Finally Got My Car!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, May 09, 2007, 08:04:58 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on May 12, 2007, 04:01:54 PM

Pheonix is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, Einstein. The metro area is over twice the size of Pittsburg. The city itself is over 5 times the size of Pittsburg. ASU's Tempe campus is the second largest school in the country. Trust me, parking is in demand there. Consider yourself ripped off.

Not size, population density and space.  Einstein.

My friend parked his BMW for free on a hill.  When I bring my car, it will be because I have an apartment with parking space.  Until then, we have one of the best transit systems in the country.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raghavan

Tave

Quote from: the Teuton on May 12, 2007, 04:07:32 PM
Not size, population density and space.?

I thought we were talking about college parking. ASU students (all 50,000 of them), don't benefit from the Pheonix metro area's spacious layout, they have to park close to the campus. Besides, Tempe is pretty crammed as well, and as the new high-rises finnish construction and open for occupation, the density is going to skyrocket.

Trep isn't even going to Pittsburg, is he?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on May 12, 2007, 04:24:15 PM
I thought we were talking about college parking. ASU students (all 50,000 of them), don't benefit from the Pheonix metro area's spacious layout, they have to park close to the campus. Besides, Tempe is pretty crammed as well, and as the new high-rises finnish construction and open for occupation, the density is going to skyrocket.

Trep isn't even going to Pittsburg, is he?

He's going to some school in Canuckistan.

We just have a cramped city with a lousy, old-fashioned layout.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BimmerM3

I'm paying about $560 for a year of parking at GT. I guess it just depends on which college you go to, but it can be expensive.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 12, 2007, 03:08:28 PM
There may be an update on my car situation:

My uncle, who works for Toyota, and who's currently driving my new car, told us that the Ontario provincial government gives us a $2000 rebate on a Hybrid car, and the federal government an additional $1500. Plus, my university for next year has a yearly parking rate of $584 ($68 for every month of school), and a $350 annual flat rate for Hybrids.

My uncle also said that since it's within 10 days of purchase, we can get a full refund on the LE and, if we put a down payment down, get a new Camry Hybrid for $2200 more (after discounts and rebates) than we got hte LE for.

It more than pays for itself, since Ontario's government is going to grant free use of carpool lanes with one occupant in the car for Hybrid drivers.

My dad says he's seriously considering it.

My dad went back to Ken Shaw Lexus Toyota and put a $3000 deposit down on a 2007 Camry Hybrid and dropped off the LE. Since it's under 10 days old and has less than 300km there's a no-questions-asked guarantee.

The MSRP with tax was $34,862 and after my uncle's discount, the $3500 government rebate which we'll be getting in the mail within 6 weeks, and taxes, we got the Hybrid for $30,593.58.

Delivery either late June or early July.

Now I'll still be bored to death, but I'll be helping the environment while I do it! Keyless start/go FTW!!!!!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TBR

The BS continues, so now he has an uncle that works for Toyota? Whatever...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on May 12, 2007, 08:43:41 PM
The BS continues, so now he has an uncle that works for Toyota? Whatever...

I can scan and send one of the mods (preferably Catman) the deposit papers. Plus, I'll be whoring out millions of pics of the most environmentally-friendly car on CarSPIN once it arrives.

edit: And my uncle doesn't "work for Toyota"... he's a new immigrant and is working as a salesman at a dealership.

mazda6er

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 12, 2007, 08:44:27 PM
I can scan and send one of the mods (preferably Catman) the deposit papers. Plus, I'll be whoring out millions of pics of the most environmentally-friendly car on CarSPIN once it arrives.

edit: And my uncle doesn't "work for Toyota"... he's a new immigrant and is working as a salesman at a dealership.
Let's see "millions of pics" of the LE that's already in your driveway, then.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TheIntrepid

Quote from: mazda6er on May 12, 2007, 08:52:12 PM
Let's see "millions of pics" of the LE that's already in your driveway, then.

Read two posts ago. I have the two pics of the LE I took on Thursday night.

I don't have to justify JACK SHIT, but since I'm not exactly trustworthy due to past actions, I can send deposit and order papers to a trusted mod, with a matching name to my driver's license, if they so wish.

TBR

I am sure you can find a Hybrid in some mall parking lot like you did for your orignal camry.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on May 12, 2007, 08:55:33 PM
I am sure you can find a Hybrid in some mall parking lot like you did for your orignal camry.

:rolleyes: I can't find pictures of it posed in scenic places or in my driveway beside my Intrepid and Caravan, nor can I get papers for one in my dad's name, can I now?

mazda6er

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 12, 2007, 08:54:17 PM
Read two posts ago. I have the two pics of the LE I took on Thursday night.

I don't have to justify JACK SHIT, but since I'm not exactly trustworthy due to past actions, I can send deposit and order papers to a trusted mod, with a matching name to my driver's license, if they so wish.
Actually, you just deleted those pictures.

And yes, you have to justify EVERYTHING.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

I am still trying to translate that post as it made very little sense, but the only pictures you've posted of the black Camry have been in front of some low rent strip mall, not exactly a logical locale for a photo shoot.

TheIntrepid

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on May 12, 2007, 09:02:04 PM
I am still trying to translate that post as it made very little since, but the only pictures you've posted of the black Camry have been in front of some low rent mall parking lot, not exactly a logical locale for a photo shoot.

Magnetic Gray. Both the LE I dropped off today and our SE which we're getting rid of in June are Magnetic Gray. The only Camry I've ever had in black was my '99.

TBR

Close enough. Besides, I don't think you or your parents have it anyway. You've made up far too much crap already (Touraeg, Caravan (at one point it was a stripper model, now it is fully loaded, that's odd), and the latest Camry).

TheIntrepid

Oh and the Hybrid's going to be "Aloe Green" with the Bisque (beige-y) cloth interior.

I'm not about to make up buying a Toyota fucking Camry. If I was going to make up a car, it'd be one that would IMPRESS people.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on May 12, 2007, 09:06:42 PM
Close enough. Besides, I don't think you or your parents have it anyway. You've made up far too much crap already (Touraeg, Caravan (at one point it was a stripper model, now it is fully loaded, that's odd), and the latest Camry).

Touareg, I'll accept.

The Caravan has NEVER been a stripper model. It's always been a 2006 SXT model. I've posted ample pictures of the damn thing.

TBR; I don't give two shits if you believe me or not. However, as I said, I can scan the papers when I go to my cousin's house (I don't have a scanner) in a couple days.

Raghavan

TBR wants to see the deposit papers so he can identity-theft Trep. :devil:

TheIntrepid

TBR's not going to see jack. RAG, DID YOU GET MY PM!?

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 12, 2007, 09:36:20 PM
TBR's not going to see jack. RAG, DID YOU GET MY PM!?
Yeah, but i'm choosing not to answer it.
PM's keep giving me e-mails, and my mom is going through my e-mails. Nearly got caught today. Lemme call you instead man.

ifcar

Quote from: Raghavan on May 12, 2007, 09:39:20 PM
PM's keep giving me e-mails, and my mom is going through my e-mails. Nearly got caught today. Lemme call you instead man.

I believe you can disable email notification of PMs.

TheIntrepid

It'll book you for long distance, dude. I have unlimited long distance calling.

Raghavan

Thanks If, i disabled it.

Danish

She goes through your emails?!?
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Raghavan

Quote from: Danish on May 12, 2007, 10:02:54 PM
She goes through your emails?!?
Well, she doesn't know the password, but she sometimes says, Open it up, i want to see it.

Danish

Quote from: Tave on May 12, 2007, 04:01:54 PM

Pheonix is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, Einstein. The metro area is over twice the size of Pittsburg. The city itself is over 5 times the size of Pittsburg. ASU's Tempe campus is the second largest school in the country. Trust me, parking is in demand there. Consider yourself ripped off.

In fact, the metro stat only includes 2 suburbs. If we consider the greater PHX area, we're probably talking about a city that is 10 times larger than Pittsburg.

Please man, Colorado Springs is larger than fucking Pittsburg, which is the 58th largest city in the States. Pheonix is number 6. Please don't "inform" me of what it's like to park in a big city. Trust me, I know.

And we're not talking about city permits, we're talking about college parking, correct? Unless I missed something...

Damn dude, do you not know that it is the Incredible Hulk that you are speaking to? :devil:

Honestly, I think ASU parking is an anomaly.... I paid about $500/year at UCSD. To park at a lot off campus and then grab a shuttle to campus
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

sandertheshark

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 12, 2007, 09:06:51 PM
Oh and the Hybrid's going to be "Aloe Green" with the Bisque (beige-y) cloth interior.

Now that's a car you can be ashamed of.

QuoteI'm not about to make up buying a Toyota fucking Camry. If I was going to make up a car, it'd be one that would IMPRESS people.
Maybe you should just pretend to not have a Camry at all.

Raghavan

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 12, 2007, 10:43:16 PM
Now that's a car you can be ashamed of.

Maybe you should just pretend to not have a Camry at all.
:lol: