New Mustangs...

Started by SVT666, May 25, 2007, 08:39:01 AM

Which Ford built version of the current Mustang is your favourite?

3 (16.7%)
5 (27.8%)
2 (11.1%)
1 (5.6%)
1 (5.6%)
3 (16.7%)
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

SVT666

I love the GT500KR.  That's the one for me.

omicron

GT/CS. The essence of Mustang.

chevyguy06

California Special for me.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

omicron

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

You didn't include the Shelby GT. 

This is a tough one.  I like the GT500 and the KR.  I'd love a Mustang GT with spoiler delete, though. 

As long as it has a V8 and a stick, it should be great.  But I think the Mustang GT is the best canvas on which to build my masterpiece.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

chevyguy06

Isn't the red and white one the GT500?
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9297.msg459338#msg459338 date=1180110611
You didn't include the Shelby GT.?
You're right.  I cna't believe I forgot it since it's my second favourite Mustang built by Ford.

Raza

Quote from: chevyguy06 on May 25, 2007, 10:35:00 AM
Isn't the red and white one the GT500?

Yes....

:confused:

He posted a Shelby GT-H, which is automatic only.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 25, 2007, 10:37:17 AM
You're right.  I cna't believe I forgot it since it's my second favourite Mustang built by Ford.

Especially coming from you, that's a huge oversight!

If we're talking about which one I would buy as a complete car, I think the SGT is the one I would go with. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9297.msg459338#msg459338 date=1180110611
As long as it has a V8 and a stick, it should be great.? But I think the Mustang GT is the best canvas on which to build my masterpiece.
I would take the Mustang GT too for a starting point to my own creation, but if I was just going to buy a Mustang and never modify it, then I would get the KR.

850CSi

... Waiting for the Boss.

omicron

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 25, 2007, 10:38:45 AM
I would take the Mustang GT too for a starting point to my own creation, but if I was just going to buy a Mustang and never modify it, then I would get the KR.

Well, you and I differ on power, so I understand why you'd take the KR.  I think I would buy a GT500 myself just for the badass and shits-and-giggles factor as well (as considering how much you get for 40 grand and how habitable the interior is now, it makes entry-luxury cars look a little silly), but I just don't need that kind of power.  I have a very fast car right now, and it's not easy to use that kind of power, and it's not easy to resist that temptation to use it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9297.msg459391#msg459391 date=1180112061
Well, you and I differ on power, so I understand why you'd take the KR.? I think I would buy a GT500 myself just for the badass and shits-and-giggles factor as well (as considering how much you get for 40 grand and how habitable the interior is now, it makes entry-luxury cars look a little silly), but I just don't need that kind of power.? I have a very fast car right now, and it's not easy to use that kind of power, and it's not easy to resist that temptation to use it.
Your car also weighs half as much as a GT500 :lol:

Even if I got a KR with 540 hp I think I would still have the need to swap a smaller pulley on the supercharger and change the computer programming for 600+ hp.  It would be way too cheap to do...not to do it. :rockon:

I picked the V6 Mustang.  All the other Mustangs are at price ranges that put it into competition with other cars I'd rather have.  90% of the Mustangs I see on the road are V6's anyway, so I guess I'll be in good company.

Tave

I can't tell them apart. Is that wrong?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

footoflead

Quote from: 565 on May 25, 2007, 11:33:45 AM
I picked the V6 Mustang.  All the other Mustangs are at price ranges that put it into competition with other cars I'd rather have.  90% of the Mustangs I see on the road are V6's anyway, so I guess I'll be in good company.
My dad and i both drive 6 bangers now.

Though if i really had my choice, it would have been a V8, although i must say this six banger is a blast to drive despite its, sometimes lack of motivation  :tounge:
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

nickdrinkwater

By choice, none of them.  If I was forced, then the yellow one.

SVT666

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 25, 2007, 02:55:59 PM
By choice, none of them.? If I was forced, then the yellow one.
Sacrilege!!!  You want one and you know it.  You just can't let everyone know that you would drive a crude and rude American badass........

..........or you really just don't like it.  I don't see that as being possible though, so it must be the first thing I said.

280Z Turbo

Whatever one is the fastest. :huh:

I don't really care too much. A Mustang is just a Mustang. The Mustang seems to have more "special editions" than even the Chevy Monte Carlo had!

SVT666

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on May 25, 2007, 03:12:46 PM
Whatever one is the fastest. :huh:

I don't really care too much. A Mustang is just a Mustang. The Mustang seems to have more "special editions" than even the Chevy Monte Carlo had!
The Mustang has always had more special editions then any other car.  The Mustang has always had the most tuners and aftermarket support too, so what's your point?

280Z Turbo

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 25, 2007, 03:15:25 PM
The Mustang has always had more special editions then any other car. The Mustang has always had the most tuners and aftermarket support too, so what's your point?

If it was a good car to begin with...

Oh never mind. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on May 25, 2007, 03:20:55 PM
If it was a good car to begin with...

Oh never mind. :lol:
Special editions offer varying degrees of performance, power, and looks for anyone to chose from.  There is a Mustang for everyone who wants one.  That's the beauty of the Stang.

Onslaught

Regular GT for me. I can take the extra money and make it look better and probably run better than most of the others.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 25, 2007, 03:10:56 PM
Sacrilege!!!  You want one and you know it.  You just can't let everyone know that you would drive a crude and rude American badass........

..........or you really just don't like it.  I don't see that as being possible though, so it must be the first thing I said.

It's not the crudeness!  I'm just not a fan of the looks.  I love the classic Mustangs though.

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

JYODER240

Give me one with IRS, and with handling being its number 1 priority.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

hounddog

No GT500 convertible?  Are you communist?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.