chevyguy06

Quote from: Raza on May 05, 2007, 10:51:18 PM
:confused:

I'm revoking your car lovers' license.

It reminds me too much of a 70's Honda.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

850CSi

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8934.msg440138#msg440138 date=1178467355
Ah, you've just proven that you've no taste.?

Has anyone ever told you you're a troll?

Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on May 06, 2007, 10:02:35 AM
Ah, you've just proven that you've no taste.  The E92 is one of your favorite BMWs of all time?  It's an abomination, just on styling alone. 

Finally somebody agrees with me
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Onslaught

My good friend in high school had a 2002tii and that car was a blast. 2002 for me.

ChrisV

I find it amusing that some people here that would rather have the new one over the old one are also the same people that require a manual transmission as it makes the car more involving. On that criteria alone, the 2002 has it all over the 335. It's VASTLY more involving to drive. You want to know what the 2002 does better than the 335? Drive them both. the 335 is faster, but the 2002 is simply more fun, more involving, and you feel more connected to both the car AND the road. There's no electronic nannery between you and the components of the car in a 2002.

And any good car enthusiast who finds these little performance cars ugly needs mental help, because they simply don't know what they are looking at. You need to really think about how your sense of aesthetics developed, because it's misfiring.  :lol:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

The 2002 makes falling-apart noises, and snorting, snarling, lumpy noises, and tyres screeching noises, and dashboard-falling-off noises, and angry noises.

Wonderful noises. :wub:

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on May 07, 2007, 01:10:25 AM
Has anyone ever told you you're a troll?

Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

I'm not a troll.  There are BMWs that are great.  They just don't seem to make them anymore.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on May 07, 2007, 07:45:11 AM
I find it amusing that some people here that would rather have the new one over the old one are also the same people that require a manual transmission as it makes the car more involving. On that criteria alone, the 2002 has it all over the 335. It's VASTLY more involving to drive. You want to know what the 2002 does better than the 335? Drive them both. the 335 is faster, but the 2002 is simply more fun, more involving, and you feel more connected to both the car AND the road. There's no electronic nannery between you and the components of the car in a 2002.

And any good car enthusiast who finds these little performance cars ugly needs mental help, because they simply don't know what they are looking at. You need to really think about how your sense of aesthetics developed, because it's misfiring.  :lol:

:rockon:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8934.msg441161#msg441161 date=1178552312
I'm not a troll.? There are BMWs that are great.? They just don't seem to make them anymore.

and how many of these new BMW's have you driven? Its just that while you've never driven a 335i you rip it apart while the automotive press who has driven it seems to enjoy it.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

850CSi

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8934.msg441161#msg441161 date=1178552312
I'm not a troll.? There are BMWs that are great.? They just don't seem to make them anymore.

Yes you are. You used to have a lot of interesting and informative posts on here but now most of it is something along the lines of..
"I hate ______".
"You're an idiot for liking ________"
"_______ Sucks"
"I disagree with you about _______ and therefore you're an idiot/tasteless"

Apparently there's some sort of god complex to go with it because your fallacy-loaded opinions about subjective matter can never be wrong. That's not called being opinionated or arrogant, that's called being a douchebag. We're here to discuss cars and talk about cars, we're not here to debate with you why we're idiots and you're not.

I wish we had a fucking ignore button on this forum but we don't. Whatever, I'll just ignore you anyways.

ChrisV

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 07, 2007, 10:28:41 AM
and how many of these new BMW's have you driven? Its just that while you've never driven a 335i you rip it apart while the automotive press who has driven it seems to enjoy it.

Of course they enjoy the new one. Doesn't mean that they wouldn't enjoy the old one more for giving a more pure driving experience. There are a lot of things a new car does well, but most of them are isolating you from the driving experience (well, except to give the old throwback to a manual transmission for the whiners that think that's the only thing that means you're in control of a car with).

I love my 7 series, but it's not as involving as a 2002 by far. I HAD a 2002. I also had an early 320i (aka the German Pinto). I my opinion, the new BMWs have gone away from what made BMW great, and driving a good 2002 back to back with a new 335 will show that, even though the 335 is faster. technically faster isn't everything, otherwise you'd like technically faster automatic transmissions.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

MexicoCityM3

As an only car, 335i; as a second car, 2002tii all the way.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

sandertheshark

LonghornTX

The 2002 by a longshot.  It is the epitome of BMW.  Though, I do like the 335i.

BTW, the Turbo model probably would have been a more fitting comparison IMO.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 07, 2007, 10:28:41 AM

There is capability.

And then there is involvement.

To anyone who doesn't understand the difference, I suggest this.

Find a Fiat 500 Abarth. Or a Porsche 356. Or a Morris Minor.

Then drive one.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

When did I ever say that the 2002 wasn't involving or fun to drive? Or even that the 335i was more involving or fun? All I ever said is how can you say that the 335i (or current BMW's in this case) isn't involving or fun to drive when you've never driven one? Especialy when the automotive press who has driven it, enjoys it.

JYODER240

Quote from: ChrisV on May 07, 2007, 01:34:57 PM
Of course they enjoy the new one. Doesn't mean that they wouldn't enjoy the old one more for giving a more pure driving experience. There are a lot of things a new car does well, but most of them are isolating you from the driving experience (well, except to give the old throwback to a manual transmission for the whiners that think that's the only thing that means you're in control of a car with).

I love my 7 series, but it's not as involving as a 2002 by far. I HAD a 2002. I also had an early 320i (aka the German Pinto). I my opinion, the new BMWs have gone away from what made BMW great, and driving a good 2002 back to back with a new 335 will show that, even though the 335 is faster. technically faster isn't everything, otherwise you'd like technically faster automatic transmissions.

I never said that the 2002 was involving to drive, or that the 335i was more involving to drive than it is.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 07, 2007, 08:05:34 PM
When did I ever say that the 2002 wasn't involving or fun to drive? Or even that the 335i was more involving or fun? All I ever said is how can you say that the 335i (or current BMW's in this case) isn't involving or fun to drive when you've never driven one? Especialy when the automotive press who has driven it, enjoys it.

You assume much.

It has to do with where your priorities lie.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 07, 2007, 08:09:39 PM
You assume much.

It has to do with where your priorities lie.

How do I assume too much? I was responding to Raza because he always rips apart BMW's even one's that he has never driven. How can you say that the 335i isn't any good or isn't involving if you've never driven one? The fact that the automotive press seems to enjoy it makes it even more of a brazen statement.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 07, 2007, 08:13:56 PM
How do I assume too much? I was responding to Raza because he always rips apart BMW's even one's that he has never driven. How can you say that the 335i isn't any good or isn't involving if you've never driven one? The fact that the automotive press seems to enjoy it makes it even more of a brazen statement.

First, because I have driven one. I've also driven the other.

And second, the 335i is a damned good vehicle. If I were in the automotive press I'd have good things to say about it too.

But I don't want one. I should probably want one if I were just to look at its spec sheet. But I don't drive a spec sheet.

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 07, 2007, 08:18:59 PM

First, because I have driven one. I've also driven the other.

And second, the 335i is a damned good vehicle. If I were in the automotive press I'd have good things to say about it too.

But I don't want one. I should probably want one if I were just to look at its spec sheet. But I don't drive a spec sheet.

Thats not much different than what I have been saying. All i said is how can you rip apart a vehicle you've never driven, especialy when all you here are positive reviews from the automotive press? :huh:   

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 07, 2007, 08:28:50 PM
Thats not much different than what I have been saying. All i said is how can you rip apart a vehicle you've never driven, especialy when all you here are positive reviews from the automotive press? :huh:? ?

The automotive press is usually only comparing new cars to new cars.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that any of them that haven't had the sould already bleached out of them by phrases like 'five-star safety ratings" and "best-in-class rear seat legroom" would agree with a lot that Raza is saying about new cars vs. older cars.

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 07, 2007, 08:32:59 PM
The automotive press is usually only comparing new cars to new cars.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that any of them that haven't had the sould already bleached out of them by phrases like 'five-star safety ratings" and "best-in-class rear seat legroom" would agree with a lot that Raza is saying about new cars vs. older cars.

I never had a problem with anyone with anyone voting for the 2002. Once again, all I said is how can you say that a 335i is a bad car if you've never driven it and there are dozens of reviews from the press that say otherwise?

93JC

335i.

Contrary to what anyone else says, the 2002 IS an ugly little car.

J86

I think it's sooooo cool looking!

I want a roundie!

850CSi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 07, 2007, 08:32:59 PM

Doesn't that apply to all cars then?

LonghornTX

Quote from: 93JC on May 08, 2007, 10:00:49 AM
335i.

Contrary to what anyone else says, the 2002 IS an ugly little car.
Bah  :evildude:.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

1 BAD 7

I think those things that you dislike so much with the new BMW's can apply to the new porsches too. After all they are more computerized then first generation Boxsters and looks wise some people will say the older ones looked more classy.

I think you have gotten carried away with the whole thing of bashing new BMW's.

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8934.msg440145#msg440145 date=1178467939
I'm sure there were other BMWs that aren't shit ugly and overly computerized as well.?

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com