Chevrolet Corvette Z07 (???)

Started by cawimmer430, April 17, 2007, 03:15:28 AM

Raza

Quote from: omicron on April 19, 2007, 12:05:11 PM
I can live with that, provided it's just a button. None of this nonsensical scrolling through menus and altering settings and whatnot. Press for 500hp, misbehave at the traffic light, and then at the next intersection when JohnnyCapBackwards in the farting Civic is miles behind, press again for 300hp and much nicer fuel economy.

I'm still searching for the 500bhp button in the Passat.  I know it's there, it's just hidden very well!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

For those of you who've never slept with your sister or grown out your mullet, GM offered a button on the F Bodies that when pressed, would extend shift points on the automatic transmission and let the engine rev better.  If they can do it with a 13 year old Firebird, they can do much more with a brand new car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Lebowski

Quote from: the Teuton on April 19, 2007, 02:03:03 PM
For those of you who've never slept with your sister or grown out your mullet, GM offered a button on the F Bodies that when pressed, would extend shift points on the automatic transmission and let the engine rev better.? If they can do it with a 13 year old Firebird, they can do much more with a brand new car.

I think you're thinking of Knightrider.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on April 19, 2007, 02:53:25 PM

You're telling me that production Trans Ams didn't have a turbo boost button!?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Lebowski on April 19, 2007, 02:53:25 PM

I've been in my friend's Firebird Formula enough times to know that there most definitely is a sport button in that car.  It's located just forward of the cup holders.  Anyone ever have an automatic Camaro or Firebird (V8) that can back me up on this?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on April 19, 2007, 02:57:10 PM
I've been in my friend's Firebird Formula enough times to know that there most definitely is a sport button in that car.? It's located just forward of the cup holders.? Anyone ever have an automatic Camaro or Firebird (V8) that can back me up on this?

I've never owned one, but I can back you up on that.

It was a bit over-rated though: What it really was was a manual overide for the throttle position triggered kickdown switch, which raised line pressures and delayed shift points. Those are common on almost all autos.

What the switch did was reduced the tendency for the auto to upshift in corners when the throttle wasn't mashed.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lebowski

Quote from: the Teuton on April 19, 2007, 02:57:10 PM
I've been in my friend's Firebird Formula enough times to know that there most definitely is a sport button in that car.? It's located just forward of the cup holders.? Anyone ever have an automatic Camaro or Firebird (V8) that can back me up on this?

It was just a joke man, I wasn't questioning your credibility.

the Teuton

Quote from: Lebowski on April 19, 2007, 04:59:41 PM
It was just a joke man, I wasn't questioning your credibility.

I have a bad enough time telling sarcasm in real life.  Over the internet, all bets are off.

omicron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 19, 2007, 03:50:07 PM
I've never owned one, but I can back you up on that.

It was a bit over-rated though: What it really was was a manual overide for the throttle position triggered kickdown switch, which raised line pressures and delayed shift points. Those are common on almost all autos.

What the switch did was reduced the tendency for the auto to upshift in corners when the throttle wasn't mashed.

Most Japanese 4-speed automatics from the '80s onwards ought to have the same thing - a Power/Economy button. Our '89 Mitsubishi Magna wagon, the lumbering leviathan that it is, has one, but holding onto gears a bit longer doesn't seem to affect its (lack of) forward progress.

The Lexcen is always both powerful and economical, so it has no need for such fripperies. :praise:

the Teuton

My car had that kind of thing automatically programmed into the ECU based on throttle position.  A little POWER light would come on.  It was good for a 11-12 sec. 0-60 time.  :rockon:

Laconian

When I first got my Camry, I had a huge argument over the dinner table about whether or not I could press the ECT POWER button. My parents were adamant that I couldn't press it because they didn't want me to drive recklessly with all the power it would apparently unlock. After about two hours of yelling I caved and kept it on NORM.

One day, my dad had to drive my car because his was in the shop. When I saw him later that day, he said "yeah... sorry about that argument we had a while back... your car is slow enough with the power switch on!"
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on April 19, 2007, 10:57:08 PM
When I first got my Camry, I had a huge argument over the dinner table about whether or not I could press the ECT POWER button. My parents were adamant that I couldn't press it because they didn't want me to drive recklessly with all the power it would apparently unlock. After about two hours of yelling I caved and kept it on NORM.

One day, my dad had to drive my car because his was in the shop. When I saw him later that day, he said "yeah... sorry about that argument we had a while back... your car is slow enough with the power switch on!"

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i