New NSX mule caught.

Started by 565, May 22, 2007, 11:49:47 AM

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/category/cat.Home

scroll down to the middle

As we expected, the 2009 Acura NSX test mule spotted in a garage just outside the Nurburgring eventually made its way onto to the test track. Seeing the car out in the open reveals just how different this prototype is from the S2000 shell it's based on. The wheelbase has clearly been stretched out with the driver sitting almost dead center in the chassis. The width doesn't appear to have changed much, but the wheels and tires are definitely bigger than anything seen on an S2000. And you can disregard all of this sheetmetal by the way as we've heard this car is getting a full redesign after a cool reaction to the Sports Car Concept shown in Detroit.

Tave

I almost had a heart attack untill I read the last sentence. Don't toy with my emotions like that  :evildude:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raghavan

Please don't make it look anything like that snoozefest concept.
And that S2000 body makes it look wierd.

Quote from: Raghavan on May 22, 2007, 12:14:28 PM

I'm beyond disappointed with the loss of the rear-mid engined layout for a front mid-engined one.? The MR layout of the old NSX was what made it special amongst japanese sports cars.? This new NSX looks like a shameless ripoff of the Lexus LF-A supercar.? ?Front engined, 500HPNA? V10,? ?hell even those vertically stacked exhaust pipes look like they are from the Lexus IS-F.? Where's it originality?

nickdrinkwater

Minpin

I didn't bother to read the article but that looks exactly like an S2k. Not that there's anything wrong with that...if it were an s2k and not an NSX.  :banghead:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Minpin on May 22, 2007, 08:13:06 PM
I didn't bother to read the article but that looks exactly like an S2k. Not that there's anything wrong with that...if it were an s2k and not an NSX.  :banghead:

Was that an attempt at sarcasm or did you really not read the article?

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raghavan on May 22, 2007, 12:14:28 PM

The S2000 body is just there to hide everything underneath.  Can't you read?

"And you can disregard all of this sheetmetal by the way as we've heard this car is getting a full redesign after a cool reaction to the Sports Car Concept shown in Detroit."

goldenlover1101

:clap: :clap: Thanks god! I was not fond of the concept at all! It was so boring compared to the Lexus (OMG did I really just say that) and Nissan! Here is to hoping they come to their senses about the engine layout too!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

ChrisV

That's because it IS stretched and modded S2k bodywork to disguise the NSX chassis.

Why do people not take the time to read a few sentences, but take the time to post idiotic responses?
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on May 23, 2007, 08:04:00 AM
That's because it IS stretched and modded S2k bodywork to disguise the NSX chassis.

Why do people not take the time to read a few sentences, but take the time to post idiotic responses?
There were words? :lol:

Raza

Looks like it could be front engined or mid-engined.  Can't tell.  However, if that gas cap is really the gas cap, it's front engined.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

They need to make it like the old one. Light, mid-engined, and telepathic.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: ChrisV on May 23, 2007, 08:04:00 AM

I knew that just by looking at it. It's pretty common for car companies to slip some random bodywork over test mules.

Raghavan

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 22, 2007, 08:20:55 PM
The S2000 body is just there to hide everything underneath.? Can't you read?

"And you can disregard all of this sheetmetal by the way as we've heard this car is getting a full redesign after a cool reaction to the Sports Car Concept shown in Detroit."

I'm not that stupid, dumbass.
I'm just saying it looks strange being stretched so much. :huh:
Do you really think i'm that stupid to think that Honda would release an NSX with an awkward, stretched S2000 body? :banghead:

sportyaccordy

They should make a RWD supercoupe... AND a MR supercoupe. Fuck it!!! Honda's got the money, do both! (Just not on the same car.)

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raghavan on May 23, 2007, 12:30:16 PM
I'm not that stupid, dumbass.
I'm just saying it looks strange being stretched so much. :huh:
Do you really think i'm that stupid to think that Honda would release an NSX with an awkward, stretched S2000 body? :banghead:

Judging by what you've said and what other people have said in response to the original post...yes, I really do think that.

Raghavan

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 23, 2007, 02:11:31 PM
Judging by what you've said and what other people have said in response to the original post...yes, I really do think that.
Well, I clearly said, "Please don't make it look anything like that snoozefest concept."
See, that means that i know it won't look like an S2000!

Tave

Quote from: Raghavan on May 23, 2007, 05:03:49 PM
Well, I clearly said, "Please don't make it look anything like that snoozefest concept."
See, that means that i know it won't look like an S2000!

No it doesn't. It means that you think it possibly will and you're begging Honda not to do it.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Onslaught

Looks like a LHD test car. I would think they would be driving a RHD.

Raghavan

Quote from: Tave on May 23, 2007, 05:28:45 PM
No it doesn't. It means that you think it possibly will and you're begging Honda not to do it.
Wow, you're the one who can't read. :rolleyes:
My first post said "Please don't make it look anything like that snoozefest concept."
THE S2000 IS NOT A CONCEPT!!!!

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TheIntrepid

I think THIS is the post that you guys are calling him stupid for, and it was MINPIN, not Raghu!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Secret Chimp

Everybody in this thread go back to high school, christ on a bike...

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 23, 2007, 08:43:03 PM
Everybody in this thread go back to high school, christ on a bike...

Most of this thread is still in high school.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

Quote from: Raza on May 23, 2007, 09:20:46 PM
Most of this thread is still in high school.

I feel old.

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 23, 2007, 08:30:34 PM
REALLY?! OMG I NEVER KNEW!
YEAH APPARENTLY SO DIDN'T TAVE AND GIANTMTB!!!11!

Tave

Actually I quoted a different line entirely, but thanks for playing  :ohyeah:

Raghavan

Quote from: Tave on May 23, 2007, 10:52:45 PM
Actually I quoted a different line entirely, but thanks for playing  :ohyeah:
I"m right, and you're wrong, so go away Mr. Mohawk. :nono:

Tave

Sadly the hawk got chopped :(