0 (0%)
1 (2.8%)
1 (2.8%)
2 (5.6%)
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

SVT666

Quote from: etypeJohn on May 16, 2007, 06:08:47 AM
They look better in the flesh than in pictures.
I disagree, but it's not as ugly as people want to believe.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: omicron on May 13, 2007, 01:07:23 PM
I like '64.2, myself.

:evildude:

Interesting to see the decline of the Mustang from the 70s to the late 90s.

hounddog

I may be the lone wolf here, but my favorite Mustang body style was the 94-98.  In my personal opinion, it had the best lines.  Curvey and sexy, especially in the Cobra convertible package.  I still have a 96, but Randy is buying it for his soon to be wife as a present.  What one was your favorite?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

chevyguy06

Quick question....why didn't you post this in the Mustang thread?
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

hounddog

Quote from: chevyguy06 on May 22, 2007, 05:39:16 PM
Quick question....why didn't you post this in the Mustang thread?
There is a Mustang thread?  I posted here because this forum area is "then and now" and I thought this was the most appropriate place.  I may have been wrong!! 

But answer the darned question-  What is you favorite one?  :lol:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

280Z Turbo

I like that one too. Modern styling that still looks like a Mustang.

I don't care for the newest Mustang. It's too boxy. It's like it's trying too hard to look old. It reminds me of a Mustang II.

chevyguy06

Quote from: hounddog on May 22, 2007, 06:31:46 PM
There is a Mustang thread? I posted here because this forum area is "then and now" and I thought this was the most appropriate place. I may have been wrong!!

But answer the darned question- What is you favorite one? :lol:

There's a Then vs. Now Mustang thread, yes.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

hounddog

Quote from: chevyguy06 on May 22, 2007, 08:15:35 PM
There's a Then vs. Now Mustang thread, yes.
I missed it.  Let the forum gods move this then!
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on May 22, 2007, 05:06:31 PM
I may be the lone wolf here, but my favorite Mustang body style was the 94-98.? In my personal opinion, it had the best lines.? Curvey and sexy, especially in the Cobra convertible package.? I still have a 96, but Randy is buying it for his soon to be wife as a present.? What one was your favorite?
I love that body style.  I had a '96 GTS that I modded to nearly 400 hp.  If I could actually find one with low mileage I would get one again.  Unfortunately they all have 120 K or more.  It sucks.  The hood on the Cobra is so badass.

Nethead

Quote from: Tave on May 13, 2007, 01:05:46 PM
What about '64-1/2?
Tave:  TaveDude, the '64-1/2 Mustang was the very first production Mustang, of course, which will always make it special for that reason alone.  Why is it not one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
A.  It had the Thunderbird roofline instead of the '65s much-more-aerodynamic and much-better-looking fastback roofline
B.  It had a nasty chromed POS banana on the "C" scoops on each side
C.  The max engine available was a fairly mild four-barreled, hydraulic-liftered 260 V8, whereas the '65 offered a four-barreled, solid-liftered 289 V8--which Shelby upped to 306 HP in the street G.T. 350s and upped to 350 HP in the G.T. 350Rs,  which required four two-barreled Weber carbs as on the Ford GT.  In fact, the G.T. 350R may have had the identical engine as the Ford GT except for the exhaust headers.
So many stairs...so little time...

Raza

I saw a Mustang II in the flesh the other day.  It ain't pretty.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CJ

I think the previous generation Mustangs look the best as a convertible and in Rousch form.  Talk about a head turner!  Either that or a previous generation Mustang convertible with the mag wheels and in the grey/green color.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9259.msg472507#msg472507 date=1181250313
I saw a Mustang II in the flesh the other day.? It ain't pretty.

I keep seeing the same one driving around on my streets here. It looks like it needs new rear springs, and sounds like it needs new mufflers. I think I need to race them for pinks, take their car, and sell it to some poor sap on E-bay.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ChrisV

'70 for me (I've had 3 of them, including a BOSS302). Same basic body as the '69, but with single headlights, and a flat taillight section.

After that it's the 2005, then the '75 Mustang II. Yes, I love those lightweight V8 powered cars. I'll take one just like this:

Or build a convertible like this:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Tave

Quote from: Nethead on June 07, 2007, 02:34:53 PM
C.? The max engine available was a fairly mild four-barreled, hydraulic-liftered 260 V8, whereas the '65 offered a four-barreled, solid-liftered 289 V8--which Shelby upped to 306 HP in the street G.T. 350s and upped to 350 HP in the G.T. 350Rs,? which required four two-barreled Weber carbs as on the Ford GT.? In fact, the G.T. 350R may have had the identical engine as the Ford GT except for the exhaust headers.

A few years ago some dude was selling his '66 on a GM lot in my hometown. It had the 289, a new blue paint job, and a new, matching blue interior. He obviously spent some serious dough on the thing, and it was just stunning. If I'd of had my shit together and saved some money I could have been driving that thing around Phoenix; his asking price was very reasonable.

But instead I was spending like a madman and my dreams of owning a '64-'66 went down the shitter. C'est la vie.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on June 07, 2007, 03:05:13 PM
I saw a Mustang II in the flesh the other day. 

My condolences.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Tave

Chris, I was in Salida, CO last week and saw a dude with a rusty number II. He also had a beautiful '40s Chevy, so maybe he plans on fixin 'er up.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.