EVO vs STI vs GT-R (all generations included)

Started by 565, May 28, 2007, 07:56:40 PM

Which turbocharged AWD japanese monster will you take?

14 (70%)
5 (25%)
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Haha I found the image that Rag has.  So which AWD turboed car would you take?

JYODER240

They're all ugly. I'll admit that I don't know much about either so I'll pick the GT-R since its the most rare around here.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

GT-R for me.  Out of those, it probably has the most robust engine, transmission, and differentials.  The engine note is pure sexy as well.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

I usually say "the devil you know beats the devil you don't" but the Skyline has such a mystique around it, I have to go for it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raghavan

Evo. Best looking (X excluded), and lightest (once again, X excluded).

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raghavan on May 28, 2007, 08:06:15 PM
Evo. Best looking (X excluded), and lightest (once again, X excluded).

R32 GTR - 3,262 lbs

Evo VIII MR - 3,285 lbs
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

Which one do you think I'd pick?

Well, you're wrong.  I'd get the LHD conversion kit and pick up an R34 Z-Tune. 

The Version 6 STi is a very close second, though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Screw the LHD conversion.  Learn to shift with you left hand!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on May 28, 2007, 09:00:31 PM
Screw the LHD conversion.  Learn to shift with you left hand!

Why?  With some 240SX and 300ZX parts and a conversion kit, I would no longer have to drive the world's fastest mail car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on May 28, 2007, 09:12:17 PM
Why?  With some 240SX and 300ZX parts and a conversion kit, I would no longer have to drive the world's fastest mail car.

Yeah, but think about all the looks you'd get getting into the wrong side of the car!  I'd love that confused look on people's faces.

Man, when Bryan comes back, I'm going to get him to source a Skyline for me.  Or buy one of his. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9366.msg463103#msg463103 date=1180407631
Screw the LHD conversion.? Learn to shift with you left hand!

Good luck passing someone!

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 28, 2007, 09:35:41 PM

You've never changed lanes to the right?  You just check your blind spot.

Left turns in traffic would be a pain, though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9366.msg463199#msg463199 date=1180409853
You've never changed lanes to the right?? You just check your blind spot.

Left turns in traffic would be a pain, though.

I mean on a two lane road. You'd never see oncoming traffic.

Raghavan

Quote from: M_power on May 28, 2007, 08:08:20 PM
R32 GTR - 3,262 lbs

Evo VIII MR - 3,285 lbs
Compare model years to model years. The Evo out during the same time as the R32 was lighter, and the R34 is a lot heavier than the Evo.

goldenlover1101

Evo, I love that car! I don't know enough about the sk yline to pick that, and I love the STi but the Evo more!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

heelntoe

i voted for the skyline. all wheel drive, four wheel steering :rockon:
i also heard that there was a four door GT-R a while back.  now that would be awesome.
@heelntoe

heelntoe

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 28, 2007, 09:35:41 PM
it's not as hard as people make it out to be. i've been in an LHD corolla and passing on two lane roads was not that hard. the driver said it took some time to get used to.
@heelntoe

heelntoe

Quote from: Raza  on May 28, 2007, 09:34:38 PM

Yeah, but think about all the looks you'd get getting into the wrong side of the car!  I'd love that confused look on people's faces.

Man, when Bryan comes back, I'm going to get him to source a Skyline for me.  Or buy one of his. 
who is this bryan you speak of? surely it couldn't be the same one from the fast and the furious?
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 28, 2007, 09:39:50 PM

That's a really good point!

Quote from: heelntoe on May 29, 2007, 03:43:09 AM
who is this bryan you speak of? surely it couldn't be the same one from the fast and the furious?

R33-GTR.

heelntoe

@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Quote from: heelntoe on May 29, 2007, 06:26:01 AM
he really had an R33?

Two, if I'm not mistaken.

However with him being gone so long, I believe it's an "IF he comes back", instead of "when". :( Sad, really. Same with Jadewolf. He's been gone 7 months. Gasoline's been gone a while too.

heelntoe

it's relatively easy to get a sykline(or anyother car) into canada than it is to get it into the US if the car is older than 15/20 years.
can you just drive anycar across the border from cnada?
@heelntoe

Tave

GT-R, but my practical choice would be the Sube in base trim (not STi). I could never bring myself to take the nissan on a dirt road, and that's what's so appealing about the WRX and EVO.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 28, 2007, 09:39:50 PM

Oh.  I don't live on a farm, so those roads are few and far between.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

As much of a Scoobyphile as I am, the Skyline makes the other two cars here look ridiculous.  Skyline for me.

omicron

giant_mtb

Realistically, I'd choose the STI, but if someone was saying "here, pick one of these three, and you can have it for free", I'd go with the GT-R...so that's what I picked.