Finally Got My Car!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, May 09, 2007, 08:04:58 PM

NomisR

Quote from: SJ_GTI on May 10, 2007, 01:32:50 PM
The G35, like the Camry 4-cylinder, is Japanese and doesn't have as much "soul" as my pure-bred German racing machine.

British > German

SJ_GTI

pommes-t

pommes-t

Quote from: Laconian on May 10, 2007, 12:13:57 PM
We have a saying in Texas, don't know if you have this in Canada... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

uhh...

fool me can't get fooled again.

One of my favourites...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee--that says, fool me once, shame on--shame on you. Fool me-- you can't get fooled again."
President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., 17.9 2002

:rockon:

LOL @ Shansareg

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

Trep. :nono:
No one cares if your car has an I4.
Hell, i don't even have a car. Although i do get stuck behind the wheel of the Accord more than i'd like to.

sandertheshark

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 07:58:16 AM
Frankly I do feel that I should have said that it was a 4 from the beginning, but I just couldn't take the fact that 90% of this forum was going to mock me for getting a 4.
A Camry is a Camry.  We were gonna rag on you for it anyway.

QuoteI've been trying to make a major point here that as much as you may not consider me a true enthusiast, I DO like the Camry. I also LOVE my Intrepid. I don't give a shit if they're big, FWD, automatic boats, but they're mine and I'm happy with them.
That sounds like an acceptable definition of an auto enthusiast to me.

QuoteYes, this Camry's hopelessly slow, but it's smooth and roomy, and I like it. It's reliable and frankly that's all I want as of now. I want to get myself through school so someday I can afford those luxury and sports cars I so fantasize about.
Good.  So you would have had nothing to be ashamed of.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Vinsanity on May 10, 2007, 03:06:45 PM
man, I could tell you with a straight face that my s2000 has a Honda F1 engine if I wanted to :devil:

you just need to work on your bluffing skills
On a side note, Trep, poker at my place next thursday.  You want in?

Catman

Enough with the friggin lying already. :lockedup:

SaltyDog

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 10, 2007, 06:56:12 PM

:lol:  You should pay to fly him out.  It should be a good investment :P

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 10, 2007, 06:56:12 PM

:lol: If it's in Toronto, I'll consider it. :P

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

(When I have my car back and until I mod it) I will be driving my little POS for a while and I'm not ashamed of it.  I park it in a country club next to cars that make your Camry look like a joke and I talk to millionaires with a straight face and tell them that I will do that.  I am the kind of person that will some day zone a trailer in a million dollar alotment just to lower everyone else's property value.

Why in the hell is it necessary to lie at all, especially over the net with a whole bunch of people who've never met you in person yet?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TBR

Quote from: The Pirate on May 10, 2007, 03:06:56 PM

Indeed.  I've two lenses as well; a 28-80mm and a 75-300mm.

I have the exact some two lenses for my Rebel Ti :rockon:

And, tepid, the I4 is a much more approriate engine choice for a dull family sedan such as the Camry.

MrH

Why the hell are you guys sticking up for this kid?

And for as much as you lie, you sure do suck at it.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SVT_Power

Quote from: MrH on May 10, 2007, 10:39:03 PM
Why the hell are you guys sticking up for this kid?

And for as much as you lie, you sure do suck at it.

:lol: :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Laconian

Quote from: pommes-t on May 10, 2007, 04:27:10 PM
One of my favourites...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee--that says, fool me once, shame on--shame on you. Fool me-- you can't get fooled again."
President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., 17.9 2002

:rockon:

LOL @ Shansareg Shensareg
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

omicron

Well, you all suck, because I have a real V6. :praise:

GM3800 FTW!

Raghavan

Quote from: omicron on May 10, 2007, 11:24:02 PM
Well, you all suck, because I have a real V6. :praise:

GM3800 FTW!
In your Lexcen? :lol:

omicron

Quote from: Raghavan on May 10, 2007, 11:24:48 PM
In your Lexcen? :lol:

Yes! 170 super horsepower!

It's bulletproof.

Raghavan

Sure... ;)
What does the Lexcen have, anyways?

omicron

Quote from: Raghavan on May 10, 2007, 11:29:02 PM
Sure... ;)
What does the Lexcen have, anyways?

What does it have? A nice hat, and some pants.

Raghavan

Quote from: omicron on May 10, 2007, 11:39:24 PM
What does it have? A nice hat, and some pants.
And a generous helping of bird poop.

Eye of the Tiger

you crazy aussies and your swapping gm v-6's into toyotas  :nono:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

omicron

Quote from: NACar on May 10, 2007, 11:52:24 PM
you crazy aussies and your swapping gm v-6's into toyotas building a Commodore at Fisherman's Bend, driving it 10km up the road to Altona, and adding Toyota badging, grille, and front and rear lights :nono:

Fixed.

Eye of the Tiger

omicron

Quote from: NACar on May 10, 2007, 11:55:56 PM
I don't get it :huh:

It's not a GM V6 in a Toyota; it's a Toyota badge on a GM.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: omicron on May 10, 2007, 11:59:24 PM
It's not a GM V6 in a Toyota; it's a Toyota badge on a GM.

now why on earth would they do that?

omicron

Quote from: NACar on May 10, 2007, 11:59:54 PM
now why on earth would they do that?

When Holden went all but bankrupt in the mid/late '80s, one of its saviours was a model-sharing agreement with Toyota.

Also:

'At the time of its inception, Australia's motor industry was heavily protected by import tariffs, harbouring the assembly of thirteen different models by various manufacturers. The Button car plan aimed to reduce this number to eight models, with the aim of forcing some amount of industry consolidation. The over-arching aim of the scheme was to make the motor vehicle industry in Australia more efficient (by consolidation of resources), allowing the import tariffs to be gradually unwound. This in turn would theoretically expose the local industry to increased competition from imported products, fostering improvement in local vehicles and creating the basis for a competitive export industry.

Industry consultation had begun in 1984 with a proposed start date of 1985. The most obvious effect of the plan for the Australian car buyer was the appearance of badge engineered vehicles, where the same basic vehicle was sold by several different companies under different names.'

Raghavan

I thought the Toyota Camry was a Holden something.