2007 Maxima (Update - Bought it!)

Started by Catman, April 09, 2007, 07:54:04 PM

Catman

Quote from: Raghavan on April 10, 2007, 11:26:28 AM
You can't get a fully loaded demo model for the price you're looking for?

Demos are often beat on by the sales staff.  I know this because the demo the Infiniti salesman took us out in was beat on. :nono:

Raghavan

Catman

Quote from: Raghavan on April 10, 2007, 11:36:38 AM
Oh, nevermind then.

To quote, "This is why you never by a demo", followed by screeching tires...........

Raza

Quote from: heelntoe on April 10, 2007, 11:32:08 AM
and who knows what kind of abuse they were put through.

I honestly don't think that's an issue.

I'm hoping that's not an issue. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Was your Box a demo??

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on April 10, 2007, 11:39:03 AM
Was your Box a demo??

Yeah it was.  We wouldn't have gotten it, but it was the only Boxster S they had with a stickshift, and we got a great deal, so we took it.  It was driven by a Porsche Regional Manager, so they assured us he took care of it.  I'm hoping that everything will be okay, as I want to keep that car a long time.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Quote from: Raza  on April 10, 2007, 11:40:17 AM
Yeah it was.  We wouldn't have gotten it, but it was the only Boxster S they had with a stickshift, and we got a great deal, so we took it.  It was driven by a Porsche Regional Manager, so they assured us he took care of it.  I'm hoping that everything will be okay, as I want to keep that car a long time.

I'm sure it's breaking as you post..... :tounge:

Raghavan

Uh oh... :lol:
I think our MDX was a demo, not sure, but who'd beat on an SUV?

Raza

Quote from: Catman on April 10, 2007, 11:40:52 AM
I'm sure it's breaking as you post..... :tounge:

That's not funny.

:nono:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: Catman on April 10, 2007, 11:34:49 AM
Cars Direct:

We do not currently have a dealer partner who is a match for your Nissan Maxima request. :huh:

oh yeah; forgot to mention that when I said "deliver" I really meant it as in "to a local dealership". sorry bout that. :(

well that blows. maybe you can type in the zip code of the nearest major city? (if you are willing to pick it up from there)

Catman

Quote from: Raghavan on April 10, 2007, 11:41:36 AM
Uh oh... :lol:
I think our MDX was a demo, not sure, but who'd beat on an SUV?

Got to test out the off-road prowess. :rockon:

heelntoe

just about all the demos i came across here are beat on.every one of them had gearbox/clutch problems. one skoda rs was in particularly bad s hape.
it really depends on the dealership though. the exceptions were from reputed and frendly dealerships.
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

CATMAN! No signature?! :confused: I'm only surprised because it's you

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

Catman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on April 10, 2007, 12:07:55 PM
CATMAN! No signature?! :confused: I'm only surprised because it's you

Refresh, it's there! :nono:

Raghavan

And it's a good sig too! :praise:

TheIntrepid

Meh. Still don't see it. :huh: I can see everyone else's though.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

Quote from: Catman on April 10, 2007, 11:52:08 AM
Got to test out the off-road prowess. :rockon:
Yeah, in basically what's an AWD Odyssey. :rolleyes: :lol:

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8520.msg413017#msg413017 date=1176226817
Yeah it was.? We wouldn't have gotten it, but it was the only Boxster S they had with a stickshift, and we got a great deal, so we took it.? It was driven by a Porsche Regional Manager, so they assured us he took care of it.? I'm hoping that everything will be okay, as I want to keep that car a long time.

Being a Regional Rep, he's had demo's for a long time. The fun of driving one into the ground has probably worn off by that point.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

Raza, how many miles were on it when you got it?

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

I've been conversing with a sales guy from a Nissan dealer I've bought to vehicles from in the past.  He could only find one like I want in New England.  He has several with the addition of the preferred package that I didn't want but he already threw out a $29,500 price via email.  Edmunds TMV price is $31,072.  I haven't even pointed my gun at him yet. :tounge:

Atomic

catman, i'm on my sixth maxi, as you know. i have priced an all new 2007 "se". i decided to order one with every option, including a navigation system and chrome wheels. i will trade-in my loaded 2004 maxima se. yes. the cars are pricey, but they're the BEST cars (4-door sports cars) on the market for the price, hp, quality, content and then some. truly! my good news? the huge amount of money local dealers are willing to give me for my '04 trade. the resale value on past maxi's are awesome.

keep up posted. i'll do the same!

ArchBishop

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8520.msg413017#msg413017 date=1176226817
Yeah it was.? We wouldn't have gotten it, but it was the only Boxster S they had with a stickshift, and we got a great deal, so we took it.? It was driven by a Porsche Regional Manager, so they assured us he took care of it.? I'm hoping that everything will be okay, as I want to keep that car a long time.

Take Care of it as in driver it like a civic? My word you are a little woman.

ArchBishop

Quote from: Atomic on April 12, 2007, 09:50:06 PM
catman, i'm on my sixth maxi, as you know. i have priced an all new 2007 "se". i decided to order one with every option, including a navigation system and chrome wheels. i will trade-in my loaded 2004 maxima se. yes. the cars are pricey, but they're the BEST cars (4-door sports cars) on the market for the price, hp, quality, content and then some. truly! my good news? the huge amount of money local dealers are willing to give me for my '04 trade. the resale value on past maxi's are awesome.

keep up posted. i'll do the same!
Agreed. I think He's making a great choice.

the Teuton

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 12, 2007, 11:23:01 PM

That takes a little audacity to call Raza a woman, especially since you're a newbie, you're probably 14 years old, and you have no idea what anyone is like on these forums.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rupert

Quote from: ArchBishop on April 12, 2007, 11:23:01 PM

0_o
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: the Teuton on April 12, 2007, 11:42:12 PM
That takes a little audacity to call Raza a woman, especially since you're a newbie, you're probably 14 years old, and you have no idea what anyone is like on these forums.

I think, in this case, he would be a n00b.

Which is not to say that Raza's not been a whiny bitch in the past. ;) :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

omicron

Quote from: Psilos on April 12, 2007, 11:44:59 PM
I think, in this case, he would be a n00b.

Oh, Psilos, such harsh words!

ArchBishop

Quote from: the Teuton on April 12, 2007, 11:42:12 PM
I was going to call you Stupid, but I'll let it go. I'm older than Raza, and know damn well who he, and most others on the are the Current/Former members of the C/D forums.

And yes, In the comment, Raza sounded like a little girl. If he's a big boy, he can defend himself.