Need Your Help

Started by E46M3, May 08, 2007, 07:41:16 PM

SVT_Power

Quote from: 565 on May 08, 2007, 11:43:45 PM

Exactly, why would you garage queen a car that's been specifically designed to be both high performance and practical as a daily driver.  If you just keep it as a weekend car, you are only using 1/2 of your M3's designed intent.

correct fraction would be 2/7 (if you only count saturday + sunday as weekend)
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

E46M3

Quote from: 565 on May 08, 2007, 11:43:45 PM

Exactly, why would you garage queen a car that's been specifically designed to be both high performance and practical as a daily driver.? If you just keep it as a weekend car, you are only using 1/2 of your M3's designed intent.

A little something called ugly Canadian winters with gravel the size of our Canadian Rockies. :cry:

I guess I can summer dd the M3 and winter dd the Rubicon but now I would have two part-time garage queens. :confused:
2005 M3 6spd

850CSi

I know your winters are a little uglier than ours but it's not like every single day of the winter is plagued by precipitation, right?

I mean, I'd certainly DD an M3. I see it as just a stiffer version of the 3-Series.

Personally, I vow to own an E46 M3 one day.

SVT_Power

well it does make alot more sense to drive a Rubicon in the winter than a M3 if you think about it
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

not to say it's not a good idea to drive the M3 all yr round

omicron

Champ

'SINGLE'

^best personalized plate I ever saw.  On an older Vette' Stingray with some older gentleman driving it!  :D

Raza

What about Cameron Frye's dad's plate:

NRVOUS
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

E46M3

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9024.msg443732#msg443732 date=1178731312
What about Cameron Frye's dad's plate:

NRVOUS

LMAO!
2005 M3 6spd

E46M3

Quote from: omicron on May 09, 2007, 09:36:49 AM
Get one of these:

I've got plenty, even customized, but I don't think the M3 looks good with it because it takes away from the bold front bumper and the focus becomes that plate.
2005 M3 6spd

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

sandertheshark

Saw this on a new RS4 today:  AUDIOS.  I don't even like Audis and I thought that was cool.  :lol:

Tave

I saw a debadged white G35 in Pheonix with:

PSHNW8

Whatever you get, don't get that, unless you like getting pulled over.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

heelntoe

some geek humour. :lol:
@heelntoe

ro51092

SVT_Power

how do u convert binary to writing?

ro51092

Submariner

A great plate for an E-63 I saw...

OWN M5s
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

ro51092

Quote from: Submariner on May 12, 2007, 11:50:01 AM
A great plate for an E-63 I saw...

OWN M5s

Won't be so great after the M5 flys by him.

heelntoe

Quote from: ro51092 on May 12, 2007, 11:52:06 AM
Won't be so great after the M5 flys by him.
maybe he also owns an M5. :huh: :lol:
@heelntoe

JYODER240

8 UR V8 or NIRVANA.

I've wanted both but neither are available in Ohio.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Champ

Quote from: M_power on May 12, 2007, 10:59:52 AM
how do u convert binary to writing?
1000101 is 69 in decimal.

However if you actually want to know how to do it, convert binary to hexadecimal (can be done with windows calculator) then go to an ASCII chart (google ascii chart) and look at what the value would be.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TheIntrepid

ORRR what I am ordering for my Trep

"GODFTHR"

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

E46M3

No luck on the custom plate name yet and thanks all for your suggestions but on that second problem I've decided to dd my M3. This post from another board was spot on:

"My M is my beater, my daily driver and my weekend car...... You only live once, so enjoy it. There will always be another exciting car when this one bites the dust and to let it sit and depreciate doesn't make much sense.....Cars aren't investments...."

Anyways, I only put about 6K/yr on my personal car (and use the wife's suv for that mall crap :P) so it's not like I was going to abuse it. Sadly, I decided to sell the Rubicon which it sold very quickly to a nice gentleman who lives very far away, thank God.? :cry:
2005 M3 6spd

E46M3

Errr, scratch all that...... :mask:

The Rubicon deal fell thru; A blessing in desguise, perhaps.? :partyon:
2005 M3 6spd

SVT_Power

how about offer me a cheap deal on the rubicon? :lol: