Mid-size Lux Sedans

Started by chevyguy06, April 07, 2007, 09:43:53 PM

If money was no option, which would you take?

Acura TL/Type-S
2 (3.4%)
Audi A4/S4
8 (13.6%)
BMW 3-series
25 (42.4%)
Caddy CTS/CTS-V
7 (11.9%)
Infiniti G35
9 (15.3%)
Jaguar X-type
0 (0%)
Lexus IS
1 (1.7%)
Lincoln MKZ
0 (0%)
Mercedes C-class
4 (6.8%)
Saab 9-3
1 (1.7%)
Volvo S40/S60/R
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

AKL

Quote from: ro51092 on April 16, 2007, 07:08:20 PM
HEY GUYS, MY ACCORD WAS SO FAR FROM STOCK, THEY CALLED IT AN ACURA TL!!!! LOL, OMG!

:lol: :lol: 

Wow, this board is slowly turning into a C&D forum.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

Colonel Cadillac

So Archbishop, what is your opinion of the Audi A8L?

AKL

Even better. What's your opinion on the RS4  :rockon:
Since you seem to think all Audi's are ass.
---------------------
---------------------

sandertheshark

Quote from: AKL on April 16, 2007, 07:26:58 PM
:lol: :lol: 

Just in time to remind why I don't go back.

Catman

Quote from: AKL on April 16, 2007, 07:26:58 PM
:lol: :lol:?

Mmmmmmmm..................no. :nono:

AKL

Quote from: Catman on April 16, 2007, 07:30:32 PM
Mmmmmmmm..................no. :nono:

:ohyeah: Well with great moderators like you it will never happen!
---------------------
---------------------

ArchBishop

Quote from: ro51092 on April 16, 2007, 07:25:13 PM
Once again, please enlighten us as to how it's illogical, and a poor investment. Jeez, I've had a more intelligent conversation with a 1st Grader.

Modding any car is a money pit. Whenever you do any sort of Modification, you are going to drop the value of your car. Beyond that, Depending on what modifications you do, you cannot only lose dependability, but refinement as well (stiffer springs and Struts ride harsher, and stiffer motor mounts add more vibration). You will never get back the added value of the thousands (yes, that?s how much it would cost to do the same for any other car).

Just the same as buying a new car is a poor investment (and an Audi more so) Newer cars are getting better and better at being factory perfect. A New A4, for me at least, is far from what I would want in an Ideal car. I'd have to do a few modifications to get it how I want it. Even then, I'd hate thinking about abusing something so fragile, and Worry constantly about dependability, and don?t particularly care for its powerplant.

ArchBishop

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 16, 2007, 07:28:48 PM
So Archbishop, what is your opinion of the Audi A8L?

For Mid 30K used, I'd buy one. Hoping that someone else had to fix all the issue the car had.

Catman

Well, I think ArchBishop thought he was going to come in here and talk smack and get everyone wound up.  The reality is that people that do that either calm down or get booted.  To be honest we don't like booting people who participate regularly.  I would suggest that everyone relax a bit as the rhetoric usually creates a cycle and it will only get ugly.  How about we get back on target.

ArchBishop

Quote from: AKL on April 16, 2007, 07:29:50 PM
Even better. What's your opinion on the RS4? :rockon:
Since you seem to think all Audi's are ass.

I have 2 friends with one. Well, One guy I know has a S4, and another girl I know owns an RS4 black. She unknowingly waxed me from a standstill at a light. I'd rather have a M3 though.

sandertheshark

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 16, 2007, 07:33:55 PM
Modding any car is a money pit. Whenever you do any sort of Modification, you are going to drop the value of your car. Beyond that, Depending on what modifications you do, you cannot only lose dependability, but refinement as well (stiffer springs and Struts ride harsher, and stiffer motor mounts add more vibration). You will never get back the added value of the thousands (yes, that?s how much it would cost to do the same for any other car).

Not true.

ArchBishop

Quote from: Catman on April 16, 2007, 07:37:13 PM
Well, I think ArchBishop thought he was going to come in here and talk smack and get everyone wound up.? The reality is that people that do that either calm down or get booted.? To be honest we don't like booting people who participate regularly.? I would suggest that everyone relax a bit as the rhetoric usually creates a cycle and it will only get ugly.? How about we get back on target.
Wrong.

Many people here already see were I am coming from. Just because I don't share the same point of view as to what a car should be, doesn't make me wrong. I have been completely truthful, and pointed out many telling facts. People are upset because they don't get to dwell in their ignorant bullshit.

Again, if I had the choice of all these cars, it would be the 335, BMW, and I'd have to think about the rest.

the Teuton

I have a friend with a 1998 A8 4.2 Quattro that had to have a transmission replacement at 110k.  It does happen.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ArchBishop

Catman

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 16, 2007, 07:42:34 PM
Wrong.

Many people here already see were I am coming from. Just because I don't share the same point of view as to what a car should be, doesn't make me wrong. I have been completely truthful, and pointed out many telling facts. People are upset because they don't get to dwell in their ignorant bullshit.

Again, if I had the choice of all these cars, it would be the 335, BMW, and I'd have to think about the rest.

The mods are never wrong.? You can post tomorrow.

ro51092

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 16, 2007, 07:42:34 PM
Wrong.

I'm with you on that one.

sandertheshark

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 16, 2007, 07:44:02 PM
Which part? Please elaborate.
What you did, taking a perfectly good family car and converting into some sort of race car is waste of money, you're right.  But it is wrong to apply that experience to any modification done to any car.

ro51092

Quote from: Catman on April 16, 2007, 07:44:07 PM
The mods are never wrong.  You can post tomorrow.

So you banned him for the rest of the day? COOL!

Raghavan

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

LonghornTX

Archbishop-

I agree with you about some of your comments on the 1.8T engine.  However, most, if not all, have all been remedied with the new 2.0T.  I suggest you go drive one, your opinion might just change.

Also, don't let the guys here bug you too much about modding your Altima.  I can understand the appeal in making an otherwise non-performance oriented car into something different.  Hopefully you left off the big wings and fartcan mufflers.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

850CSi

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 16, 2007, 07:08:26 PM
Oh, you mean besides the usual Intake, Header, Ecu, hotter Camshafts, Stiffer springs, Stiffer struts, Closer ratio transmission, Wider/Bigger tires, Thicker swaybars, Strutbrace, Upgraded brakes, etc. Nothing.

Why would you pour that much cash into an Altima?

850CSi

Raghavan

Quote from: 850CSi on April 16, 2007, 08:18:43 PM
Why would you pour that much cash into an Altima?
Besides having the ultimate sleeper, i have no idea.

Catman

Quote from: Raghavan on April 16, 2007, 08:23:53 PM
Besides having the ultimate sleeper, i have no idea.

Why not?  Look at the SE-R, it's pretty nice.  I would think that reasonable mods could improve the performance.  Doesn't seem so outlandish to me. :huh:

Raghavan

Quote from: Catman on April 16, 2007, 08:26:53 PM
Why not? Look at the SE-R, it's pretty nice. I would think that reasonable mods could improve the performance. Doesn't seem so outlandish to me. :huh:
But changing the transmission, full suspension, putting swaybars, and changing basically everything in the engine besides the block itself?
That doesn't sound like reasonable mods man.

Catman

Quote from: Raghavan on April 16, 2007, 08:30:18 PM
But changing the transmission, full suspension, putting swaybars, and changing basically everything in the engine besides the block itself?
That doesn't sound like reasonable mods man.

I see your point.? I would think some engine mods and maybe a wheel/tire package with some struts, etc.

the Teuton

Coming from me and my little wagon of death, I actually agree with him.  I'm going to be doing just about all of that except for the cams, transmission, headers, and ECU for the time being.  It's all about priorities, but I think it doesn't make too much sense to dump that much into a new car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

saxonyron

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 15, 2007, 10:31:17 PM
G35 > audi. Easily.
Acura TL-S?

Archie, you're nuts.? But that's OK.? I test drove the 06 G35 and almost bought it over the A4 last year.? An extra 100HP was pretty tempting, but the Audi absolutely owned the G in quality, refinement, interior ('06 G was pretty down-market) and handling.? I decided to buy the Audi for the same dough as the G, and I'm happy as hell that I did.? 32,000 miles and no trouble at all.

The new G is very impressive, though.? I drove my brother in law's 07 sedan and was astonished how they improved it in one year.? Smoothness, amazing interior, and liquid handling.? Not to mention raw and torrid power (I was promptly pulled over a mere 3 minutes into my drive for doubling the speed limit).? Except for the 306 HP, it still didn't equal the Audi, but it's a great ride.?

Now, I won't address your comical statements about Audis in general, nor your embarassing and feeble references to the mental midgets at CR, nor your pathetic grasp of the English language, nor the apparent fact that you are an armchair (or more likely toilet) driver and have never set foot in one of these rides that you are ejaculating on or conversely crapping on.? I will instead issue a warm "welcome to the CarSPIN forums, my retarded little friend!"? :ohyeah:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

It'll take at least 3 monkeys to piss adequately on this retarded post.  I'm just making my way through this thread and in 4 years of forum surfing, I'm not sure that I've seen such off-target opinions stated as obnoxious fact.  It's still amusing, but getting less so as I get to page 9... :evildude:

:pee: :pee: :pee:

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 16, 2007, 06:49:51 PM
You mean Besides the lack of power, the excessive body roll,? modest powertrain, and questionable quality? Oh, and it doesn't feel that tossable ither.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan