Foose F-150

Started by SVT666, April 02, 2007, 11:22:48 AM

sandertheshark

Raghavan

Well, we'll just agree to disagree then.
But IMO, i'd get the lifted truck because it'd be a lot more fun to go offroading in than onroad driving in a lower truck because the lowered truck won't be able to hide its weight and ultimately won't be that fun.
I'm just speculating but still...

Raghavan

Quote from: sandertheshark on April 03, 2007, 10:06:25 PM
And look like a jackass.
Ok... The real jackass is the guy going 80+ in his lowered 'sport' truck thinking he's in a Ferrari. :rolleyes:

TBR

Quote from: Raghavan on April 03, 2007, 10:09:31 PM
But IMO, i'd get the lifted truck because it'd be a lot more fun to go offroading in than onroad driving in a lower truck because the lowered truck won't be able to hide its weight and ultimately won't be that fun.

I've driven my dad's F-250 and riden in a Z71 with a 5" lift (now totaled :(), the big truck thing isn't fun.

Eye of the Tiger

Actually, driving a regular-height truck off-road is more fun, even if it is less capable in some situations. Generally speaking, the farther from the ground it is, the less fun it is.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raghavan on April 03, 2007, 10:09:31 PM
If you think a jacked-up pickup is better off-road than stock a stock 4x4 than I would love to watch you drive one across the desert.

Raghavan

I"m not talking about a lift like the truck you posted you know.
Maybe an inch or two and some big tires underneath.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raghavan on April 03, 2007, 10:23:28 PM
I"m not talking about a lift like the truck you posted you know.
Maybe an inch or two and some big tires underneath.
I see.  That's quite a bit different.

Raghavan

I saw one like the one you posted yesterday (without the dumb paintjob) and it leaned a lot. It scared me. :mask:

Raghavan

Maybe something like this:

sandertheshark

Now that's a respectable truck.

Actually, my ideal truck would have a lift like that and a street-truck engine - a twin-turbo 454 Chevy for instance.

SVT666

Quote from: sandertheshark on April 03, 2007, 10:07:50 PM

I'm willing to bet the pumpkins are 18" above the ground.  Besides, that is a show truck that will never see dirt.  It's stupid.  I like the dodge Rag posted (not the wheels though), and I'm planning on buying a 2001 Explorer and installing a 4.5" suspension lift and the same 33" tires that are on my Ram on it.  Like this, but black (or whatever colour I find, just not orange):

Raghavan

Trail Master sounds like a knockoff cheap Chinese brand. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on April 03, 2007, 10:44:59 PM
Trail Master sounds like a knockoff cheap Chinese brand. :lol:
Trailmaster is right up there with Rancho and Skyjacker.

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 03, 2007, 10:47:14 PM
Trailmaster is right up there with Rancho and Skyjacker.
Oh. Shows you I know nothing about lift systems in general. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on April 03, 2007, 10:49:52 PM
Oh. Shows you I know nothing about lift systems in general. :lol:
:lol:

The Trailmaster kit for the Explorer costs $2200 + tax and $1300 for the installation.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 03, 2007, 10:51:02 PM

The Trailmaster kit for the Explorer costs $2200 + tax and $1300 for the installation.

You should definitely put a lift kit on yourself: that way you don't have to learn how to fix it when you break it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

the Teuton

Quote from: TBR on April 03, 2007, 09:50:33 PM
I am pretty sure the QC SRT10 was rated to tow, that was why it had the 4-spd AT from the HD trucks instead of the 6-spd MT from the Viper like the regular cab had.

Also, both the Lightning (5000) and the Silverado SS (7800 iirc) could tow and I wouldn't mind either one.

While I don't particularly like it, I would love to see a TRD Tundra with a supercharger and sports suspension just to see what it could do.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Galaxy

Quote from: sandertheshark on April 03, 2007, 05:15:29 PM
How about an SUV or truck on a 30" lift kit with it's rear diff exactly four inches above the road?

That would also look silly but not quite as stupid as a lowered one.

See, personaly I have no problem with people using trucks and SUVs in the city. However I think the vehicle should be able to do what it is intended to do, even if those features are not called upon.

SVT666

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 04, 2007, 12:56:35 AM
You should definitely put a lift kit on yourself: that way you don't have to learn how to fix it when you break it.
First, I don't have the facilities, compressor and impact tools, or the time to do it myself.  Besides the chances of breaking a lift kit is very low considering all the parts are far beefier then the stock parts.

TBR

Wow, I had no clue lift kits cost that much. The Z71 I mentioned was totaled and the lift kit wasn't covered, I didn't think that it was that big of a deal (maybe a $1000 including install), but my friend must have lost a boat load on it.

The Pirate

I know a guy that towed a 9000 lb. trailer with his Lightning.  He fabricated something for the rear suspension that helped with tongue weight.  IIRC, the Lightning's tranny was essentially a repackaged unit from the diesel Super Duty, so it would be more than up to the task of towing most trailers.  Otherwise, limiting factors wouldn't be any worse than a plebeian F-150, I would imagine.

Chalk me up as a fan of the Lightning.  :mask:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

I like the SRT10, just because. No reason.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on April 04, 2007, 08:43:31 AM
Wow, I had no clue lift kits cost that much. The Z71 I mentioned was totaled and the lift kit wasn't covered, I didn't think that it was that big of a deal (maybe a $1000 including install), but my friend must have lost a boat load on it.
That doesn't even include the new driveshaft that I should put in right away but I won't until the stock one wears out.  The new driveshaft is $900.  The kit for my Ram costs over $3000 before tax and installation, and that's just a 4" lift. 

J86

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on April 04, 2007, 09:59:14 AM
I like the SRT10, just because. No reason.
I've never liked it.  I liked the Lightning more.  The SRT-10 just looks cartoonish to me.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 04, 2007, 06:35:10 AM
First, I don't have the facilities, compressor and impact tools, or the time to do it myself.? Besides the chances of breaking a lift kit is very low considering all the parts are far beefier then the stock parts.

Impact? Compressor? Bahhh... needless frivolities...

That's not been my experience: yes, they're beefier, but they also need to be because they take the brunt of the punishment: and most seem rather prone to snapping off the leaf spring bolts.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FordSVT

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 03, 2007, 10:51:02 PM

Bag of hockey pucks + 4 used springs = $100.  :lol:
-FordSVT-

SVT666

Quote from: FordSVT on April 16, 2007, 06:58:54 AM
Bag of hockey pucks + 4 used springs = $100.? :lol:
-FordSVT-

If only you could do that with IFS.  Although then you are still stuck with the factory suspension. :nono: