944 Turbo vs. RX-7 vs. M3 vs. Trans Am

Started by Raza , June 18, 2005, 03:25:41 PM

R33 GT-R

QuoteRight on, only do the good drugs.
Seriously.  I'm talking acid, clean coke, and absinthe.

Oh...absinthe...how I long for thee...
Don't forget MDMA, lab grade of course.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raza

X?  Eh, to each his own.  I like the natural stuff.  Or anything that will FUBAR you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

X?  Eh, to each his own.  I like the natural stuff.  Or anything that will FUBAR you.
that's why I said lab grade, not bathtub and press grade.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raza

that's why I said lab grade, not bathtub and press grade.
Dateline says X is bad for you... ;)

FUBAR!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Link

Raza, have you checked out this 87 M6?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Raza wants a fun car, not a grand tourer.  

BMWDave

QuoteRaza wants a fun car, not a grand tourer.
The M6 was NOT a Grand Tourer!   :o  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Yes it was, it was a large coupe that most likely weighed over 3000 lbs.  

BMWDave

Hardly GT by any measure...the Corvette and 911 both weigh over 3000 pounds...a very unsuitable measurement of a GT car, if you ask me.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Hardly GT by any measure...the Corvette and 911 both weigh over 3000 pounds...a very unsuitable measurement of a GT car, if you ask me.
Fine then, maybe weight isn't the best measurement, but size certainly is and there is no debating the fact that the M6 was a large coupe. Don't get me wrong, I like the M6, it was one of my favorite cars for a long time. But, I don't think it is what Raza is looking for.  

TBR

Does anyone know how much power the 944 Turbo has?  

footoflead

i would go for the RX7 with twins....fast as hell...tinker with the suspension a little and you will beat the pants off a lot of guys...i know a couple guys that run about 10lbs of boost and can do low 13's consitently...i would settle for a nice lookin first gen...a third gen that hasnt been screwed up would be a great car...even though they have wierd maintence needs...once you learn a little bout them...they can be fast as hell!

Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

yes it is.
Raza, get the M3. best looking and most practical, and it's quite fast too.
Personally, i'd the the E30 M3. :praise:  

Rupert

...Since acid is all natural and all... <_< You've still forgotten 'shrooms, maryjoohuana, and beer. (All of which are more natural than LSD). And if you wanna be completely FUBAR'd, go find some DMT or DPT.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BMWDave

Fine then, maybe weight isn't the best measurement, but size certainly is and there is no debating the fact that the M6 was a large coupe. Don't get me wrong, I like the M6, it was one of my favorite cars for a long time. But, I don't think it is what Raza is looking for.
It was a large coupe, but was one of the fastest and best handling cars around in the mid 80s.  Sure, it could seat you in comfort, but that isnt the only mark of a GT car.  The M6 was quite the sporty car.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

yes it is.
See my argument with TBR.

And an E30 is probably my favorite M3...I just love the looks!  Sometimes I wish I had a E30 M3 instead of a regular E30.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

yes it is.

And an E30 is probably my favorite M3...I just love the looks!  Sometimes I wish I had a E30 M3 instead of a regular E30.
that was my dream car, but those things are extremely rare where i live, and all are probably high mileage cars, i'd think, so it wouldn't be a good idea to get one. maybe as a restoration project when i'm older.

Raghavan

yes it is.

i guess everyone has different standards on what's a sports car or a GT car.

TBR

It was a large coupe, but was one of the fastest and best handling cars around in the mid 80s.  Sure, it could seat you in comfort, but that isnt the only mark of a GT car.  The M6 was quite the sporty car.
If it has a back seat it is a grand tourer and the M6 had a back seat.

Raghavan

so a 911 Turbo is a grand tourer?

TBR

Actually, it is.  

Raghavan

Actually, it is.
well, i never thought it was. :shrugs:

TBR

The fact that it has AWD almost makes it an automatic GT, the GT2 on the otherhand are definitely a sports car, as is the regular Carrera and Carrera S. What I should have said is that if a car has a useable backseat it is automatically a GT.

Raghavan

QuoteThe fact that it has AWD almost makes it an automatic GT, the GT2 on the otherhand are definitely a sports car, as is the regular Carrera and Carrera S. What I should have said is that if a car has a useable backseat it is automatically a GT.
AWD doesn't make it a GT. A lamborghini Murcielago has AWD, and there's no way that thing's a GT. a bit heavy, but it's a supercar, not a GT.

TBR

QuoteThe fact that it has AWD almost makes it an automatic GT, the GT2 on the otherhand are definitely a sports car, as is the regular Carrera and Carrera S. What I should have said is that if a car has a useable backseat it is automatically a GT.
AWD doesn't make it a GT. A lamborghini Murcielago has AWD, and there's no way that thing's a GT. a bit heavy, but it's a supercar, not a GT.
It is both a supercar (because of its price) and a GT (because of its drive configuration and massive weight).  

Raghavan

It is both a supercar (because of its price) and a GT (because of its drive configuration and massive weight).
drive configuration doesn't mean it's a GT at all. Does that mean that a base 911 is a sports car while the much faster and better handling AWD Turbo is a GT? your view of GT cars doesn't make sense.

TBR

drive configuration doesn't mean it's a GT at all. Does that mean that a base 911 is a sports car while the much faster and better handling AWD Turbo is a GT? your view of GT cars doesn't make sense.
IMHO AWD makes a car a GT car because it doesn't improve the way it drives and adds weight. It may make it faster, but it doesn't make it feel better.

Raghavan

IMHO AWD makes a car a GT car because it doesn't improve the way it drives and adds weight. It may make it faster, but it doesn't make it feel better.
it may add weight, but even with AWD, there are some cars with awesome performance, and i think it's not fair to call them GT cars, while their performance may exceed an RWD car.

TBR

If it is a case where a car has so much power that it can't get it to the pavement without AWD that would be one thing, but that certainly isn't the case with the 911 Turbo.  

BMWDave

QuoteIf it is a case where a car has so much power that it can't get it to the pavement without AWD that would be one thing, but that certainly isn't the case with the 911 Turbo.
You can always get the GT2-no AWD :P  

2007 Honda S2000