The sportyaccordy project car thread...

Started by sportyaccordy, May 08, 2007, 08:00:19 PM

Champ

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 05, 2007, 09:31:23 AM
Turn signal, low beam, high beam, "fog/driving" light... seems pretty standard :huh:
Foglights inside of the headlight unit?

"Pretty standard" would be high/low beam on one bulb, turn signal on a separate unit (side markers), fog/driving light down where that guy has his yellow light pods.

He has 6 places I count for light to come out, I count 3 on my car. (per side - left/right - so he really has 12 places for light to come out on the front of his car, I have 6)

sportyaccordy

OK, the extra fog light in the headlight is a bit much... I would stay with the stockers anyway. Where's the sixth light, the sidemarker? :huh:

sportyaccordy

This stopped making sense today...

I've been paying about $500/mo to keep this car on the road... and to get it how I want, I would need

Cams - at least $1000
New suspension - Another $700-800
Tires - $300
A paint job - $900-1000
New stereo - $500

$3600... and it's still a '92 Accord (albeit a nice one)... bleh, I REALLY want either a '98-02 Accord or an '00 & up Maxima... like... TODAY...

I had to change the alternator and battery today... another $200 down the drain... and I'm ashamed to pick up this girl I'm dating in it for a night out tomorrow...

Bleh....

Some girl is coming to look at it this weekend... I hope this is it!!!

BimmerM3

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 14, 2007, 05:35:09 PM
I REALLY want either a '98-02 Accord or an '00 & up Maxima... like... TODAY...

Buy my car. It might be tough to convince my dad to sell it (I really want a Miata but he's against the idea), but if I actually had someone who wanted it, he might reconsider.

There really aren't any issues with my car except the hood and front bumper are a little banged up, and there are typical scratches all around the car for an 8 year old car. Oh, and I'm having some speaker issues, but I hope to get that sorted out soon.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: BimmerM3 on June 14, 2007, 11:05:34 PM
Buy my car. It might be tough to convince my dad to sell it (I really want a Miata but he's against the idea), but if I actually had someone who wanted it, he might reconsider.

There really aren't any issues with my car except the hood and front bumper are a little banged up, and there are typical scratches all around the car for an 8 year old car. Oh, and I'm having some speaker issues, but I hope to get that sorted out soon.

I really want an EX-L 5-speed sedan... but I'll let you know if I'm interested. Where are you located?

BimmerM3

Metro-Atlanta, which is a pretty far drive from you (New York, right?), but it could be much worse.

Honestly it'd be a pretty long shot that my dad would actually let me sell the car, but I'm always willing to try.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: BimmerM3 on June 14, 2007, 11:05:34 PM
Buy my car. It might be tough to convince my dad to sell it (I really want a Miata but he's against the idea),

He's just worried about your sexuality.

Just let him catch you and your girlfriend in a compromising position once or twice, he'll realize its OK and let you have the Miata.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

BimmerM3

Quote from: Soup DeVille on June 15, 2007, 11:43:11 PM
He's just worried about your sexuality.

Just let him catch you and your girlfriend in a compromising position once or twice, he'll realize its OK and let you have the Miata.

Haha... when he found out that I'd have my own bedroom at school next year he said, "Don't make me a grandfather."