Tundra sales

Started by Yawn, June 02, 2007, 11:23:08 AM

Yawn

So the Tundra hit 17k sales for the months and ford f series are down.. So is Toyota stealing the sales?

Or do you think it is the initial rush?

GoCougs

In addition to the Tundra, the Silverado, Sierra and Ram are also ahead of last year's sales, so I'd say the F-series is losing sales to the market in general.

Also of note, the Silverado beat the F-series in May: 63.8k vs. 61.9k. The GM guys are high-fiving to be sure.

VetteZ06

I believe the F-Series is still the top seller year-to-date, but perhaps this is the year the Silverado finally outsells its main competitor. I haven't looked at the Ford's overall sales advantage yet, so I could be completely wrong. :lol:

FordSVT

It's a five year old truck, and there are probably some Ford-guys waiting for the new '09.

It's funny how people keep talking about the "new" F-150 vs the new Tundra and Silverado, again it's a five year old truck. Of course the newer models are going to steal a bit of its thunder.

ifcar

Quote from: FordSVT on June 03, 2007, 06:16:07 AM
It's a five year old truck, and there are probably some Ford-guys waiting for the new '09.

It's funny how people keep talking about the "new" F-150 vs the new Tundra and Silverado, again it's a five year old truck. Of course the newer models are going to steal a bit of its thunder.

The F-150 came out in 04.

FordSVT

Isn't it an 04 model that went on sale in 03? So OK, four years. Doesn't change the fact that it's the oldest truck on the market at the moment and the "newness" of it has worn off. They're everywhere, and there are a few new choices, and the new truck comes out in 08, and I'm just saying it's natural that it's sales have dropped a bit considering you're also throwing in major new competition. It's still a good truck with plenty to offer anyone who would purchase it, and the 09 looks like it's going to kick ass and maybe even break some new ground.

S204STi

Quote from: ifcar on June 03, 2007, 02:21:58 PM
The F-150 came out in 04.

Yeah, I was gonna say...

Either way, what were Tundra sales for the month last year?

ifcar

Quote from: FordSVT on June 03, 2007, 06:11:52 PM
Isn't it an 04 model that went on sale in 03? So OK, four years. Doesn't change the fact that it's the oldest truck on the market at the moment and the "newness" of it has worn off. They're everywhere, and there are a few new choices, and the new truck comes out in 08, and I'm just saying it's natural that it's sales have dropped a bit considering you're also throwing in major new competition. It's still a good truck with plenty to offer anyone who would purchase it, and the 09 looks like it's going to kick ass and maybe even break some new ground.

Titan came out in 04 as well, and unless you count the updated Ram as a new generation (as some here do, but no need to go down that road again) it dates to 02.

But yes, the Silverado is now what the F-150 was in 04, and the current F-150 is much too heavy for its engines.

SJ_GTI

Tundra is certainly doing well.

I can't find the quote, but it seems like the sales for trucks is working out just like Lutz predicted. He thought the Tundra would be a success (meet its ~200k a year target) but felt it would not impact GM's sales much (if at all). Looking at YTD sales this seems to be the case so far.

ifcar

We don't know if it impacted Silverado sales, as we don't know what the increase due to the combination of the redesign and the Silverado Classic discounts would have been without the new Tundra.

Yawn

close to 18k for last month... do a search for toyota may sales on yahoo and youll get results...

i think looking at the sales through the next 6 months to a year will determine..

SJ_GTI

Quote from: ifcar on June 04, 2007, 08:40:29 AM
We don't know if it impacted Silverado sales, as we don't know what the increase due to the combination of the redesign and the Silverado Classic discounts would have been without the new Tundra.

Actually I can say without a doubt it "impacted" Silverado sales. My point is that it isn't a significant impact.

SVT666

I'm seeing more and more Tundras in my town.  The front end design is still not growing on me, but from the A-pillar back it is definitely growing on me.  Too bad the interior sucks.

SVT666

I was parked next to a Tundra at the local gas station.? The Tundra's roof line was exactly the same height as my Ram's, but the box sides had to be 4" higher.? I asked the guy how he liked it and he said that he loves it.? I asked if there was anything he would change.? He said that the box sides are way too high and the dash layout could be better, but otherwise he loves it.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 11, 2007, 08:06:44 AM
I was parked next to a Tundra at the local gas station.  The Tundra's roof line was exactly the same height as my Ram's, but the box sides had to be 4" higher.  I asked the guy how he liked it and he said that he loves it.  I asked if there was anything he would change.  He said that the box sides are way too high and the dash layout could be better, but otherwise he loves it.

Well the opinions of drivers of things such as Rams and Tundras should be discredited because they don't spend as much time in the truck or with the truck as they do pumping gas into said truck.

:lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on June 11, 2007, 09:07:15 AM
Well the opinions of drivers of things such as Rams and Tundras should be discredited because they don't spend as much time in the truck or with the truck as they do pumping gas into said truck.

:lol:
I filled my tank ($104) and then went inside and they asked if I could pay immediately so they could lower the price........