We finally got some 08 Altima coupes in today!

Started by Zcarnut, June 11, 2007, 03:50:05 PM

Zcarnut

They look pretty cool in person.I see some Z car,G35/37 coupe,and a little Pontiac G6 coupe towards the rear if you squint.
It is shorter than a regular Altima and the trunk suffers the most from this, but I think it will sell OK.
Got another batch of 08' Titans too including a crew cab long bed...Uhhh...Uhh..Its LONG!
Looks weird, but I think the domestics setup that way do too.
You probably need 8 lanes of traffic to make a proper 3 point turn.
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ChrisV

Threes a couple at the Nissan dealership next to work. They do look pretty good. There's a  blue one with custom wheels on it that looks great, actually.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ChrisV on June 12, 2007, 06:26:31 AM
Threes a couple at the Nissan dealership next to work. They do look pretty good. There's a  blue one with custom wheels on it that looks great, actually.

None of the dealerships around me have any. Can anyone get real world pics?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CJ

I have a real world picture!  I only saw the back half, but it was ugly as sin.

TheIntrepid

Laconian

Quote from: CJ on June 12, 2007, 10:20:22 AM
I have a real world picture!  I only saw the back half, but it was ugly as sin.

For a second, I thought you were referring to the picture in your sig. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Zcarnut

I didnt bring my camera to work today and lack the phone tools to upload a pic from my phone.
From the 3/4 rear,you wont think its a Altima IMO.
We havent got one in yet with a spoiler.I think it would make the rear look even better.

Rich

Quote from: Zcarnut on June 12, 2007, 01:14:53 PM
I didnt bring my camera to work today and lack the phone tools to upload a pic from my phone.
From the 3/4 rear,you wont think its a Altima IMO.
We havent got one in yet with a spoiler.I think it would make the rear look even better.

Ricer :lol: :thumbsup:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Onslaught

We have a red one in also but I didn't get to look at it close up. From a distance it looked good but can't say what I think until I do a walk around.

Zcarnut

One of ours red too and the other is silver.

SaltyDog

Not to put a damper on the thread, but I don't understand the point of midsized sedans made into coupes. 

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Maxxum

Quote from: SaltyDog on June 13, 2007, 03:27:33 PM
Not to put a damper on the thread, but I don't understand the point of midsized sedans made into coupes.?
That being said, I loved the Buick Riviera (95-99).
(\__/)     
(='.'=) << One day I will rule the world!         
(")_(")

Sir_CARzy

Not to put a damper on the thread, but I don't understand the point of midsized sedans made into coupes. 

its so that the boring people can SEEM less boring. didn't you know?

850CSi

Not to put a damper on the thread, but I don't understand the point of midsized sedans made into coupes.?

I dunno, some people like coupes. For me, it's coupe > sedan most of the time.

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on June 13, 2007, 11:25:14 PM
I dunno, some people like coupes. For me, it's coupe > sedan most of the time.

That's because you're a sheep.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Because they're practically free to make (very little R&D, plus materials), and they can catch idiots who think having a coupe makes them sporty, youthful, or cool by default. 

That said, I too like the Riviera.  Especially the 1971.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Because people like them and they look better.  I can't tell you how many people bitch to me that you can't get a 3 or 6 in a two door. Like I can do anything about it anyway.

ifcar

There is no point. But consumers love them, especially the elusive young buyers.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 14, 2007, 04:18:27 AM
That's because you're a sheep.

I like coupes over sedans, too. Most of the time I don't need rear doors, but it's still nice to have a rear seat. And most of the coolest, best loved classic cars have been coupes, from the '32 Ford 3 window, to the '49-51 mercury, to the classic Mustang and Camaro. And lets not forget how many 4 door Ferrari and Porsche models there have been. ;)

ChrisV

Quote from: ifcar on June 14, 2007, 06:04:18 AM
There is no point. But consumers love them, especially the elusive young buyers.

And most of the time there's no point in 4 doors for the average driver. hell, I only use the rear of the BMW on occasion. I'd LOVE there to have been a coupe version...

ifcar

There's no disadvantage to having rear doors that you don't usually use, but there is a disadvantage to not having those doors when you do need to get to the back seat.

FordSVT

There's a market for 2+2, two door coupes that the mainstream automakers, for the most part, aren't willing to put the money into an original platform for. Some people don't want a rwd sports car, they're just looking for a comfortable, economical car, and a more stylish alternative to a four-door sedan.

JYODER240

Quote from: ifcar on June 14, 2007, 07:48:25 AM
There's no disadvantage to having rear doors that you don't usually use, but there is a disadvantage to not having those doors when you do need to get to the back seat.

The disadvantage is that the majority of the time a 2-door looks better than a 4-door.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ifcar

Quote from: JYODER240 on June 14, 2007, 09:19:31 AM
The disadvantage is that the majority of the time a 2-door looks better than a 4-door.

Some may think so.

Sir_CARzy

yea, now being serious, i'd almost always buy a coupe over a saloon - they just tend to look more graceful and just.....better.

ChrisV

Quote from: ifcar on June 14, 2007, 07:48:25 AM

I've owned many, many coupes over the last 28 years. Including daily drivers. Never been a problem.

Intermediate and full size coupes aren't so hard to get into those few times it's "necessary." Hey, I've bought my share of four door cars, too, from the BMW to my SVT Contour, but there were always reasons that those cars were chosen that had nothing to do with them having 4 doors. But given the choice, I'd take the coupe version every time.

And again, if you're single, then 2 doors are all that you need 99% of the time, And if youre married, then 2 cars are usually a necessity anyhow, so one of them can be the easy access model.

ifcar

But there's no automatic disadvantage to having a practicality that you don't use. There is a disadvantage to not having a practicality that you use 1% of the time.

The Pirate

Call me old and grumpy beyond my years, but I generally prefer 4 doors, especially in a car like the Altima or Accord, where there isn't much difference mechanically.  If the coupe had a better suspension, or a higher hp engine, I'd be more likely to consider.  Otherwise, 4 door for me.  It's just much easier to load/unload all my gear.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: The Pirate on June 14, 2007, 05:30:44 PM
Call me old and grumpy beyond my years, but I generally prefer 4 doors, especially in a car like the Altima or Accord, where there isn't much difference mechanically.  If the coupe had a better suspension, or a higher hp engine, I'd be more likely to consider.  Otherwise, 4 door for me.  It's just much easier to load/unload all my gear.

QFT. Unless it's a G35 coupe (not the G37)... it's so sexy.