Accord Window Problems

Started by AKL, May 05, 2007, 07:53:18 PM

AKL

Lately when it's been getting hot. I like to just open my windows and moonroof. But THIS REALLY annoying squeak noise comes out of the rear left window whenever I close it, or open it. And sometimes the noise doesn't go away even when I am not pressing the switch (When it is open). It's really really fucking annoying. And today I brought it to the dealer to get it fixed. At first it sounded OK, but then it came back again later!
I think it has something to do with the heat outside. In the morning it was fine (left in the cool garage), but once i parked it outside for a while and it started to heat up the noise comes back. I really want to get it fixed. It's really embarressing to when you're driving your friend and they hear this cheap sounding noise.

Any help please?
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

CJ

Have the dealer replace the motor. 

One thing we have to do on our Accord is get the dealer to re-tint it and to fix the problem in all four doors.  The tint gets scratched BIG time when you roll the windows up or down.  It's a problem.

S204STi

Quote from: CJ on May 05, 2007, 10:04:41 PM
Have the dealer replace the motor. 

One thing we have to do on our Accord is get the dealer to re-tint it and to fix the problem in all four doors.? The tint gets scratched BIG time when you roll the windows up or down.? It's a problem.

Huh? Window motors don't make noise when at rest.

I think the dealer must've sprayed silicone lube on your window run rubber to get the noise to go away.  Unfortunately, silicone lube evaporates quickly.  It's good as a diagnostic aid, but there is likely a rubber run or other piece that is worn and making the noise.

AKL

I guess i'll have to bring it to the dealer again and explain to them the problem. I told them that it came back, but they said it just needed lubricant. So, let's hope the next trip will be sucessful!

I suspect there is something worn, and it's not just the motor. Since it does make the noise on its own at times.

What's odd is the only NORMAL sounding windows is the drivers window and rear right window. When it's closed, and I press the button to "reassure" it is closed when it's raining or something. It's usually just to suppose to make a "click" noise, which the drivers does. While the passenger window makes this really odd not quite squeak noise. More of a "swish" noise  :confused: I compared it to my friends Accord, which all the windows make none of that odd sounds at all.

I guess I have to firmly explain to them that it NEEDS to be checked out, and not just lubricated.

Thanks 
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

CJ

Whoops, didn't read it all of the way through.  Sorry 'bout that.