supposedly new C&D test 350z vs Shelby GT vs rx8 vs TT. Anyone get C&D yet?

Started by 565, April 23, 2007, 11:09:20 AM

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

SVT666

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 24, 2007, 03:27:04 PM
Nope.? It just shows how little they should be taken seriously.

Neither the Stratus or Mustang of those years are anything special. A 99-04 Mustang has a crap interior, pathetic seats, handled horrible, didn't ride well, had a poor shifter. It was good in a straight line and looked good. I'm not saying the Stratus is better but it certianly couldn't have been much worse.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 07:09:02 PM
Neither the Stratus or Mustang of those years are anything special. A 99-04 Mustang has a crap interior, pathetic seats, handled horrible, didn't ride well, had a poor shifter. It was good in a straight line and looked good. I'm not saying the Stratus is better but it certianly couldn't have been much worse.
Gawd.  Listening to you, someone would think the 99-04 Mustang is the worst car ever built. :rolleyes:

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 24, 2007, 07:41:28 PM
Gawd.? Listening to you, someone would think the 99-04 Mustang is the worst car ever built. :rolleyes:

Its not the worst car ever built but its certianly wasn't a good one.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 07:56:12 PM
Its not the worst car ever built but its certianly wasn't a good one.

But the Mach I had a SHAKER hood scoop!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 07:09:02 PM

The shifter was quite good and it most certainly did not look good. You are talking out of your ass.

JYODER240

Quote from: NACar on April 24, 2007, 07:57:11 PM
But the Mach I had a SHAKER hood scoop!

the mach 1 was and still is one cool car, but if its anything like the GT it isn't a good car to drive.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 07:59:47 PM
the mach 1 was and still is one cool car, but if its anything like the GT it isn't a good car to drive.

It drives like a lowered pickup truck, how can that not be good?  :lol:

JYODER240

Quote from: NACar on April 24, 2007, 07:58:12 PM

The shifter was quite good and it most certainly did not look good. You are talking out of your ass.

The shifter was definently not good. You even had to lean forward to get it into 5th!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 08:00:36 PM
The shifter was definently not good. You even had to lean forward to get it into 5th!

Only if your shifter locating pins are broken.? (or you have unusually short arms) :rolleyes:

JYODER240

Quote from: NACar on April 24, 2007, 08:01:24 PM
Only if your shifter locating pins are broken.? (or you have unusually short arms) :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

sorry, i guess i was a little slow at picking up on your sarcasm.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 08:02:27 PM
? :thumbsup:

sorry, i guess i was a little slow at picking up on your sarcasm.

No sarcasm here. I really do like the shifter, and I don't think it looks good.

JYODER240

Quote from: NACar on April 24, 2007, 08:06:16 PM

oh well then in thats case you're just crazy :P

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 08:07:08 PM
oh well then in thats case you're just crazy :P

If you just pretend it's a lowered truck, it all comes together nicely.  :praise:

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on April 24, 2007, 08:06:16 PM
The shifter location was terrible and it was a very notchy shifter, but a $175 aftermarket shifter fixed that.? Besides all these quirks you mentioned add to the character and charm of the car.? Even Raza agrees with that.

It's fine if you don't like the Mustang, but that is simply because you don't "get it".? The Mustang is one of those cars that you build a relationship with.? You learn the quirks, like not being able to shift to reverse without sticking the lever in 5th first because you would grind the gears if you didn't, and you realize that the quirks are part of the charm and part of the character of the car.? When a car is too refined, rides too well, handles too well, and does everything just right, it loses that charm and that character.? There is a reason I cried every time I sold one.? It became part of me, and it was like removing a limb.? It was a challenge to drive fast and when she was at the limit it was like being in control of something that was out of control (that line is from Days of Thunder I think, but it's perfect), and conquering it was so satisfying.? My wife even said once that she thought I loved my car more then her.? I once spent so much money on performance parts in one month, I couldn't make the mortgage payment.? :lol:? I don't even keep pictures of them anywhere I can see them because it's too emotional for me.? It may sound stupid, but that's what it's like for me. :rockon:

Eye of the Tiger

I was very close to buying a Mustang on more than one occasion. I just never found the one I wanted when I had the chance, thus I haven't bought one... yet.

And I'll say again: I like the [old] Mustang's shifter.

MrH

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 24, 2007, 08:42:06 PM
The shifter location was terrible and it was a very notchy shifter, but a $175 aftermarket shifter fixed that.  Besides all these quirks you mentioned add to the character and charm of the car.  Even Raza agrees with that.

That's seriously your justification for why the last generation Mustang was a shitty car?

You're acting like Raza is a more creditable source than the largest car magazine in the country.  Not to kick Raza's self confidence in the nuts, but you'd have to crazy to think that.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 08:00:36 PM

Agreed, the shifter position was more suited for an orangutan than a fully evolved human.

Raza

Quote from: MrH on April 25, 2007, 12:04:53 AM
That's seriously your justification for why the last generation Mustang was a shitty car?

You're acting like Raza is a more creditable source than the largest car magazine in the country.  Not to kick Raza's self confidence in the nuts, but you'd have to crazy to think that.

I think that.
:huh:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 565 on April 25, 2007, 12:13:18 AM
Agreed, the shifter position was more suited for an orangutan than a fully evolved human.

When I stand up and let my arms hang down, they don't even make it halfway to my knees. I'm no orangutany, but I thought the Mustang's shifter was just fine. Now the FOcus, OMG, that was a reach for me. Either my legs were cramped and I could shift, or my legs were fine and I had to lean forward for every shift.

And I'm pretty sure the Mustangs I drove didn't have short-shifters installed. I want a Mustang now. A 99 V6 would do me fine. RWD is funner than FWD.

Raza

It's been a long time since I drove that generation Mustang (and it was for a very short time) but I don't remember the shifter position being particularly odd. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Ron From Regina

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8746.msg428792#msg428792 date=1177509955
It's been a long time since I drove that generation Mustang (and it was for a very short time) but I don't remember the shifter position being particularly odd.?

I didn't realize how badly placed the shifter position was in the last gen, until I sat in an 05 for the first time.

Raza

Quote from: Ron From Regina on April 25, 2007, 08:46:38 AM
I didn't realize how badly placed the shifter position was in the last gen, until I sat in an 05 for the first time.

Well, I won't deny that the SN197 has a better shifter placement. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: MrH on April 25, 2007, 12:04:53 AM
The Mustang was not and is not a shitty car.  I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are wrong.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8746.msg428892#msg428892 date=1177515896
Well, I won't deny that the SN197 has a better shifter placement.?
If you look at the shifter in the SN95 you will see that the shifter had to be bent quite a bit so the knob was within arms length of the driver.

Raza

I noticed that.  I only drove it once, but my friend had it, so I had a lot of shotgun time.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 25, 2007, 09:58:34 AM
The Mustang was not and is not a shitty car.? I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are wrong.

not that your biased or anything :rolleyes:

I can't think of many people outside of Mustang fanboys that would say the 99-04 Mustang was a good car.

Raza

It handled like shit and had a terrible interior, but it sure was fun, dramatic, and fast (if not right out of the box, with a few mods).  What other metrics are needed?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Like I said earlier they looked good and were decently fast in a straight line. I really can't think of any other redeeming qualities they had.