[2] Automotive press asked Chevrolet product managers "What is a Camaro?", and were told it was "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs".[3] The name conveniently fit Chevrolet's "C" naming structure that included Corvair, Chevelle, Chevy II, and Corvette.

Camar?n Spanish for "shrimp".
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Nethead on April 12, 2007, 02:18:03 PM

The Prosecution requests a lenient sentence for the defendant, Your Honor, because driving an Extreme daily has surely caused the defendant to suffer enough to satisfy even the cruelest and most sadistic executioner...

I just thought that was great. I don't know if you did that puposely or not, but it's great.  Extreme Esteem!!! :praise:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Nethead

Quote from: NACar on April 12, 2007, 06:24:49 PM

I just thought that was great. I don't know if you did that puposely or not, but it's great.? Extreme Esteem!!! :praise:

NACar: The Nethead here always does things on purpose--how do you think I've avoided buying an '05 S197 Mustang coupe even with over $27,000 in a separate bank account just for automotive whimsy???? It's been stressful, but the Nethead here has resisted...

Now, does the defendant have any final words for The Court?? The judge is about to sentence you to twenty years hard driving in the Extreme Esteem (actually, I was thinkin' Esteem Extreme--the fastest and most powerful variant--but since it IS yours and since Pope Nethead the Great here is nothing if not beneficent, I will grant you your wish to entitle your transonic terror the "Extreme Esteem".? God's will be done.? [Genuflects.]? Amen.

omicron

Methinks an excommunication is imminent.

Nethead

Quote from: omicron on April 13, 2007, 09:32:17 AM
Methinks an excommunication is imminent.

omicron: Omi, My Lad, 'tis the Easter Season--and We should be both thankful for Our manifold blessings and merciful to those less ageful and girthful than We ourselves.? [Genuflects.]? Amen.

Besides, We can excommunicate his ass next month...

Nethead

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8368.msg415832#msg415832 date=1176411963
From the abundantly useful Wikipedia:

Though the car's name was contrived with no meaning, GM researchers reportedly found the word in a French dictionary as a slang term for "friend" or "companion." In some automotive periodicals before official release, it was code-named "Panther," however, the project designation for the Camaro was XP-836 and some early GM photos show the final Camaro body labeled "Chaparral".[2] Automotive press asked Chevrolet product managers "What is a Camaro?", and were told it was "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs".[3] The name conveniently fit Chevrolet's "C" naming structure that included Corvair, Chevelle, Chevy II, and Corvette.

Camar?n Spanish for "shrimp".

And the English term for the Spanish "camaron" is "mullet".