Shelby GT500KR

Started by TheIntrepid, March 30, 2007, 12:00:31 PM

SVT666

Quote from: CMan on March 30, 2007, 09:59:00 PM
I'm extremely disappointed.

I (and quite a few others) was expecting a fire breathing, raging street legal race car, with tons of power, tons of weight reduction, and bare bones, stripped down interior. Meaning, no A/C, no radio, two racing buckets up front and a roll cage. But instead, we get none of that. We get the same bloated pig that the GT500 is, with a power boost.

Lame, Ford. Lame.
You're waiting for the Boss version that comes out next year that will be exactly what you're looking for but without the roll cage and with a radio and A/C.  It's supposed to weigh in below a GT (3350 lbs is my guess) and will have 440-450 hp.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8368.msg402299#msg402299 date=1175310479
It really does.? I'd just remove it, since I don't listen to the radio anyway.? Why can't they do one of those embedded numbers?
It sticks out like a sore thumb only because the car is in front of a white background.  Otherwise you barely, if ever, notice it. :rolleyes:

I spent a lot of money putting a kickass stereo system in my Mustang and I never used it.  I spent a little more money on the exhaust system and I enjoyed that a lot more. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8368.msg402171#msg402171 date=1175293681
Too much power.? But I want one.?
There's no such thing.  You must be on crack. :P

SVT666

Quote from: sandertheshark on March 30, 2007, 04:37:16 PM
Yeah, I'd swap them out for a set of American Racing Shelby Razors.
Now you're talkin'.? Those are my favourite wheels.

JYODER240

Doesn't the current GT500 already have traction problems? I've heard its not much quicker than the old S/C Cobra? Why would you want to give the same car more power?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on March 31, 2007, 10:20:21 AM
Doesn't the current GT500 already have traction problems? I've heard its not much quicker than the old S/C Cobra? Why would you want to give the same car more power?
MM&FF have taken a stock GT500 down the track at 12.27 seconds and the fastest they ever got a stock Cobra down the 1/4 mile was 12.67 seconds.? MM&FF with minimul bolt-ons and a set of drag radials dropped the ET to 11.2 seconds.

EDIT:? The GT500 either bogs or sends the rear tires up in smoke.? It's a very difficult car to launch.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8368.msg402519#msg402519 date=1175364326
MM&FF?
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.  It is by far the most reputable and honest car magazine I've ever read.  They were the first ones to get the F-body Camaro into the 12s.  If it's crap they say so, if it's good they say so.  In their article about the GT500, they roasted Ford for the weight of the car, the hood, and the shifter.  They compared a Vette Z51 against a Stage 3 Roush Mustang and were completely honest about both cars.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 31, 2007, 12:12:46 PM
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.  It is by far the most reputable and honest car magazine I've ever read.  They were the first ones to get the F-body Camaro into the 12s.  If it's crap they say so, if it's good they say so.  In their article about the GT500, they roasted Ford for the weight of the car, the hood, and the shifter.  They compared a Vette Z51 against a Stage 3 Roush Mustang and were completely honest about both cars.

That's cool.  I usually don't read single manufacturer magazines, because they're too positive.  I bought this one Mercedes mag that put the SLK320 in the top 25 most desireable Mercedes Benzes of all time, and in the description, they said "make sure you don't buy the three pedal version". 

This mag sounds much better.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8368.msg402530#msg402530 date=1175364946
That's cool.? I usually don't read single manufacturer magazines, because they're too positive.? I bought this one Mercedes mag that put the SLK320 in the top 25 most desireable Mercedes Benzes of all time, and in the description, they said "make sure you don't buy the three pedal version".?

This mag sounds much better.
Yeah.  These guys race Mustangs and Fords basically every weekend in their spare time so they also know their stuff.  They do road tests of production and tuner cars, articles and pictures of reader's cars, they will pit a Mustang vs. whatever the flavour of the day is (ie: Corvette Z51), and they also do dyno tested build-ups, engine parts comparos from as many manufacturers as they can, and lots of tech articles. 

r0tor

there is definately some kind of Mustang being unveiled in a half hour at the Barret Jackson auction on Speed... and carrol shelby will be taking the covers off so i'm guessing we'll be seeing this car in a half hour
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: r0tor on March 31, 2007, 04:39:34 PM
there is definately some kind of Mustang being unveiled in a half hour at the Barret Jackson auction on Speed... and carrol shelby will be taking the covers off so i'm guessing we'll be seeing this car in a half hour

eh, it was only a Shelby GT-H convertible
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

... that sold for $250k

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on March 31, 2007, 04:57:45 PM
... that sold for $250k

I was just coming on to report that. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

r0tor

and now a Fr500C (which Ford only built 28 of) sold for $50k...

so inconclusion a $35k car sold for $250k (although its really a charity contribution more then anythin) and a $125k car s0ld for $50k... rediculous  :zzz:

the Teuton

I've heard about a lot of activities of rich people frivilously spending money on cars, especially working at a concours, but $250k on a new Mustang is like spending $100k on a Suzuki Swift GT:  what't the point? (other than charity)  Barrett-Jackson brings out the best and the worst in people.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on March 31, 2007, 05:21:47 PM
I've heard about a lot of activities of rich people frivilously spending money on cars, especially working at a concours, but $250k on a new Mustang is like spending $100k on a Suzuki Swift GT:? what't the point? (other than charity)?
That's the point.  The proceeds go to charity and the buyer can write it off at income tax time.  The guy paid $250,000 for the right to buy the car, not the car itself.? He's still going to have to cough up another $37K for that.? Considering it will be the only GT-H convertible sold directly to a member of the general public and he will most likely never drive it, which will make it the only GT-H convertible to never be driven, the car will be worth well over a million in 10 years.

QuoteBarrett-Jackson brings out the best and the worst in people.
Absolutely.? I watched about 2 hours of it today and I don't understand people.? Obviously the vast majority of these people aren't car guys (or car women).? They just want something cool to show off to their rich neighbours.? A 1970 Cuda with a 440 6 pack went for like $70K, and it was restored to new condition which is better then the fad of restoring to better then new condition.? It's crazy.? That car should have gone for $200K based on what those guys were paying for other cars.? The 440 6 pack Cudas were actually better then the Hemi Cudas.? It's because of auto auctions like Barret-Jackson that you and I will never be able to afford one of these classic beauties.? Rich people are buying these instead of paintings and sculptures.? It pisses me off to no end.? Fuck Barret-Jackson.

the Teuton

As the director of the concours explained to me, you just have to give it time and pressure after you've found the right car, and if you've found the right person to pass it to you, then you've won.? The director of the local Glenmoor concours waited about 30 years to get a Lincoln Model K that has won national recognition.? It can be done without Barrett-Ripoff, but it just takes a little time.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

850CSi

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 30, 2007, 10:53:13 PM
You're waiting for the Boss version that comes out next year that will be exactly what you're looking for but without the roll cage and with a radio and A/C.? It's supposed to weigh in below a GT (3350 lbs is my guess) and will have 440-450 hp.

That sounds great.

the Teuton

Quote from: 850CSi on April 01, 2007, 01:15:58 AM
That sounds great.

You shouldn't be up this time of night.  I'm slightly drunk and mostly incoherent and that's the only reason I' here.  You should be sleeping or something.

850CSi

Quote from: the Teuton on April 01, 2007, 01:21:55 AM
You shouldn't be up this time of night.? I'm slightly drunk and mostly incoherent and that's the only reason I' here.? You should be sleeping or something.

I never sleep before 2 or 3 AM.  :lol:

SVT666

This is by far the most badass Mustang ever built.? I can't stop giggling like a 6 year old girl.? I just wish it would be affordable.? I would drive a Hyundai Pony when it snows or rains if it meant having this car.

Raghavan

Raghavan

Raghavan

Quote from: r0tor on March 31, 2007, 05:21:29 PM
and now a Fr500C (which Ford only built 28 of) sold for $50k...

so inconclusion a $35k car sold for $250k (although its really a charity contribution more then anythin) and a $125k car s0ld for $50k... rediculous :zzz:
Worst deal of the century followed by the best deal of the century... Wierd.

SVT666

Eye of the Tiger

Seriously, you guys need a Mustang forum.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raghavan

Meh, not impressed. I'd rather see the Boss. That's the only Mustang i'm truly excited about.

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on April 06, 2007, 02:25:52 PM
Meh, not impressed. I'd rather see the Boss. That's the only Mustang i'm truly excited about.
You have got to be kidding me?  The GT500KR is the very deinition of bad-ass.