911 GT3 or DB9?

Started by TheIntrepid, May 28, 2007, 02:22:24 PM

Which do you prefer?

11 (50%)
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 19

TheIntrepid

In the car on the way home today, Maksx and I were debating, which is an overall better car? The GT3 is clearly a more involved driver's car, but the DB9 is more than capable and damn gorgeous. Which would you prefer?

DB9 for me btw.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Not a fair comparison since the GT3 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster.  I pick the DB9. :rockon:  I can't help it.  It's gorgeous.

goldenlover1101

I love the GT3 but I had to pick the DB9. It is absolutely one of the most beautiful cars ever IMO and is more than enough car for me. Unless I am going to the track more than driving around town, it is a more suitable car. Toughest choice yet though!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Onslaught

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on May 28, 2007, 04:26:37 PM
I love the GT3 but I had to pick the DB9. It is absolutely one of the most beautiful cars ever IMO and is more than enough car for me. Unless I am going to the track more than driving around town, it is a more suitable car. Toughest choice yet though!
+1

Raghavan

911. It's the driver's car.

Raza

GT3 was named the best handling car by MT.  The DB9 wasn't even in consideration.

And it's not so devastatingly gorgeous, either.  Attractive, yes, but don't be so dramatic.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ro51092

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Tave

Aston Martin is the Aphrodite of car designs right now. DB9 for me.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

S204STi

Man...that's like asking if you like sex,...or sex.

JYODER240

I'm an enthusiast; I only see one choice here.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ro51092

Raghavan

DB9.  I remember one the first and only time seeing one on the streets, the car simply oozes class and elegance.  No doubt the GT3 is the better driver car, but I just can't say no to the Aston Martin.

SVT_Power

GT3. I'm not a big fan of the aston martin styling
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Minpin

DB9. My choice was influenced by me seeing one up close on sunday. Some guy next to our boat has one apparently. In that same color as the one in the pic trep posted.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

JYODER240

I'm surprised so many of you guys are voted for these cars based solely on looks. The DB9 hasn't even done that well in most comparison tests and Aston Martins are known to have relieability issues. Don't get me wrong the DB9 oozes elegance and class but I much rather have the quicker, more fun, and more relieble car.

The Pirate

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 28, 2007, 07:55:30 PM
I'm surprised so many of you guys are voted for these cars based solely on looks. The DB9 hasn't even done that well in most comparison tests and Aston Martins are known to have relieability issues. Don't get me wrong the DB9 oozes elegance and class but I much rather have the quicker, more fun, and more relieble car.

Yeah, but you can get out of an Aston, speak in a British accent, and order your martini shaken, not stirred.  Do that in the Porsche, and people will just give you odd looks.

:lol:

I'm sure the GT3 is a much better car, but I'd never be able to drive it at 10/10ths on the street.  So, I'll take the looker, itself not an incapable car.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT_Power

Quote from: The Pirate on May 28, 2007, 08:09:03 PM

Yeah, but you can get out of an Aston, speak in a British accent, and order your martini shaken, not stirred.  Do that in the Porsche, and people will just give you odd looks.

I'm sure the GT3 is a much better car, but I'd never be able to drive it at 10/10ths on the street.  So, I'll take the looker, itself not an incapable car.

Can you drive it at 10/10th on a track?  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

JYODER240

Quote from: The Pirate on May 28, 2007, 08:09:03 PM

Yeah, but you can get out of an Aston, speak in a British accent, and order your martini shaken, not stirred.? Do that in the Porsche, and people will just give you odd looks.

I'm sure the GT3 is a much better car, but I'd never be able to drive it at 10/10ths on the street.? So, I'll take the looker, itself not an incapable car.

GT3 at 7/10ths could quite possibly be better than the DB9 at 10/10ths. Plus you can always take it to the track.

The Pirate

Quote from: M_power on May 28, 2007, 08:10:53 PM

Yeah, but in my mind, that kind of defeats the purpose of owning a street legal car.  I want to put the windows down and cruise a backroad, not pretend that I'm a race car driver.  In this case, I'd prefer the less harder edged car.

Minpin

Quote from: M_power on May 28, 2007, 08:10:53 PM

How often can you go to a track though, really. I'd say at most once or twice on the weekends while driving it only a couple of hours each time. Now how many hours can you DD an Aston? Every single one of them.  :lol:

Raza

You can DD a GT3.  They have aircon now.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

The Pirate

Quote from: Minpin on May 28, 2007, 08:14:25 PM
How often can you go to a track though, really. I'd say at most once or twice on the weekends while driving it only a couple of hours each time. Now how many hours can you DD an Aston? Every single one of them.  :lol:

:praise:

I like the way this guy thinks.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Minpin on May 28, 2007, 08:14:25 PM

If you have the money to have a GT3 as a fun car? It's probably more matter of getting the time if you can afford something like a GT3.

JYODER240

There is probably no single car I lust after more than the GT3.

This video says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXpnnjlwj7A

Minpin

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 28, 2007, 08:19:37 PM

This video says it all:

Don't get me wrong here, I love the GT3 and would kill to drive one at some point. But between these two as far as DD, chick magnet, looks, and speed. I really prefer the Aston.

edit: after I re-read it it kinda sounded like I was saying the Aston is faster. What I meant is that it's fast enough for ME.

Minpin

SVT_Power

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 28, 2007, 08:19:37 PM

This video says it all:

I'd call that powersliding more than drifting imo.

Raza

People on this board that can't handle a GT3 as a daily driver but think thata DB9 would be great either are on the wrong board, or don't know anything about the GT3.  This is not an RS.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i