Foose F-150

Started by SVT666, April 02, 2007, 11:22:48 AM

SVT666

The Foose F-150 is to be sold through Ford dealers. ?It's not bad, but like I have said before, "sport truck is an oxymoron".

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-150-foose-edition.html

thewizard16

I looked at a Saleen F150 at the dealer Saturday. I don't understand why they make that, but it was interesting.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Secret Chimp

Surprise, it's boring.

I should just start an anti-Foose troll club, shouldn't I :P  :lol:

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on April 02, 2007, 03:55:35 PM
Surprise, it's boring.

I should just start an anti-Foose troll club, shouldn't I :P? :lol:

I'll join your club, can I be the vice-assistant to the secretary of the treasurer?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

sandertheshark

Quote from: Secret Chimp on April 02, 2007, 03:55:35 PM
Surprise, it's boring.

I should just start an anti-Foose troll club, shouldn't I :P  :lol:
forward me your member list.  And don't lock your back doors at night.

Eye of the Tiger

Oh wait... is this an Anti-Foose-Troll Club, or an Anti-Foose Troll Club?

sandertheshark

Pics!!

Best. Looking. Truck. Ever.  This from a wannabe Chevy truck guy.

Minpin

Foose is kinda topsy turvy in my eyes. He has some wonderfully fantastic designs but then others like this one are hideous outrages of a so called automobile.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

S204STi

Well, if we can't have a Lightning this will do.  450hp, 500lbs/ft. :rockon:

SVT666

It's definitely a slick looking truck, but I stil have a problem with "sport trucks".

sandertheshark

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 02, 2007, 08:11:34 PM
It's definitely a slick looking truck, but I stil have a problem with "sport trucks".
I don't.  I love the idea of being able to haul a boat and/or haul ass with the same vehicle.

SVT666

Quote from: sandertheshark on April 02, 2007, 09:47:31 PM
I don't.? I love the idea of being able to haul a boat and/or haul ass with the same vehicle.
Most sport trucks can't tow or haul.  The QC SRT-10 is as close as you could get and it couldn't tow.  It had a 1000lbs payload rating, but it had a tow rating of N/A.

sandertheshark

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 02, 2007, 10:03:51 PM
Most sport trucks can't tow or haul.  The QC SRT-10 is as close as you could get and it couldn't tow.  It had a 1000lbs payload rating, but it had a tow rating of N/A.
They can still do it.  They're just not rated for it.  I actually know a guy with a QC SRT-10.  He tows an 8,000 toy trailer with it.

Laconian

I'm scratching my head trying to think of what "sport" means, then.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on April 02, 2007, 10:07:29 PM
I'm scratching my head trying to think of what "sport" means, then.

1.    n. an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition

2.    v. to wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"

I'd say option "2" is more relavent to most automotive applications, even if they are intended to allude to option "1".

Sir_CARzy

Meh......just meh. It's a slick looking truck, but the F150 is still a lugger that isn't going to get anywhere very fast. As for Foose's designs in general, he creates some great looking stuff...... but some stuff is disgusting like the prowler-based coupe. This is just O.K.

SVT666

Quote from: Sir_CARzy on April 02, 2007, 10:45:21 PM
...... but some stuff is disgusting like the prowler-based coupe.
The Foose Coupe is not Prowler based.? He also designed while still in design school, which was before the Prowler ever came out.
The Foose Coupe is also mid engine and powered by a 392 Hemi.

Galaxy

Imo there is nothing more stupid looking then a lowered SUV or truck.

SVT666

Quote from: Galaxy on April 03, 2007, 02:35:36 AM
Thank you. +1

sandertheshark

How about an SUV or truck on a 30" lift kit with it's rear diff exactly four inches above the road?

TheIntrepid

So don't buy it if you're going to haul.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Soup DeVille

Pooh!

Lowered trucks can be cool. I don'tthink this one is, as its a production truck trying to look like a custom; which is in a way both insulting and flattering to real customs; but I digress...

Foose has done some spectacularly high-quality show car work. He has an eye for classic design that's unmatched by all but a few.

And he really needs to step away from the production mass produced stuff in a hurry.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on April 03, 2007, 05:18:55 PM
So don't buy it if you're going to haul.
Then why buy a truck?

SVT666

Quote from: sandertheshark on April 03, 2007, 05:15:29 PM
How about an SUV or truck on a 30" lift kit with it's rear diff exactly four inches above the road?
4" off the ground?  Whatever man.  Huge lifts look dumb too, but at least people who get lift kits use their trucks for offroading...of course not all of them do, which is stupid too.

TBR

I am pretty sure the QC SRT10 was rated to tow, that was why it had the 4-spd AT from the HD trucks instead of the 6-spd MT from the Viper like the regular cab had.

Also, both the Lightning (5000) and the Silverado SS (7800 iirc) could tow and I wouldn't mind either one.

Raghavan

Wow, Foose actually fuglified this truck up more.
Why would anyone want a sport truck? Can't haul or do truck duties but can't deliver a fun sporting experience either (except the Ram SRT-10 but that's a Viper in truck's clothing), so in the end a sport truck makes no sense at all.

TBR

See the above post. Most sport trucks (at least ones sold by the factory) can do truck work. If I could only have one vehicle and needed towing capability I'd definitely be shopping for a Silverado SS.

Raghavan

I'd get a lifted truck. :huh:

sandertheshark

TBR

If it was a second vehicle than I would do the same. But as an only vehicle I would want something more comfortable and more fun to drive on a daily basis, something like the Silverado SS or F-150 Harley Davidson (the old one with the Lightning engine, not the new, weak-ass version).