Suzuki SX4 Sedan!!

Started by TheIntrepid, April 05, 2007, 07:08:58 PM

TheIntrepid

http://www.netcarshow.com/suzuki/2008-sx4_sedan/

Created by the same Suzuki team that won European acclaim with the Suzuki Swift, the SX4 sedan joins the dynamic XL7 midsize crossover SUV, award-winning SX4 compact sport crossover and media-acclaimed Grand Vitara as an iconic vehicle that embodies the future direction of the Suzuki brand and the company's "Way of Life" spirit. Its 'poised for action' wedge-shape stance, muscular arched fenders and standard 17-inch alloy wheels all reflect the vehicle's eagerness to provide a spirited and responsive driving experience.

"The SX4 sedan will be one of the best-equipped compact cars in America and will perfectly complement our lineup of versatile vehicles," said Koichi Suzuki, president of ASMC automotive operations. "Since New York has been home to so many of our significant vehicle introductions, we're delighted to return and kick off the second quarter of 2007 with the launch of Suzuki's latest exciting product."

The SX4 sedan arrives on the heels of an impressive 2006, when American Suzuki enjoyed sales of more than 100,000 vehicles for the first time in its 22-year history. Last year's automotive sales were up 23 percent from 2005 and mark the company's third consecutive double-digit annual sales increase.

Powertrain

Built in Japan, the SX4 sedan features a sophisticated 2.0-liter, in-line four-cylinder, 16-valve DOHC engine rated at 143 horsepower and 136 lb.-ft. of torque, making it more powerful than the segment volume leaders. It is available with either an automatic or a five-speed manual transmission.

Handling

The chassis of the SX4 sedan evolved from the award-winning Suzuki Swift that received numerous industry accolades worldwide, including many "Car of the Year" awards in Europe and Asia. With an emphasis on dynamic performance, the sport-tuned SX4 sedan brings the excitement of the Swift to the U.S. market. The SX4 sedan features a rigid steel unibody underpinned by a well-controlled chassis that was fine-tuned in Europe to provide stability, crisp and responsive handling and braking, and minimal body roll. For optimal braking performance, it features four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes as standard equipment.

Exterior Styling

Inspired by a Japanese Kabuki mask, the SX4 sedan has an aggressive front fascia and grille, and appears poised for action with a sporty wedge shape that foreshadows its rewarding driving experience. Its muscular and athletic stance is enhanced by its arched fenders, while the body features a low, rising waistline and large, triangular-shaped windows forward of the front doors to emphasize the car's great traction and dynamic performance. The SX4 sedan also features a standard aero body kit, complete with an available rear spoiler.

Interior

The stylish design continues inside the SX4 sedan. Wide door openings provide the driver and passengers with superior ease of entry and egress, while the large cabin proportions and command seating position optimize visibility to enhance driving confidence and control. The cabin allows comfortable seating for five, with more overall interior space than the segment's volume leaders. The SX4 sedan also features theater-style seating for the rear passengers.

A functional and high-tech center panel offers large, circular controls flanked by modern aluminum- colored trim. Instruments and controls are backlit by contemporary, high-tech red lighting, and the ergonomic design of the instrument cluster and dashboard provides clear views of the meters and easy access to the controls for a true driver-oriented cabin. The sporty cockpit theme extends throughout the cabin with a dark interior that features black cloth for a look that is both sharp and refined.

The sedan's handsome integrated center stack also houses a sophisticated audio system - standard AM/FM/MP3/CD with four speakers. The system is XM Satellite Radio ready and offers an available premium sound system, featuring nine speakers and in-dash six-disc CD changer.

Safety

Consistent with Suzuki's philosophy of both fun and safe driving, the SX4 sedan offers an extensive array of standard safety features, including four-wheel disc brakes with an anti-lock brake system with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD). Passive safety equipment includes a reinforced body with front and rear crush zones designed to help absorb impact energy and six standard airbags: driver and front passenger airbags; driver and front passenger seat-mounted side-impact airbags; and side curtain airbags designed to provide additional protection for outboard front- and rear-seat passengers. In addition, the SX4 sedan is fitted with front three-point seatbelts with pretensioners and force limiters, three-point inertia reel rear seat belts and ISO FIX-compliant child seat anchors.

The all-new 2008 Suzuki SX4 sedan is scheduled to go on sale in the United States in the fall of 2007.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Soup DeVille

Nice, but I still think i'd prefer the hatch.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Yay, hopefully the general public will buy enough of the sedans to keep Suzuki making the hatchback so they'll still have them when I need a new runabout in four years or so. I think this sedan looks pretty spiffy too; better than an Accent or Yaris for sure.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ifcar

Without the AWD weight, it should do quite a few things better than the hatch.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ifcar on April 05, 2007, 07:25:57 PM
Without the AWD weight, it should do quite a few things better than the hatch.

Rallycross not being one of those things...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

ifcar

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 05, 2007, 07:58:23 PM
Rallycross not being one of those things...

That'll definitely kill sales.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ifcar on April 05, 2007, 07:59:19 PM

That kills my sale. I'm buying the hatch!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ifcar on April 05, 2007, 07:59:19 PM

Sales are made one person at a time: It'd kill the sale to me.

Raza

Hatch looks better.  And no AWD?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Wow, that actually kinda works!

mazda6er

Don't worry Suzuki, it's not horrendously ugly.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza  on April 05, 2007, 08:12:45 PM
Hatch looks better.  And no AWD?
For maybe the first time ever, I was thinking that very thing.  I would definitely take the SX4 hatch over any of its competitors.  But this?  Meh, point me toward the nearest Hyundai dealer.

Raghavan

I think it looks better than the hatch.

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on April 05, 2007, 08:01:43 PM
That kills my sale. I'm buying the hatch!

They might need to make a production WRC version akin to the Evo and WRX because I will never buy an Evo, the WRX has been uglified, Ford is too much of an pansy to give us the ST220 Focus, and I'm going to need a new car eventually.  I like the way it looks, but a turbocharger might be nice.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on April 05, 2007, 10:04:55 PM
They might need to make a production WRC version akin to the Evo and WRX because I will never buy an Evo, the WRX has been uglified, Ford is too much of an pansy to give us the ST220 Focus, and I'm going to need a new car eventually.? I like the way it looks, but a turbocharger might be nice.

I'm sure aftermarket turbo kits will come eventually.  :rockon:

ro51092

Quote from: the Teuton on April 05, 2007, 10:04:55 PM
They might need to make a production WRC version akin to the Evo and WRX because I will never buy an Evo, the WRX has been uglified, Ford is too much of an pansy to give us the ST220 Focus, and I'm going to need a new car eventually.  I like the way it looks, but a turbocharger might be nice.

BMW's bringing over the 1er, and there's still the GTI and the MS3

Eye of the Tiger

Oh yes, the 1er... I can't wait to see that.

ifcar

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 05, 2007, 08:02:08 PM
Sales are made one person at a time: It'd kill the sale to me.

Or would it just encourage you to buy the hatchback?

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Payman

I like it. Give it a year or 2, and we might see a WRC AWD version that'll undercut the WRX by 4-5 grand.