Which 90's Japanese Sports car?

2 (6.5%)
8 (25.8%)
2 (6.5%)
0 (0%)
19 (61.3%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Actually on second thought I prefer this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-RX-7-NO-RESERVE-ONE-OWNER-LOW-MILES-HIGH-PERFORMANCE_W0QQitemZ330127451597QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6327QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

25000 original miles, 1 owner, all stock. 

Damn searching for nice mint RX7's is like a nervous tick of mine.  I was looking to buy a RX7 in the past and the deal always felt through.  Maybe somewhere in subconcious I still feel compelled to buy one. 

18K buy it now..... so tempted...

Tave

There were a couple Supra turbos @ Scottsdale when I was going there. One of them was black with a revised front fascia. It was opened up to (presumably) supply more air to the engine and give a fantastic view of the MASSIVE Greddy intercooler sitting against the bumber. It looked fierce.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Supras are gigantic clunky hunks of junk.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Quote from: NACar on May 31, 2007, 08:45:38 AM
Supras are gigantic clunky hunks of junk.

Every once in a while people need to be reminded of how well the Supra actually handled.  Here was a post I made on another forum concerning the question.

"Everyone who says the Supra is a muscle car that can't handle is a victim of difting perceptions over time.  If anything, the handling ability of the Supra is completely underated.

When the MKIV Supra came out, it was regarded as either the best handling non super car or tied with the RX7.

The certainly doesn't lose on numbers to the RX7.

And doesn't lose subjectively either

Look at that stopping distance, 109 feet, with a .98 skidpad and fast slalom than the nimble RX-7.

Here the reviewer says that the Supra combines the best aspects of the RX-7 and the 300ZX

Alot of people forget how impressive the Supra was in its day, here is an example of it dusting off a ZR-1 and Porsche 911  in every performance category

But while the RX-7's reputation grew over time to one of being a hardcore handler, the Supra's reputation became that of poor handling pig with only big power to save it.  The Supra is a victim of people just going along with generally accepted preceptions without going to the truth at the source.

The truth is that the Supra pulled the same G's on the skidpad and stopping distances as C5 Z06, despite being almost 10 years older and 300 pounds heavier, on less aggressive, narrower tires. 

In a 1998 Motortrend comparison that included the C5 and the Supra, the Supra dusted off the C5 Corvette with ease around the race track.  The Supra also beat the NSX in lap times."

Onslaught

Quote from: 565 on May 31, 2007, 08:17:16 AM
Actually on second thought I prefer this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-RX-7-NO-RESERVE-ONE-OWNER-LOW-MILES-HIGH-PERFORMANCE_W0QQitemZ330127451597QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6327QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

25000 original miles, 1 owner, all stock.?

Damn searching for nice mint RX7's is like a nervous tick of mine.? I was looking to buy a RX7 in the past and the deal always felt through.? Maybe somewhere in subconcious I still feel compelled to buy one.?

18K buy it now..... so tempted...
I look for one everyday. Occasionally you can find a near perfect one but they go for $24K and up. That's a bunch of cash for a 12+ year old car that parts are starting to get more difficult to find.

Zcarnut

Any reason why the 91-95 MR2 turbo didnt make this list,but that goofy Subaru did?
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

Quote from: Zcarnut on May 31, 2007, 04:02:07 PM
Any reason why the 91-95 MR2 turbo didnt make this list,but that goofy Subaru did?

Hey Zcarnut, long time no see.  Yeah the MR2 turbo belongs more.  I simply forgot about it  :banghead:.   I did a mental checkoff of each Japanese make, and forgot that at the time Toyota actually had two excellent sports cars.  It seems ironic that the Japanese with two amazing performance cars in the 90's would be so utterly devoid of driving excitement today.

Zcarnut

Yeah..I didnt give up on Toyotas,they gave up on me.
Used to own a 92' MR2 Turbo.Great car!
Dont forget about the Celica AllTrac Turbo too!
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

LonghornTX

Quote from: 565 on May 31, 2007, 08:59:16 AM
Every once in a while people need to be reminded of how well the Supra actually handled.  Here was a post I made on another forum concerning the question.

"Everyone who says the Supra is a muscle car that can't handle is a victim of difting perceptions over time.  If anything, the handling ability of the Supra is completely underated.

When the MKIV Supra came out, it was regarded as either the best handling non super car or tied with the RX7.

The certainly doesn't lose on numbers to the RX7.

And doesn't lose subjectively either

Look at that stopping distance, 109 feet, with a .98 skidpad and fast slalom than the nimble RX-7.

Here the reviewer says that the Supra combines the best aspects of the RX-7 and the 300ZX

Alot of people forget how impressive the Supra was in its day, here is an example of it dusting off a ZR-1 and Porsche 911  in every performance category

But while the RX-7's reputation grew over time to one of being a hardcore handler, the Supra's reputation became that of poor handling pig with only big power to save it.  The Supra is a victim of people just going along with generally accepted preceptions without going to the truth at the source.

The truth is that the Supra pulled the same G's on the skidpad and stopping distances as C5 Z06, despite being almost 10 years older and 300 pounds heavier, on less aggressive, narrower tires. 

In a 1998 Motortrend comparison that included the C5 and the Supra, the Supra dusted off the C5 Corvette with ease around the race track.  The Supra also beat the NSX in lap times."
Great post, thanks for the info  :ohyeah:
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Raza

That looks so good I want to buy one right now.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.