The sportyaccordy project car thread...

Started by sportyaccordy, May 08, 2007, 08:00:19 PM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: R-inge on May 13, 2007, 08:00:30 PM
Well, I suppose with a stroker kit, a good cam, some head porting, and the proper intake and exhaust work he might be able to accomplish that.

He's going with the stock block... probably gonna mill the head though.

And I remember that SCC article too. I think they have to get rid of cars they use in movies or something, so they did all that stuff before they sent the car to the crusher.

Secret Chimp

Here's the article:
http://crazyjim.ramelot.com/14seconds.htm

I'd love to do that with an old Shadow V6 or something, if I ever bother to buy a truck and a trailer after all of this work-a-day and school crap is done with.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 14, 2007, 01:17:36 PM
Here's the article:

I'd love to do that with an old Shadow V6 or something a Ford Festiva, if I ever bother to buy a truck and a trailer after all of this work-a-day and school crap is done with.

Cool :ohyeah:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 14, 2007, 01:17:36 PM
Here's the article:

I'd love to do that with an old Shadow V6 or something, if I ever bother to buy a truck and a trailer after all of this work-a-day and school crap is done with.

Out of fear of becoming the resident Cadillac troll, Hot Rod magazine did something similar, but a little more extreme with a 1970 Caddy in the early '80s: Eventually stripping the car down to the frame rails with a lawn chair for a seat.

The rest of the article is viewable here: http://www.cadillacpower.com/album/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=2
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raghavan

That Sentra article is one of the best i've ever read. :lol:

sportyaccordy

Secret Chimp

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Psilos on May 16, 2007, 12:47:31 AM
But Festivas are already so light...

Exactly, it'll save you a lot of work.  :ohyeah:

Rupert

I thought the point was to vastly improve a car's performance by taking off all the weight.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Secret Chimp

Psilos needs someone to help him get the joke out of the internets and into his sense of humor.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 16, 2007, 07:25:17 PM
Psilos needs someone to help him get the joke out of the internets and into his sense of humor.

Well, I do admit, it wasn't a really great joke...  :huh:

Rupert

Quote from: NACar on May 16, 2007, 07:59:05 PM
Well, I do admit, it wasn't a really great joke...  :huh:

Hehehe, I never know with you and your strange appreciation of crappy 'Merican cars. :lol: ;)

sportyaccordy

I'm selling the beast.... too much money, not enough time. If I can afford an $850 clutch job I can afford to finance a car w/A/C, P/S, leather, ABS, etc. I went back to my old stomping grounds and all my friends are driving nice, newer vehichles (i.e. G35 coupes, TL Type-Ss, Altima 3.5's, etc.)... there's no reason for me to punish myself like this.

I went out with two hot girls last night and they want to go to the beach... I'm glad I didn't offer to take them, because after a month and a half I still don't have seat belts for the passengers. Yeechhhhhh

Project cars are overrated.

Next up:

TheIntrepid

sportyaccordy

I haven't bought it yet... I'm waiting for my car to get sold, and to move back with my parents... but I'm definitely set on getting another Maxima. I just have to do some final maintenance things (new axle, set the exhaust, time insert on #3 spark plug) and get A/C and P/S put back (for free!!! Just gotta get the R134 coolant and drive out to Jersey) and I'll be done. If not for the clutch job I would have MADE money on this car... I'm hoping to get about 3500-4000 for it when it's all said and done.

Eye of the Tiger

TheIntrepid

Raghavan

You're buying that car or you're buying a Maxima to make it look like that?
And why are you moving back with you parents?

Eye of the Tiger

Secret Chimp

The wheels on the Maxima look goofy as hell.

The Pirate

I'd keep your current car, especially if it meant still being able to live on your own.  I'd much rather have my own place and a crappy car, than live with my folks and drive a nice car.  I get along with my parents too.

It's an older car, it's going to need some repair work, that's pretty much SOP.  But, not having a payment should offset that, as long as it doesn't become chronically troublesome.

I'd keep the car and the apartment.  Just my 2 cents, and I certainly don't know your whole situation.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

S204STi

I think the Maxima will be much more satisfying.

Raghavan

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 28, 2007, 06:29:23 PM
The wheels on the Maxima look goofy as hell.
It looks like the wheels are too wide for the tires. And the wheels and tires are too wide for the body.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raghavan on May 28, 2007, 07:30:45 PM
It looks like the wheels are too wide for the tires. And the wheels and tires are too wide for the body.

I can't ride stock... it hurts my body

And I think that Maxima looks incredible. I couldn't drive one like that in NYC... but I can definitely appreciate the owner's vision.

Champ

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 31, 2007, 06:07:47 PM
I can't ride stock... it hurts my body

And I think that Maxima looks incredible. I couldn't drive one like that in NYC... but I can definitely appreciate the owner's vision.
Does he get a tractor beam with those headlights?  Those things are nuts.  4 pods?

S204STi

Quote from: Champ on May 31, 2007, 06:35:51 PM
Does he get a tractor beam with those headlights?? Those things are nuts.? 4 pods?

I think the OEM design is similar (if not the same...not even sure those are aftermarket).

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Champ on May 31, 2007, 06:35:51 PM

Does he get a tractor beam with those headlights? Those things are nuts. 4 pods?

Turn signal, low beam, high beam, "fog/driving" light... seems pretty standard :huh: