1 (2%)
Volvo S80
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

1 BAD 7

Yeah I know exactly what you mean :lol:. My wife would be the perfect fit for that example she will complain that our 5er shifts smoother then the M5. It is just too jerky and how she rather have a new Lexus :rolleyes:.

Woman you cant live with them and you cant live without them :cry:.

Actually I truly enjoyed driving M5 much like your self but just could not justify spending $30K  over my 7er.  :cry:
I think 7er was far more practical and still great fun to drive. Here is one thing I came away with after driving M5 vs M3. Without a doubt the M3 is more raw and call me crazy but for some reason I liked that about M3 and sort of missed it in M5. :huh:

Anyways I will wait till M5 prices drop much more before I will even consider buying one. With M3 coming out it is good idea to just stick with what I have and let the preowned market take its effect and then in couple of years pick one or the other based on which one is more exciting to drive.

Quote from: red_shift on May 15, 2007, 10:51:54 AM
I have not driven the E46 M3 with the SMG though I have driven it with the regular manual. M5 was the first SMG experience for me, actually. (I think that kind of explains my remarks) I think we agree that it's fast shifting in higher settings. Setting M5 in auto mode should strictly be reserved for the wife who cannot drive the manual.? :praise: (and then all you would get is nagging about how smooth the Accord is compared to the M5? :banghead:)

I certainly know what you mean when you say set it to the highest level and then just go. It's a crazy car, one that can alter your persona and all. I however felt it was not the car for me, mainly because I would be doing most of the driving, and most of the time I would feel like a bandit in a stolen car! Though I like that feeling, I don't want to feel like that all the time. :P For me, my little 3er will suit me fine for now! (not to mention the 50G I save by not going for the M5...)

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

1 BAD 7

As far as smoothness goes yes.

But to me that bit a of raw flavor where each gear shift with aggressive and super quick rifle bolt feeling is intoxicating. I think if you read C/D article on new Ferrari that came out you hear them tell of that same aggressiveness in Ferrari's sequential manual. I think the double clutch system is missing that flair. I think sporty cars should have a bit of that raw flavor to them. But I guess thats just me.

Quote from: 850CSi on May 14, 2007, 09:04:50 PM
I think a dual-clutch system is better than a sequential manual one.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

CWW

Raza

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on May 17, 2007, 06:29:18 PM
As far as smoothness goes yes.

But to me that bit a of raw flavor where each gear shift with aggressive and super quick rifle bolt feeling is intoxicating. I think if you read C/D article on new Ferrari that came out you hear them tell of that same aggressiveness in Ferrari's sequential manual. I think the double clutch system is missing that flair. I think sporty cars should have a bit of that raw flavor to them. But I guess thats just me.

If you want a raw flavor, get a manual.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: CWW on May 19, 2007, 02:20:43 PM
Jaguar XF production car:

>> Jaguar XF <<

I know Ford will build it like that, but come on, the belt line is way too high and the grille is awkward.  It couldda been a contender.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TheIntrepid

>> Jaguar XF <<

Me likey. It looks the best an IS250 could look.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

>> Jaguar XF <<

Wow I guess Jeremy Clarkson now has to cut off his leg and beat himself to death with it.?

Edit:  Wait I guess this isn't the real thing...   Too bad.

1 BAD 7

That raw flavor can also be had with sequential manual cars.

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8711.msg453550#msg453550 date=1179619506
If you want a raw flavor, get a manual.

www.KayaniTravel.com

nickdrinkwater

>> Jaguar XF <<

Nice chop.  But I find the sides a bit slab sided.  It also slightly resembles an Accord in my mind (in terms of the beltline)

Might just be me actually! lol.