1st Generation
12 (37.5%)
2nd Generation
5 (15.6%)
3rd Generation
15 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 30

CMan

1st Gen (Yes, I know there were styling and mechanical changes from '64 through '65, '66 and '67.)

2nd Gen

3rd Gen
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

SVT666

93JC

zOMG where's the '74?!?!?!?!

CMan

Critics dubbed it "a Chevy Nova in drag." It was a $195 option package on a Ventura.
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

93JC

So? '64-'73 was a Tempest/Le Mans.

Tave

I got my car towed the other day and the owner of the tow company had his 2nd gen 'vert inside the garage. Seeing that calmed me down a lot. I couldn't blow-up on someone who had such a cool car.

I voted 2nd, but to be honest, I like them all. I could've voted for any of them and been happy with my choice.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Ideally, I'd like a '66 convertible, but realistically, I'd probably take an '05. 
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raghavan

The Pirate

Gen 1 or 3 please.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Payman

I'll take "The Judge".

280Z Turbo

I'll have my goat with an LS2 and six speed please.

BTW, what gen is this?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 93JC on May 16, 2007, 11:40:33 AM
So? '64-'73 was a Tempest/Le Mans.

No, '64 was an option package on the Tempest: The Tempest GTO. In '65 and on it was sold as its own model: although it still shared most of the same parts with the Tempest/Lemans.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sandertheshark

The original.  Because I'd rather have an Olds 442 W-30 than a '70 or '71 Judge, and there's a whole bunch of new cars I'd rather have than a new Monaro, but there is not one car from the mid-sixties I'd rather have than a '66 GTO.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SaltyDog

3rd gen.  Come on guys, we actually drive our cars.  Not park them in a garage and look at them. 

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT666

Quote from: SaltyDog on May 17, 2007, 12:50:15 PM
3rd gen.? Come on guys, we actually drive our cars.? Not park them in a garage and look at them.?
I'd be driving a classic musclecar to work every day it was sunny if I had one.

Champ

My roomates dad has a '67 GTO high output, completely stripped and built back up stock (radio too!), and painted "Plum Mist" purple.

He let's us drive it in car cruises and take it out on the town every once and a while.... so much fun!  Nice and loud, the engine sounds sooooo nice. :D

It's an auto, and the car just wants to go it's funny.  When you shift into 'D' you better hope you have your foot planted on the brake or it'll start movin.

93JC

SaltyDog

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 17, 2007, 01:16:00 PM
I'd be driving a classic musclecar to work every day it was sunny if I had one.

But it won't handle as well or accelerate as fast :huh:

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

goldenlover1101

Most recent one for me. I love it, great engine and a sleeper! I also personally really like the looks of it. The first gen is awesome but I love the newest one!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Soup DeVille

3rd gen.? Come on guys, we actually drive our cars.? Not park them in a garage and look at them.?

I've had several early to late '70s cars, and they were all daily drivers.

I think you're perhaps making an invalid assumption when you think people want classic cars  for nothing but garage trophies or show and shines.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

traumadog

I'd chime in, but I'd think it's obvious.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a '67 'vert.
My Cardomain pages...
My 2004 VY/VZ Conversion (1 of < 889...)
My 1981 Eldorado Diesel <-- slower, but smokier
The wife's 2002 Trailblazer EXT

omicron

etypeJohn

Just because its an older collectable doesn't mean it won't be driven.

Tave

Quote from: etypeJohn on May 18, 2007, 01:57:42 PM
Just because its an older collectable doesn't mean it won't be driven.

The 69 SS I mentioned in the Camaro thread was driven every day by my friend in highschool. Every day, that is, there wasn't snow.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.