Ford F150 Harley Davidson supercharged, 5.4L 450hp

Started by 565, May 30, 2007, 04:58:56 PM

S204STi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 31, 2007, 05:09:44 PM
Nope, they don't.

But they do such a great job of increasing NVH that you at least feel like it must handle better. :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: 565 on May 30, 2007, 10:26:39 PM
Damn dead?  So much for the sport trucks.  Ram SRT-10 dead.  Lightning dead. Chevy SS truck dead.  Maybe the age of monsterous sport trucks is over?

The age of monstrous sport trucks was never even born.  The "age" of them was filled with stillborns.  We got all excited 'cause we thought we had a good one, but then it just ends up dying before it really "comes out".

SVT666

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 31, 2007, 05:09:44 PM
Nope, they don't.
Actually they do.  not as much as suspension modifications, but they do aid in cornering for a pickup.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 31, 2007, 06:45:53 PM
Actually they do.? not as much as suspension modifications, but they do aid in cornering for a pickup.

OK, I'll bite.

How?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Monster trucks seem to corner pretty well, and they have the hugest sidewalls and smallest wheels ever.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 31, 2007, 06:45:53 PM
Actually they do.? not as much as suspension modifications, but they do aid in cornering for a pickup.

They aid the perception of cornering, because steering is sharper.  But they break away in a much more sudden way than taller tires, which is not what I would call a good thing.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on May 31, 2007, 09:24:48 PM
They aid the perception of cornering, because steering is sharper.? But they break away in a much more sudden way than taller tires, which is not what I would call a good thing.
The same could be said for sports cars then.  Steering is sharper and more direct and cornering isn't as floaty.   I would call that a good thing.  It hampers the truck in the rest of the duties a truck should be able to do though.

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 31, 2007, 09:36:24 PM
The same could be said for sports cars then.? Steering is sharper and more direct and cornering isn't as floaty.? ?I would call that a good thing.? It hampers the truck in the rest of the duties a truck should be able to do though.

There's a difference between subjective feel and objective performance.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on June 01, 2007, 11:41:23 AM
There's a difference between subjective feel and objective performance.
Whatever.  :rolleyes:  If it was a sports car with 75% sidewalls people would be bitching about how bad the cornering is and steering sucks, etc.

FordSVT

Quote from: NACar on May 31, 2007, 06:52:39 PM
Monster trucks seem to corner pretty well, and they have the hugest sidewalls and smallest wheels ever.

I'm not sure if you're making a joke or trying to make a point. The tires are like 6 feet wide, they sit outside the body of the truck and they have four wheel steering. And they also tip over all the time.  :lol:

The tread and tire composition is more important, but hemi's right: a shorter sidewall does generally mean a stiffer sidewall which translates to better road feel and handling. It's just a fact r-inge.

Take a car with 215/60R17 tires and switch them with the exact same brand of tire with the same tread style, etc., but drop it to a say a 215/50R17 and you'll notice the difference, especially on turn-in.

Sir_CARzy

FordSVT

If the last Lightning was anything to go by, that engine would only be a few hundred bucks and a weekend afternoon to get a 50-75 hp bump. Pulleeeeey!

I wouldn't buy a sports truck that was really trying to compete with sports cars, but I can appreciate a "muscle truck" like this. It looks stellar, sits 4-5 people in comfort and can pass an 18-wheeler at highway speeds in about 4 seconds. What's not to like if you're looking for a high-end truck?  :devil:

SVT666

Quote from: FordSVT on June 13, 2007, 08:01:21 PM
If the last Lightning was anything to go by, that engine would only be a few hundred bucks and a weekend afternoon to get a 50-75 hp bump. Pulleeeeey!

I wouldn't buy a sports truck that was really trying to compete with sports cars, but I can appreciate a "muscle truck" like this. It looks stellar, sits 4-5 people in comfort and can pass an 18-wheeler at highway speeds in about 4 seconds. What's not to like if you're looking for a high-end truck?? :devil:
I agree with that.  Muscle trucks are quite different from sport trucks.  Muscle trucks I get, sport trucks I don't.

omicron

I would buy this just because I can. I'd floor it on every intersection, stop sign and roundabout, do burnouts for schoolchildren before running over them, and use my exhaust rumblings to flip over Beryl's '92 Cavalier.

heelntoe

@heelntoe