The Official Mustang Thread

Started by SVT666, June 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on March 25, 2019, 01:00:16 PM
Just looks confusing to me.

It's a Pony car but has no manual.

It's an ultra high power car but has a governor.

It's a track monster but why what with the GT350R already out there.
If you're scared, just say you're scared. There's no need to play ring around the rosie. You have constantly dumped on the Rustang for losing to the Camaro in the bench racing wars. Now Ford has out-Alphad the Camaro with the biggest dick, but you refuse to lay down in accordance with the rules you yourself laid out. There's nothing confusing about it
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 20, 2019, 05:02:58 AM
If you're scared, just say you're scared. There's no need to play ring around the rosie. You have constantly dumped on the Rustang for losing to the Camaro in the bench racing wars. Now Ford has out-Alphad the Camaro with the biggest dick, but you refuse to lay down in accordance with the rules you yourself laid out. There's nothing confusing about it
LOL @ Biggest dick! Lord only knows where this horse Power battle will take us! I'm ready for the 7th Gen 'Maro! Hopefully it ditches the throwback stlying...
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

Maybe the 7th gen will bring back the style of the 3rd gen. That would actually be pretty cool and kind of make sense now that the Corvette is trying to be a Ferrari.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on June 19, 2019, 09:56:05 PM
Scared!?!?!? I'm TERRIFIED!!!! I'm terrified that the ZR1 will ONLY out lap it at VIR by 3 Seconds instead of 5!!!
Isn't this fun?  Time to go back to some old school Trans-Am racing. :mrcool:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 20, 2019, 06:00:56 AM
Isn't this fun?  Time to go back to some old school Trans-Am racing. :mrcool:
:cheers:

FoMoJo

Some interesting info...https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/autossports/first-look-ford-ups-ante-in-street-muscle-race-with-new-gt500/ar-AAD94Q6?ocid=spartandhp

Didn't know this and not sure if it's true...

Ford has confirmed its 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 will be the most powerful street-legal car it has ever produced. The GT500 will be powered by a supercharged 5.2-litre, flat-crank V-8 that kicks out 760 horsepower and 625 lb-ft of torque, which, Ford says, makes this engine the most power- and torque-dense supercharged production V-8 in the world.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

CaminoRacer

Which is their way of saying that they couldn't best the Demon. Had to go with power per liter instead. :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

Speed kills! Play It Safe! Buy a Ford!  :lol:   This old rivalry lives  on.  :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on June 22, 2019, 10:15:47 PM
Which is their way of saying that they couldn't best the Demon. Had to go with power per liter instead. :lol:
Be honest, which one do you want?

GoCougs

Quote from: CaminoRacer on June 22, 2019, 10:15:47 PM

Oh, Ford. "Torque dense" is a nonsense metric. Chevy and Mopar supercharged V8s both produce more power and torque, and are physically smaller and less complicated motors to boot.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: GoCougs on June 23, 2019, 07:30:52 AM
Oh, Ford. "Torque dense" is a nonsense metric. Chevy and Mopar supercharged V8s both produce more power and torque, and are physically smaller and less complicated motors to boot.

:hesaid:

Gotta-Qik-C7

FoMoJo

Predator...zero to 100 to zero in 10.6 seconds, they say.

Some pretty good info, and lots of pictures.

Submariner

Should have stuck that in the GT instead of the EcoBust.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Quote from: Submariner on August 15, 2019, 07:28:48 AM
Should have stuck that in the GT instead of the EcoBust.
Maybe gen. II, but the way things are going, it'll be a 1 litre EcoBoost with a bunch of batteries and electric motors stuck on. :nutty:

Xer0

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 15, 2019, 10:50:11 AM
Maybe gen. II, but the way things are going, it'll be a 1 litre EcoBoost with a bunch of batteries and electric motors stuck on. :nutty:

Wouldn't that be gen 4  :huh:

Side note, 06 GTs are going for almost 300K  :mask:  That thing appreciated quick.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Xer0 on August 15, 2019, 11:35:43 AM

Side note, 06 GTs are going for almost 300K  :mask:  That thing appreciated quick.

Makes sense though. If you were offering me the old GT or the new GT for free, I would take the old one every single time.

Payman

Spot on. To me a V6 is a compromise engine. It's what you stick in a Grand Am to get ok power and ok mileage in an ok car for ok money. Hell, the lowest class of racecar at the local track is the V6 "Stinger" $500 claimer class, which slots below the Comp-4 (4 cyl) class. Ever since the Dino in the early '70s, a V6 sportscar was the welfare child of the lineup. Ferrari didn't even want its badge on it.  Then Jaguar royally fucks up by putting a V6 in its XJ220 supercar, and people couldn't cancel their orders fast enough.  The GT of '04-'06 is the one everyone wants, because it has a proper V8 and it's properly fantastic looking. Doug DeMuro bought one claiming it's the best driving car of all time, and I believe it.  The new GT has some cool styling elements; the flying buttresses from roof to fender is neat, but it looks awkward in side profile.  Not that I could ever afford one, but I have no desire to own one even if I could.  I'd rather someone give me a prior gen GT worth $300k than a new one worth $500k, as mentioned.  Ford should have gone with the Voodoo V8, boosted to 650+ hp, rather than a goddamn overboosted V6.  I don't care how much power it puts out.

Xer0

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 15, 2019, 11:50:52 AM
Makes sense though. If you were offering me the old GT or the new GT for free, I would take the old one every single time.

I would too, I just remember only a couple years ago how this car was still kinda "affordable" for what it is and people were saying itll start appreciating quick.  Looks like thats totally the case!

FoMoJo

Quote from: Xer0 on August 15, 2019, 11:35:43 AM

True.

FoMoJo

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 15, 2019, 11:50:52 AM
It was a disappointment that they went with the V6, but it got the job done.  They woulda had to develop a different V8 to go with that package.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Rockraven on August 15, 2019, 12:24:46 PM
Spot on. To me a V6 is a compromise engine. It's what you stick in a Grand Am to get ok power and ok mileage in an ok car for ok money. Hell, the lowest class of racecar at the local track is the V6 "Stinger" $500 claimer class, which slots below the Comp-4 (4 cyl) class. Ever since the Dino in the early '70s, a V6 sportscar was the welfare child of the lineup. Ferrari didn't even want its badge on it.  Then Jaguar royally fucks up by putting a V6 in its XJ220 supercar, and people couldn't cancel their orders fast enough.  The GT of '04-'06 is the one everyone wants, because it has a proper V8 and it's properly fantastic looking. Doug DeMuro bought one claiming it's the best driving car of all time, and I believe it.  The new GT has some cool styling elements; the flying buttresses from roof to fender is neat, but it looks awkward in side profile.  Not that I could ever afford one, but I have no desire to own one even if I could.  I'd rather someone give me a prior gen GT worth $300k than a new one worth $500k, as mentioned.  Ford should have gone with the Voodoo V8, boosted to 650+ hp, rather than a goddamn overboosted V6.  I don't care how much power it puts out.

V6s can be sweet

https://youtu.be/GskvzpmBhNo?t=18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-nR_b0YPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZDKnX7gWaY

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

Quote from: Rockraven on August 15, 2019, 12:24:46 PM

I would point out that the number of cylinders is not why the Dino was badged as a Dino rather than Ferrari (there were Dino branded cars with V8s as well).  It was where the engine was placed.  Old Enzo was very much against mid-engine cars, especially road cars.  All of the early, mid-engine Ferraris, including the 308, wore Dino badging until 1976.

The other factor was that the Dino line was lower priced, aimed at Porsche, and Enzo didn't want to cheapen the Ferrari brand with lower end cars priced in Porsche territory.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

Formula 1 has been running V6 engines since 2014. Welfare junk.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 15, 2019, 02:40:54 PM
Meh. That Lotus sounds like a Camry, and that Z sounds like an Altima.  :evildude:
The GT-R I drove sounded like an Altima

Z sounds like demon Chewbacca

Anything that revs to 8 with 6 or more cylinders is OK with me

Payman

Quote from: MX793 on August 15, 2019, 04:53:56 PM
I would point out that the number of cylinders is not why the Dino was badged as a Dino rather than Ferrari (there were Dino branded cars with V8s as well).  It was where the engine was placed.  Old Enzo was very much against mid-engine cars, especially road cars.  All of the early, mid-engine Ferraris, including the 308, wore Dino badging until 1976.

The other factor was that the Dino line was lower priced, aimed at Porsche, and Enzo didn't want to cheapen the Ferrari brand with lower end cars priced in Porsche territory.

Yeah ok, I didn't want to go that deep into it, but my point still stands.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 15, 2019, 05:38:45 PM
The GT-R I drove sounded like an Altima

Z sounds like demon Chewbacca

Anything that revs to 8 with 6 or more cylinders is OK with me

Corvettes sound like Camaros which sound like Silverados. Everything sucks. :lockedup:

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 15, 2019, 05:54:57 PM
Corvettes sound like Camaros which sound like Silverados. Everything sucks. :lockedup:
What a V8 should sound like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2RxRn2lZaw