Post your favorite saloon of all time... and justify your choice

Started by sportyaccordy, May 01, 2007, 07:21:04 PM

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quote from: Autobahn on May 05, 2007, 03:54:02 AM
the Hammer is the 6.0 liter W 124 from AMG, I love the 500 E though.

I thought the 500E was called The Hammer?  Well, according to Wiki, it's called The Velvet Hammer.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on May 05, 2007, 09:16:48 AM
I thought the 500E was called The Hammer?  Well, according to Wiki, it's called The Velvet Hammer.

The AMG W124 Coupe with the 6.0 V8 was known as "Der Hammer". :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on May 05, 2007, 09:16:48 AM

The true AMG hammer had a bored out 6.0 V-8.

Oh, and my choices...

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

1 BAD 7

My favorite are BMW E65/66 7 series, E60 BMW M5 and E39 M5/5er.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sandertheshark

And with the 4.8L and the much nicer rear end and taillamp package that comes with it.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

1 BAD 7

I agree with the 4.8 liter engine. But I dont like the E66 rear end as much as I like the E65 rear end.

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 05, 2007, 11:43:02 AM
And with the 4.8L and the much nicer rear end and taillamp package that comes with it.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on May 05, 2007, 12:13:34 PM
I agree with the 4.8 liter engine. But I dont like the E66 rear end as much as I like the E65 rear end.

Me neither, it's blander to me.  I prefer the pre-facelift, front and back.

1 BAD 7

Look who is calling who a ricer :rolleyes:.

That thing you posted was fugly :confused:

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 01, 2007, 08:27:54 PM

Powerful, roomy, reliable, a great land yacht. I love it.

www.KayaniTravel.com

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on May 05, 2007, 12:18:13 PM
Look who is calling who a ricer :rolleyes:.

That thing you posted was fugly :confused:

I like my rims better though. I'm getting my windows tinted, and that's the only "rice" I've done to it.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

1 BAD 7

www.KayaniTravel.com

1 BAD 7

I didnot know that window tinting was also rice. Hell in your book then effectively 80% of USA is rice. :lol:

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 05, 2007, 12:19:39 PM
I like my rims better though. I'm getting my windows tinted, and that's the only "rice" I've done to it.

www.KayaniTravel.com

1 BAD 7

Well I already know your affection for stock wheels is huge. So no surprise there that even a nice looking set of wheels would look obnoxious to you.

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 05, 2007, 11:28:49 AM
I'd prefer the 7-series without the obnoxious wheels.

www.KayaniTravel.com

LonghornTX

My favorite would of course be the E34 M5.  Give me a 1995 model w/ the Nurburgring handling package.  I prefer it over the "fatter" looking E39.  It doesn't hurt that I have an E34 as well.  Infact, it looks a lot like the one Raza posted, except it is white and it doesn't have the M front lip.

Also, just to clear some things up, the first gen. M5 was the E28 model, not the E12.  Also, the E24 is the original 6 series coupe, not a 5 series  :ohyeah:.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

SVT_Power

850CSi

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on May 05, 2007, 12:13:34 PM

:confused:

E66 = LWB E65.... No difference in the rear end.

SVT_Power

Quote from: 850CSi on May 07, 2007, 12:16:51 AM

i think he must have thought E66 is the facelifted one

ChrisV

Quote from: ArchBishop on May 04, 2007, 08:35:48 PM
MY impression was that a Saloon was a Sedan. You know, 4 doors, and a Seprate truck. The Mini would now be considered a Hatch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saloon
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/saloon

Sedans have had 2 doors in the past. the BMW 2002 was a 2 door sedan. In fact, many cars were available as a 4 door sedan, 2 door sedan and 2 door COUPE at the same time.

The mini was a small sedan. And it didn't have a hatch:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

Quote from: ChrisV on May 07, 2007, 07:52:29 AM
Sedans have had 2 doors in the past. the BMW 2002 was a 2 door sedan. In fact, many cars were available as a 4 door sedan, 2 door sedan and 2 door COUPE at the same time.

The mini was a small sedan. And it didn't have a hatch:

Agree.

thesvtautox

2004 Ford Focus SVT

LonghornTX

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

1 BAD 7

My bad I forgot that E66 was LWB version and by mistake I just called it the upgraded 2005 version.

Quote from: 850CSi on May 07, 2007, 12:16:51 AM

www.KayaniTravel.com