Ferrari F430 CS.

Started by 565, May 30, 2007, 07:32:46 AM

from http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?DID=RSS&n=178&sid=178&article=12290

"Here are latest photos of the upcoming Ferrari F 430 Challenge Stradale. They were taken in the south of Europe during off-road testing on a remote gravel road in the countryside. The two super sports cars were taken to the extreme in this long-term test in the dust.

The sports car is Ferrari's answer to Porsche's RS-models, and both of them use almost the same recipe. While Porsche makes the RS models lighter but keep the same horsepower as the base GT3, Ferrari gives the CS not just a lighter body but also some more power.

The standard F430 delivers 490 bhp and the Stradale is believed to have at least 520 bhp and to weigh about 220 pounds less. The biggest visible changes are the exhaust pipes that are moved up a bit. Due to safety regulations around the world, the door windows are not made of plastic anymore like on the 360 CS and the wheels have five normal bolts instead of one center bolt like on the Challenge cars.

The inside of the doors is completely made of carbon to keep the weight down. Another lightweight trick is magnesium sport wheels and the carbon grille in the back that also helps to better cool the engine. It looks like the brakes are upgraded with bigger discs, the soft Pirelli PZero give the car enormous grip, and the interior is completed with deep sport seats."

and from Edmunds.

"We've seen the Ferrari F430 Challenge Stradale before, but never in these conditions. Caught testing on a dirt road somewhere in southern Europe, these prototypes were getting subjected to the worst possible conditions to see just how much they could take. Cosmetic changes are limited to a relocated exhaust, different wheels and tires and a slightly revised front fascia. Earlier photos showed a stripped down interior which should help shave weight while the engine is expected to get a slight bump in horsepower."

And here are the older pics from Edmunds of a less distinctly styled prototype last year.

S204STi

[borat ]Very Niiiice![ /borat] :ohyeah:

JYODER240

If it sounds as good as the 360 CS it's worth the money.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

sportyaccordy

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 30, 2007, 12:26:47 PM
If it sounds as good as the 360 CS it's worth the money.

I'm not sure this can match the original's appeal (the 360CS is my favorite car of all time)... it should be good though

Here's what I find ironic.  The F430 Challenge had it's exhaust tips moved farther up the bumper so that in its single make series, other F430's running into the backend wouldn't ruin the exhaust system.  But this CS is a road car, so in keeping the higher bumper exhausts, they are in perfect position to be hit and ruined by normal ride height SUV's and cars.  It looks like a simple tap on the rear bumper might cause some serious damage to the exhaust.

goldenlover1101

I love it! Absolutely gorgeous. Ill take it in black please.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

TheIntrepid

I have a sudden craving for a white Ferrari.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FordSVT

If I had to "settle" for one sports car for the rest of my life, cost no object, this would probably be the one. In red with a tan interior of course. Simply wicked.

I also think the 460 is currently the best looking Ferrari at the moment.

Raza

Quote from: FordSVT on June 03, 2007, 07:24:20 AM

That's a very sad statement.  Probably true.  Which makes it even more sad.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

575 Superamerica is the best looking Ferrari. :nono:

FordSVT

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9391.msg468283#msg468283 date=1180881825
That's a very sad statement.? Probably true.? Which makes it even more sad.

Good thing opinions are like assholes, eh?
-FordSVT-

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on June 03, 2007, 08:44:36 AM
575 Superamerica is the best looking Ferrari. :nono:

They don't make that anymore.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

SVT_Power

Quote from: FordSVT on June 03, 2007, 07:24:20 AM
If I had to "settle" for one sports car for the rest of my life, cost no object, this would probably be the one. In red with a tan interior of course. Simply wicked.

What's a 460?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

FordSVT

Quote from: M_power on June 03, 2007, 02:06:08 PM
What's a 460?

Sorry, the 6 is above the 3, just a typo.
-FordSVT-

SVT_Power

Quote from: FordSVT on June 03, 2007, 06:12:55 PM
Sorry, the 6 is above the 3, just a typo.
-FordSVT-

I thought I didn't know about a new model  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

280Z Turbo

Quote from: M_power on June 03, 2007, 06:17:04 PM
I thought I didn't know about a new model :lol:

Me too. :lol:

I can't say I've ever been a big Ferrari fan. I'm more interested in attainable cars, I guess. :huh:

Raghavan

Even though I like Ferraris, there always seems to me to be something else i'd rather have for the money (or cheaper in most cases).

ro51092

Most of you will probably think I'm a retard, but I'd take a 911 GT3.

Raghavan

Quote from: ro51092 on June 03, 2007, 09:07:08 PM
I'd take a GT3 over a F430 CS, but not over a Noble M400.

goldenlover1101

I love Ferraris, they are gorgeous, fast, and awesome. But, if it were my money, there are a lot less expensive cars I would buy for the same money. So, assuming this car is $220,545 (Base Price of 185,545 plus 20 grand mark up for CS and 15 grand for Ceramic Brakes), for that amount of money I would buy a Corvette Z06, a 911 GT3, and still have enough money for a nice used Jeep to beat around in, and I would have keep my wife!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

FordSVT

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on June 03, 2007, 08:09:42 PM
Me too. :lol:

I can't say I've ever been a big Ferrari fan. I'm more interested in attainable cars, I guess. :huh:

Isn't that a bit like saying you don't appreciate Giselle Bundchen because you're never going to have the chance to do her?  :lol:

-FordSVT-

Raza

Quote from: ro51092 on June 03, 2007, 09:07:08 PM

I'd rather have a Carrera S than a 430. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i