Ford Expedition FunkMaster Flex Edition

Started by SVT666, April 02, 2007, 11:19:25 AM

Tave

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 03, 2007, 09:26:11 AM
Really?? How?? I've never heard hateful, racist, violent, or sexist lyrics in country music.

:( :confused: :( :confused:

You haven't? You're not listening closely enough.

99% of all popular music is crap. If you look hard enough, you can find quality shit. Rap/hip-hop is no exception.

Rap is simply the "new" genre of music. I'm not surprised that older people hate it, because they hated Jazz, Country, Rock and Roll, Disco, Pop, etc..., when those musics came out.

C'mon dude, country is just another version of rock and roll. You're telling me you've never heard rock and roll songs that deal with sex and violence? Those are pretty much common themes.

Ever heard of the Dixie Chick's song, "Earl's Gotta Die?"
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Tave

And on-topic, Funkmaster Flex is an avid enthusiast (albeit one emersed in the hip hop scene). I think a lot of his cars look awsome (even if their wheels are outrageous.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

the Teuton

What about Billie Ray Cyrus's famous song, "Achy Breaky Heart"?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on April 03, 2007, 10:26:44 AM
What about Billie Ray Cyrus's famous song, "Achy Breaky Heart"?

It's about killing people!  :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ro51092

Billie Ray.....that's how you KNOW that he's a true country singer.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on April 03, 2007, 10:24:19 AM
Ever heard of the Dixie Chick's song, "Earl's Gotta Die?"
Touche.? I forgot about that song.? BTW, I used to like Rap.? When I was a teenager rap was good.? Now it's crap.? Old school rap and hip hop was good shit, but the new stuff sucks.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

TheIntrepid

Yep. If you're interested, I'll send you the MP3 on MSN when I get home.

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on April 03, 2007, 11:31:02 AM
Yep. If you're interested, I'll send you the MP3 on MSN when I get home.
No thanks.

TheIntrepid

850CSi

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 03, 2007, 11:13:52 AM
Touche.? I forgot about that song.? BTW, I used to like Rap.? When I was a teenager rap was good.? Now it's crap.? Old school rap and hip hop was good shit, but the new stuff sucks.

The underground still has a lot of good stuff.

Tave

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 03, 2007, 11:13:52 AM

Again,  :rolleyes:

The good stuff nowadays is much, much, much better than what was going on then. It's like the difference between Dixieland and Jazz.

Someone like Aesop Rock is an infinantly better lyricist than anything going on in the early 80's.

GoCougs

NWA's "F*** the Police" is art, plain and simple.

850CSi

Quote from: Tave on April 04, 2007, 06:59:59 PM
Someone like Aesop Rock is an infinantly better lyricist than anything going on in the early 80's.

He's really good lyrically, but Kweli > Aesop because he's just as good lyricall and his delivery is a million times better.

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on April 03, 2007, 11:55:18 AM
The underground still has a lot of good stuff.

Yup.  Jedi Mind also violent, but Atmosphere is more mellow. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on April 04, 2007, 09:38:44 PM
He's really good lyrically, but Kweli > Aesop because he's just as good lyricall and his delivery is a million times better.

Disagree.  I didn't know you were into underground that much.  I thought you just listen to Snow Patrol and The Fray and 30 Craps to Crap.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SaltyDog

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 03, 2007, 09:26:11 AM
Really?  How?  I've never heard hateful, racist, violent, or sexist lyrics in country music.

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die." 

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Tave

Quote from: 850CSi on April 04, 2007, 09:38:44 PM

I don't agree with you. Aesop Rock has been garnering attention from critics outside the hip-hop scene ever since Float came out. The "hyper-verbal" style he raps with is definantly unique, and a lot of people have praised him as a "lyrical genius." While I agree that Kweli's delivery is better, I don't think that he is as good a lyricist.

Aesop is simply on another level verbally from anyone making hip hop. He's not even my favorite MC, but I can recognize that he's talented in certain ways while others aren't. To be honest, he strikes me as much more intelligent than anyone else in the game.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on April 06, 2007, 10:47:38 AM
I don't agree with you. Aesop Rock has been garnering attention from critics outside the hip-hop scene ever since Float came out. The "hyper-verbal" style he raps with is definantly unique, and a lot of people have praised him as a "lyrical genius." While I agree that Kweli's delivery is better, I don't think that he is as good a lyricist.

Aesop is simply on another level verbally from anyone making hip hop. He's not even my favorite MC, but I can recognize that he's talented in certain ways while others aren't. To be honest, he strikes me as much more intelligent than anyone else in the game.

He is great, but ultimately, Jedi Mind Tricks is the best, especially when they had Jus Allah.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

mazda6er

Quote from: SaltyDog on April 06, 2007, 09:42:08 AM
"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die." 
Oh come now, that's rugged, not violent.  :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quote from: mazda6er on April 06, 2007, 11:01:47 AM
Oh come now, that's rugged, not violent.  :lol:

It's the kind of thing Curious George would do.

He's very curious.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8409.msg408692#msg408692 date=1175878754
He is great, but ultimately, Jedi Mind Tricks is the best, especially when they had Jus Allah.

They're on a long list I'm intending to buy.

Right now I'm trying to find a Brother Ali cd and Heiruspecs' "Small Steps" without going online. If I don't make it down to Denver soon I'm going to have to order them from the Fifth Element.

Heiruspecs is another group I'd put up there as one of the best. Their assymetrical duets are really trippy.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on April 06, 2007, 12:20:59 PM
They're on a long list I'm intending to buy.

Right now I'm trying to find a Brother Ali cd and Heiruspecs' "Small Steps" without going online. If I don't make it down to Denver soon I'm going to have to order them from the Fifth Element.

Heiruspecs is another group I'd put up there as one of the best. Their assymetrical duets are really trippy.

I saw Brother Ali live.  He's very good.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8409.msg408774#msg408774 date=1175884269
I saw Brother Ali live.? He's very good.

I saw him @ First Ave. in Minneapolis with Atmosphere.? ?:praise:

Not quite what I expected to see at a hip hop show.? :lol:

"I'm the Albino but y'all pale in comparison"

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: SaltyDog on April 06, 2007, 09:42:08 AM
"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die."?
There's adifference between a humourous song like "A Boy Named Sue" and a guy rapping about killing cops and fuckin' hoes, while his"niggaz" watch.? You don't see country singers going around killing "rival" rap artists (like Tupac and Notorious B.I.G.) or dissing them in their new song.

Tave

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 06, 2007, 01:14:58 PM
There's adifference between a humourous song like "A Boy Named Sue" and a guy rapping about killing cops and fuckin' hoes, while his"niggaz" watch.? You don't see country singers going around killing "rival" rap artists (like Tupac and Notorious B.I.G.) or dissing them in their new song.

That's a pretty narrow view of the genre, from my opinion.

Any of the groups mentioned earlier are radically different from that stereotype.

Raza

Well, Jedi Mind is very violent, so I see his point.  But I like it.  And I like Johnny Cash, too.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on April 06, 2007, 02:53:36 PM
That's a pretty narrow view of the genre, from my opinion.

Any of the groups mentioned earlier are radically different from that stereotype.
I don't think so man.  If a rap song doesn't have one or more of the following: heavy swearing, referring to women as hoes or whores, referring to other black people as niggaz, talking about shooting someone, or about all the bling they got around their neck, then it's in the minority.

I firmly believe that any black person who refers to other black people as nigger or niggaz or whatever the "in" pronunciation of the word might be, has no clue about the history behind the word.  It only makes them look stupid and ignorant.