1996 Impala SS vs. 2003 Mercury Marauder

Started by SVT666, April 24, 2007, 09:21:04 AM

Which you buy on the used market?

15 (48.4%)
16 (51.6%)

Total Members Voted: 30

SVT666

So I showed my wife pictures of the Marauder and she just rolled her eyes. :lol:

SaltyDog

I'd take the Marauder, but the Caprice beats it in the engine department.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

LonghornTX

Impala for me.? It just has WAY more cachet in my opinion.? It is the ultimate "big boy" ride? :thumbsup:.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

SVT666

SVT666

A stick option was never seriously under consideration; the clutch pedal would interfere with a key behind-the-dash crossbracing that is essential to the big Merc passing crash regs. - HOT ROD MAGAZINE

Oh well. :(

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 27, 2007, 09:53:00 AM
A stick option was never seriously under consideration; the clutch pedal would interfere with a key behind-the-dash crossbracing that is essential to the big Merc passing crash regs. - HOT ROD MAGAZINE

The Merc is a tank.  It wouldn't have made a difference in the real-world that much.  Oh well, indeed.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

280Z Turbo

Quote from: the Teuton on April 27, 2007, 04:27:36 PM
The Merc is a tank. It wouldn't have made a difference in the real-world that much. Oh well, indeed.

There's nothing wrong with a land yacht with a manual.

Aparently you've never heard of a "four speed, dual quad, positraction 409" Impala SS. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 27, 2007, 09:53:00 AM

I'm sure there's a way around that.  And besides, if you do it aftermarket, they aren't going to crash test your car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

heelntoe

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 27, 2007, 04:32:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with a land yacht with a manual.

Aparently you've never heard of a "four speed, dual quad, positraction 409" Impala SS. :lol:
i think he meant that the cross brace should have been sacrificed for a manual transmission.
@heelntoe

280Z Turbo

Quote from: heelntoe on April 27, 2007, 04:38:27 PM
i think he meant that the cross brace should have been sacrificed for a manual transmission.

Ah, I see.

But a lot of people [cough]Wimmer[/cough] do say that a big car shouldn't have a manual tranmission.

the Teuton

There are Range Rovers that have manual transmissions.  But, alas, there are some big cars that only come in automatic *cough Veyron*.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

heelntoe

the veyron is no bigger t han a gallardo actually.(unless you mean power wise)
@heelntoe

the Teuton

Quote from: heelntoe on April 27, 2007, 04:53:44 PM
the veyron is no bigger t han a gallardo actually.(unless you mean power wise)

I meant weight wise, actually.  It's about the same weight as a Grand Marquis.

heelntoe

@heelntoe

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on April 27, 2007, 04:55:32 PM
I meant weight wise, actually.? It's about the same weight as a Grand Marquis.
The Veyron is 200 lbs heavier then the Marauder.

giant_mtb

Marauder for me.

...Why are people so into the Marauder but so hateful against the Grand Marquis and Crown Vicky?  It's the same goddamn car (basically)...  :huh:

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 27, 2007, 06:10:41 PM
Marauder for me.

...Why are people so into the Marauder but so hateful against the Grand Marquis and Crown Vicky?  It's the same goddamn car (basically)...  :huh:

Better engine, better transmission, better suspension, better looks.

Devil's in the details...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FIU Panther

The Impala you guys are missing the gotta have it pimp factor.

What other can you ride around listening to Snoop D-O-Double G and feel as cool in.

Impala SS for me.  :rockon:
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL

SVT666

Quote from: FIU Panther on April 27, 2007, 09:28:16 PM
The Impala you guys are missing the gotta have it pimp factor.

What other can you ride around listening to Snoop D-O-Double G and feel as cool in.

Impala SS for me.  :rockon:
Both of these cars scream AC/DC to me. :huh:

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raza  on April 27, 2007, 06:37:18 PM
Better engine, better transmission, better suspension, better looks.

I mean the looks.  The only real differences are that it has fog lights, it's a few millimeters lower in the front, and it has some big wheels...other then that it's still a Grand Marquis.  :huh:

Vinsanity

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2007, 08:51:56 AM
I mean the looks.? The only real differences are that it has fog lights, it's a few millimeters lower in the front, and it has some big wheels...other then that it's still a Grand Marquis.? :huh:

it also has blacked-out headlights

macchina

The more I think about it, the more I'd go with the Impala.? I just really like full-sized Chevy's.? See America today in your Chevrolet.? ?:ohyeah:
- Danilo,
Alfa Romeo Enthusiast Extraordinaire (Troll)
[/font]?
:evildude:

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2007, 08:51:56 AM
I mean the looks.  The only real differences are that it has fog lights, it's a few millimeters lower in the front, and it has some big wheels...other then that it's still a Grand Marquis.  :huh:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]