Is it me or has Ford...

Started by 850CSi, May 15, 2007, 08:07:45 PM

850CSi

... been selling an absolutely ridiculous amount of Fusions? (The Fusion is a personal favorite of mine)

I noticed it on my way home today from work... They seem to be all over the place. How well have they been selling?

Eye of the Tiger

I never see any around here, but I do see an insane amount of Subaru Legacy wagons :huh:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CJ

Hardly see any of them here.  I do, however, see LOADS of brand new David McDavid Honda Accords.

Raghavan

JYODER240

I haven't really payed attention.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

Quote from: CJ on May 15, 2007, 08:17:41 PM
Hardly see any of them here.  I do, however, see LOADS of brand new David McDavid Honda Accords.

Are you a Houstonian or do they have franchises elsewhere as well? (We looked at a Frontier at David McDavid Nissan in Houston)

CJ

I'm a Planoian.  We've got David McDavid dealerships left and right.  Hell, we're leasing our Accord from David McDavid Honda of Frisco.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 850CSi on May 15, 2007, 08:07:45 PM
... been selling an absolutely ridiculous amount of Fusions? (The Fusion is a personal favorite of mine)

I noticed it on my way home today from work... They seem to be all over the place. How well have they been selling?

I've noticed it. There are a lot of new Camries too.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SaltyDog

I've noticed some, but not a ton.  My boss has a pearlescent white Fusion.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

the Teuton

Pitt's security guards have rental white Fusions.  Next to the Aura, they both are very nice cars. 
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

alot of fleet sales for the fusion perhaps? I personally don't see too many of them
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

I see a fair number, but not Camry/Accord level.

etypeJohn

I mentioned this to my wife just the other day.  Seems to be a lot of them in the Houston area.

IrishGuy

I'm in the northeast and I hardly see any.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

ChrisV

They've been selling at a rate of about 15k units a month, with around 15% going to fleets. There is only one plant making Fusions and they are on a third shift to keep up with the demand. Smaller sales than Accord and Camry, to be sure, but maxing out the plant makes it a success.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

I notice a lot of them and they aren't fleet cars for the most part.  I actually see a lot of Lincoln Zephyrs too.

93JC

I see a few here and there, about as often as I see new Camrys. I've never seen a fleet one, though.

omicron

I've never seen one. I did see 235738475432 Commodore SS-Vs today, though.

thewizard16

They're relatively popular here, more so than the Aura or G6 maybe, but they're aren't "tons" of them.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: thewizard16 on May 16, 2007, 08:22:38 AM
They're relatively popular here, more so than the Aura or G6 maybe, but they're aren't "tons" of them.

I see more G6's than either the Aura or Fusion, but I do see quite a few Fusions.

Its a nice car IMHO. I think the G6 is the nicest looking of the bunch, but the Fusion is a close second, and the Aura a not-to-distant third.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 93JC on May 16, 2007, 07:39:22 AM
I see a few here and there, about as often as I see new Camrys. I've never seen a fleet one, though.

We rented a 2006 SEL V6 in the summer, when we needed an extra car for our trip through the Rockies.

93JC

Like I said, never seen a fleet one. I don't doubt that they exist, I've just never seen one. Impalas and Camrys on the other hand...

TheIntrepid

yeah. I think in Alberta, rental and corporate fleet cars have the different format license plate; one letter followed by 5 numbers. I think our Allure's is G-34734. If you keep your eye out for that, the Hertz and Avis cars, which don't have stickers like the Budget and National ones, will become more obvious to you.

93JC

Guy, I've lived in Alberta my entire life: I know how to spot a fleet car licence plate... :rolleyes:

TheIntrepid

:lol: :lol:

I was there a week and I figured it out. It's no big achievement. ;)

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 16, 2007, 09:10:26 AM
yeah. I think in Alberta, rental and corporate fleet cars have the different format license plate; one letter followed by 5 numbers. I think our Allure's is G-34734. If you keep your eye out for that, the Hertz and Avis cars, which don't have stickers like the Budget and National ones, will become more obvious to you.
I think we know about the different plate format. :rolleyes:  Did you know they also have black stickers in the corner of the plate for fleet cars?  I could count the fleet Fusions I have seen on one hand.  I see 3 or 4 times more Fusions then Auras, and I think the G6 looks fairly plain and there is nothing about them that gets me excited.  I personally think the Zephyr (MKZ or whatever the fuck it is now) looks better in person then the Fusion does.

TheIntrepid

I also like the Zephyr better. I saw a Milan on the road with Michigan plates yesterday. Looked awkward IMO.

FoMoJo

I've noticed quite a few in my region.  I think one reason is that the 'bold' grille makes them easy to spot.  What's surprising however, is l've seen quite a few Edges as well as it's Lincoln cousin the MKX.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 16, 2007, 12:03:26 PM
I've noticed quite a few in my region.? I think one reason is that the 'bold' grille makes them easy to spot.? What's surprising however, is l've seen quite a few Edges as well as it's Lincoln cousin the MKX.

A guy I go to lunch with a lot (who owns an Altima, and isn't what I'd consider a "car guy") has commented to me a couple of times that he really likes the new Edge (usually while walking past one in the parking lot). I tend to agree with him, its pretty sharp ( :lol: ) looking.

SVT666

Quote from: SJ_GTI on May 16, 2007, 12:49:38 PM
A guy I go to lunch with a lot (who owns an Altima, and isn't what I'd consider a "car guy") has commented to me a couple of times that he really likes the new Edge (usually while walking past one in the parking lot). I tend to agree with him, its pretty sharp ( :lol: ) looking.
I got a ride in one and I like it.  I don't know why the magazines don't, but I do.