Tundra is Cheap as Hell!

Started by Catman, April 14, 2007, 12:28:27 PM

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 23, 2007, 05:42:14 PM
I too own a Toyota ('97 Tacoma). Despite 165,xxx miles, the cloth seats, and especially the vinyl portions, look almost new. (The cloth though could use a steam cleaning.) The plastic dahs panels are a bit scratched, but after that much use, that's to be expected I think.
Do I really have to point out that your truck is hardly new.  It's 10 years old. 

QuoteAm I trying to defend Toyota? Not in the least.
Looks like it to me.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 23, 2007, 08:21:28 PM
I've had a few Chrysler products, almost universally panned for interiors, as week-long rentals. The PT Cruiser and Durango I felt had decent materials, fit and all around good interiors. There was loads of hard plastics (I have yet to see why this is a detriment). The Grand Cherokee was similarly constructed, but the gages were very hard to read. I've driven the 300C a little bit, and though it wasn't replete with real wood trim and other luxury, it was similarly quite good IMO.

The only poor quality interior I've ever seen in a new car was in the (or more appropriately, "a") new Mustang. It had blatant inconsisent panel-to-panel dye coloring, bunches of flashing around the shifter and console, and at least a few panels simply didn't fit together.
Fuck you just lost all credibility.  Chrysler products have good interiors and the Mustang's is poor?  Right. :rolleyes:

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 23, 2007, 10:22:38 PM
Fuck you just lost all credibility. Chrysler products have good interiors and the Mustang's is poor? Right. :rolleyes:
See, now you're just being a troll. :rolleyes:

GoCougs

Quote from: Raghavan on April 23, 2007, 10:23:35 PM

Not quite a troll (yet); just utterly unhinged on the Tundra.

Word is this morning that Toyota has overtaken GM for the first quarter of 2007. Now let's see what is said.

LOL.

They're just trucks, people.

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on April 23, 2007, 10:23:35 PM
I'm not being a troll.  I'm calling him out for calling Chrysler interiors nice and the Mustang's poor.  The Mustang's interior is at least on par with any Chrysler interior.

SVT666

VetteZ06

The 1990 pickup, 2001 4Runner, and 2001 Sequoia that have gone through my family (still own the 4Runner and the truck) have all been satisfactory in the area of quality. The pickup is nothing special, obviously, but for its time the interior is more than fine. The 4Runner doesn't have the most luxurious interior, but it's comfortable and very solidly built - no rattles or anything of the sort, and it certainly doesn't feel cheap. The Sequoia had a very nice interior, even if some of the plastics were hard (particularly the dash) - it was definitely in keeping with Toyota's reputation. The Tundra, though? Not so much. It just felt cheap to me from the moment I opened the door and sat down. The experience was probably made worse by the fact that I had just been in a loaded Sierra, but nevertheless, I didn't like what I saw. I can't really even pinpoint a certain aspect of the Tundra's interior that made it so unappealing - it just wasn't very well-executed.

As a person who has had plenty of experience with Toyota products over the years, I can honestly say the Tundra doesn't match their previous efforts in certain areas. It has a nice engine, but with several other recently updated trucks out there, a quicker 0-60 time may not be able to make up for a subpar interior and other execution miscues. You like to laugh all of this off, Cougs, because you think everybody else has it out for Toyota, but I am an experienced Toyota owner and I was truly not impressed. Take from this what you will. :huh:

ifcar

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 24, 2007, 07:30:36 AM
I'm not being a troll.  I'm calling him out for calling Chrysler interiors nice and the Mustang's poor.  The Mustang's interior is at least on par with any Chrysler interior.

Perhaps he happened upon a Mustang with production flaws. A Durango or PT Cruiser would definitely have a nicer interior than a Mustang that wasn't built properly.

Catman

To add insult to injury.....when I was surveying the new Tundra, Sax walked over and started showing me mold lines in some of the interior pieces.  In my Sequoia you have to look long and hard to see anything like that... :(

rjm

Quote from: Catman on April 24, 2007, 04:36:48 PM
To add insult to injury.....when I was surveying the new Tundra, Sax walked over and started showing me mold lines in some of the interior pieces.? In my Sequoia you have to look long and hard to see anything like that... :(

Could Toyota be collaborating with GM more than we know?? ;)

Catman

Quote from: rjm on April 24, 2007, 08:02:45 PM
Could Toyota be collaborating with GM more than we know?? ;)

New sig requirements.  Max 120 pix high. :nono: :tounge:

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=8735.0

rjm

Quote from: Catman on April 24, 2007, 08:20:44 PM
New sig requirements.? Max 120 pix high. :nono: :tounge:

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=8735.0

Went back to reread another post and realized how big that pic is, working on a change.

Raghavan

Quote from: rjm on April 24, 2007, 08:28:56 PM
Went back to reread another post and realized how big that pic is, working on a change.
Still too big. :nono:

Catman

Quote from: rjm on April 24, 2007, 08:28:56 PM

If you see a pic you want let me know I can resize and crop.  Post it in the sig thread. :ohyeah:

SVT666

Cool sig Catman.  is that a photochop of the new Camaro?

Catman

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 24, 2007, 08:46:40 PM
Cool sig Catman.  is that a photochop of the new Camaro?

it's the carbon motors future police car.  www.carbonmotors.com

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on April 24, 2007, 08:48:52 PM
it's the carbon motors future police car.? www.carbonmotors.com
THAT, my friend, is one badass police car.  The front and rear are awesome, but the profile is not so hot.  It looks too short, tall, and boxy form the side.  But the other angles look rediculously cool.  Is it actually going to go into production?

Catman

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 24, 2007, 08:52:03 PM
THAT, my friend, is one badass police car.  The front and rear are awesome, but the profile is not so hot.  It looks too short, tall, and boxy form the side.  But the other angles look rediculously cool.  Is it actually going to go into production?

I guess.  It might be a little too optimistic.  The boxy shape if a function over form issue I surmise.  Should be much more passenger friendly.

JYODER240

Quote from: Catman on April 24, 2007, 08:54:11 PM
I guess.? It might be a little too optimistic.? The boxy shape if a function over form issue I surmise.? Should be much more passenger friendly.

Why would someone be concerned with the comfort of passengers in a police car?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on April 24, 2007, 08:54:11 PM
I guess.? It might be a little too optimistic.? The boxy shape if a function over form issue I surmise.? Should be much more passenger friendly.
Who gives a shit about the rear passengers comfort?  I certainly don't, cause it will never be me.  Just make the roofline look cool, that's what matters. :lol:

Catman

It's not a comfort issue.  Getting people in and out is the problem. 

rjm

Quote from: Catman on April 24, 2007, 08:36:12 PM
If you see a pic you want let me know I can resize and crop.? Post it in the sig thread. :ohyeah:

Will do.

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on April 24, 2007, 08:57:44 PM
It's not a comfort issue.? Getting people in and out is the problem.?
So they smack their heads once in a while...whoopee! :lol:

GoCougs

Quote from: ifcar on April 24, 2007, 03:13:23 PM
Perhaps he happened upon a Mustang with production flaws. A Durango or PT Cruiser would definitely have a nicer interior than a Mustang that wasn't built properly.

Yep. I specifically stated ("a" new Mustang) which is to explicitly state that that particular car had issues. I am not using such anecdotal evidence to indict the whole of Ford Motor (hint, hint, to a few).

Quote from: GoCougs on April 23, 2007, 08:21:28 PM
The only poor quality interior I've ever seen in a new car was in the (or more appropriately, "a") new Mustang. It had blatant inconsisent panel-to-panel dye coloring, bunches of flashing around the shifter and console, and at least a few panels simply didn't fit together.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 24, 2007, 09:55:23 PM
Yep. I specifically stated ("a" new Mustang) which is to explicitly state that that particular car had issues. I am not using such anecdotal evidence to indict the whole of Ford Motor (hint, hint, to a few).

The way you stated it, you would have had us believe all Mustangs were like that.