The Official Mustang Thread

Started by SVT666, June 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM

the Teuton

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=214513679&dealer_id=47894518&car_year=2006&model=MUST&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44720&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=7

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=220484799&dealer_id=576637&car_year=2007&model=MUST&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44720&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=20

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=225675782&dealer_id=66435&car_year=2007&model=MUST&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44720&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=18

Can you say Zee-Oh-Six?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Cobra93

Quote from: the Teuton on July 31, 2007, 09:32:59 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=214513679&dealer_id=47894518&car_year=2006&model=MUST&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44720&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=7

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=220484799&dealer_id=576637&car_year=2007&model=MUST&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44720&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=20

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=225675782&dealer_id=66435&car_year=2007&model=MUST&num_records=&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44720&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=18

Can you say Zee-Oh-Six?

GT500's seem to be selling in the low to mid 50's on ebay, so they should get reasonable fairly soon. No way I'm paying over MSRP for one. I'll look at used Vettes before I do that.

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 31, 2007, 08:55:09 PM
I could never get myself to pay above sticker for one.

Even paying sticker feels like getting robbed.  If a dealer wanted me to pay a markup, I very politely slap them in the face, unzip my fly, take it out, pee on their shoes, and then beat their children. 

Very politely.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

I wouldn't have a problem paying sticker on certian cars.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 01, 2007, 08:51:24 AM
I wouldn't have a problem paying sticker on certian cars.

Even on a Lamborghini I want a free coffee mug.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Cobra93

Quote from: Nethead on August 01, 2007, 11:59:23 AM
Cobra93:  Look again at your first link--that's a Shelby Hertz GT-H listed for $69,998--not a GT500.

It wasn't my link. But thanks anyway. :ohyeah:

Eye of the Tiger

^Just how are the Wrangler and Mustang the top rated vehicles if the criteria are cargo space and performance? The Wrangler has neither, and there are lots of wagons that are at the same performance level as the Mustang. That Cargurus website is useless.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

I was down in Coeur D'Alene in Idaho for the past few days and when we drove into town I saw there was a Mustang Show'n Shine at the local Ford dealer, so I pulled in and what did I see?? Not one, but TWO Parnelli Jones Edition Saleens and the original race car Parnelli drove back in 1972.? There was also an original 1966 Shelby Cobra, a Ford GT, and a 2007 Saleen S7 TT Competition with 1000 HP!!!!!? There was a Roush, an original 390 GT in Highland Green (just like Bullitt) and many many more.? I will post pictures as soon as I get them downloaded.

Apparently Steve Saleen was there too, but I didn't see him.

SVT666

The inspiration....

The tribute....

SVT666

SVT666

It's official.  After seeing the Shelby GT in person I have decided this is by far the coolest and most badass looking production Mustang today.  It's absolutely sick how cool this car looks in person.  The riveted on hood scoop is actually very cool and it looks exactly like the riveted on hood scoop on the 1966 Shelby Cobra that was sitting right across from it.

This is the genuine article.  This ain't no replica...

JYODER240

The Ford dealership in my town has a Shelby GT as well as a GT-H, about 4-5 GT500's and several GT's and V6's.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 08, 2007, 11:10:57 PM
The Ford dealership in my town has a Shelby GT as well as a GT-H, about 4-5 GT500's and several GT's and V6's.

There's a Ford delership about a mile or so away from me, and they have a pair of Shelby GTs out front.

I called to ask them what they were asking for them.

"Right now, we're just accepting offers."

"Can you tell me what the sticker is?"

"They don't have stickers on them"

"What is the MSRP?"

"Feel free to make an offer"

"Ok. 5 grand."

"Five grand over sticker?"

"No, just 5 grand. Besides you told me they don't have stickers."

"Well, we're not accepting any offers below $38k."

"Why couldn't you f**king tell me that when I asked you?"

click.

Goddamned dealers spend years trying to stuff crap down people's throats and tell them its cotton candy, and then finally get a car that sells and all of a sudden you need a briefcase full of cash just to walk in the place.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

The dealership by my house is charging 65k for their GT500s. Unless you're collecting one you'd have to be mentaly unstable to pay that much for one.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 08, 2007, 11:21:44 PM
The dealership by my house is charging 65k for their GT500s. Unless you're collecting one you'd have to be mentaly unstable to pay that much for one.

I hate dealer markups.   They should be illegal or something.  It's the worst way to ruin an otherwise good car.  I just hope when this new slew of high performance cars come (GTR, Supra, NSX, etc), they won't rape us with markups.

SVT666

I love Mustangs, but come on...they're just Mustangs.  A dealership in Edmonton has sold three GT500's for $100,000.  That's rediculous.  It's just a Mustang.

SVT666

Quote from: 565 on August 08, 2007, 11:24:46 PM
I hate dealer markups.? ?They should be illegal or something.? It's the worst way to ruin an otherwise good car.? I just hope when this new slew of high performance cars come (GTR, Supra, NSX, etc), they won't rape us with markups.
Ford dealers are the worst I've seen for screwing clients.  I just feel dirty walking into one of their dealerships.  Ford has a big enough PR problem as it is right now, and they allow their dealerships to pull this kind of shit.  My favourite dealerships to deal with, even though I'm not a fan of most of their cars, are GM dealerships.

SVT666

Quote from: 565 on August 08, 2007, 11:27:38 PM
:confused:? ?

Time to check for flying pigs.

:lol:
I may be a Mustang fanboy, but even I have my limits.  A Mustang is supposed to be an affordable V8 RWD sporty car.  Dealerships are ruining that.  Yes you can get a GT for $27K USD, but the faster and cooler versions are unattainable because of the shit dealerships pull.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 08, 2007, 11:27:49 PM
Ford dealers are the worst I've seen for screwing clients.? I just feel dirty walking into one of their dealerships.? Ford has a big enough PR problem as it is right now, and they allow their dealerships to pull this kind of shit.? My favourite dealerships to deal with, even though I'm not a fan of most of their cars, are GM dealerships.

Wow, I've never had a good experience at a GM dealership. Maybe I'm going to the wrong ones.

Anyways, the absolute best dealership experience I've ever had was at the Lotus dealership in Birmingham, MI. I even told them I wasn't seriously interested in buying right away. They still bent over backwards to make me feel welcome and taken care of.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

omicron

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 09, 2007, 08:26:22 AM
I would marry her.
But that would require a lot of drugs and sedatives.

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on August 09, 2007, 08:18:27 AM
0-60 in 3.9 seconds and I think it was 0-100-and-back-to-0-again in 12.5 seconds--on 1965 rubber!? My friend, that was haulin' ass back in the day...
That's haulin' ass today too.

I wish someone would build a car that was that fast again for relatively little money, but with all the rules and regs nowadays they just can't do it for a low price anymore.

Rich

I was browsing the Ford site today and noticed that the 2008 Mustang has some new options...

Nav available on V6 and GT premium models
HID headlights
Cloth roof available on V6 and GT 'verts (has been available on the GT500 'vert)
Ambient lighting:

And heated seats have been available with leather for a while now....

Pretty cool.

Since I'll be putting on some rank next summer I'm seriously thinking about selling the Cooper S for one of these.   :confused:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Ron From Regina

I'm still waiting for a 375-400 hp engine option that I can get in a fully loaded GT. I'm trading mine in as soon as they come out with something like that.

Rich

Quote from: Ron From Regina on August 17, 2007, 04:33:00 PM
I'm still waiting for a 375-400 hp engine option that I can get in a fully loaded GT. I'm trading mine in as soon as they come out with something like that.

I think that they will debut that engine when they fuck up the styling for '09.  I really don't like the ItalDesign Mustang Concept, so if I do get a Mustang it will be the current gen.

Is 300hp really not enough for you?   :lol:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Ron From Regina

SVT666