Thinking about selling the 7...thinking

Started by Submariner, June 12, 2007, 06:01:51 PM

Raza

I meant 246!  I was previously unaware of predecessors.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

Lol! I know. I was messin' with ya.

the Dino was a classic.

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

That car is the reason I love Ferrari and the reason I'm so angry when I look at new Ferraris.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 26, 2007, 12:21:16 PM
That car is the reason I love Ferrari and the reason I'm so angry when I look at new Ferraris.

This is the one that does it for me...

Would love to have seen it as a cabriolet.

Raza

That certainly is beautiful.  Would have been great as a droptop.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 26, 2007, 12:27:51 PM
That certainly is beautiful.  Would have been great as a droptop.

5 minute chop as a cabrio... Sexy. :lol:

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on June 26, 2007, 05:53:35 AM
You don't like the E Type because the wheels are shrouded by the body instead of being at the corners like they are in modern cars.

You don't like the Miura because you're dumb.

The Miura is beautiful from every angle except for dead front. Same with the E
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ChrisV

What, exactly, is wrong with this that the design experts over the decades have disagreed with you about?

ChrisV

I take it you don't like the pop up headlights, either..

I might agree with you slightly on this one. But the car is overall one of the most beautiful shapes ever penned.

SVT_Power

Quote from: ChrisV on June 26, 2007, 01:43:53 PM
I might agree with you slightly on this one. But the car is overall one of the most beautiful shapes ever penned.

that's what i've been saying
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ChrisV

SVT_Power

i like the e-type's shape but not really the front.

TheIntrepid

Where's Zach been? I want to knwo what happened

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ChrisV

Quote from: M_power on June 26, 2007, 02:21:59 PM
i like the e-type's shape but not really the front.

That's what I'm asking about. What makes you disagree with the design experts? If I don't like something, I can point out exactly why and what/how I would change it. I was asking if you could do the same on a known, timeless classic shape.

For example, the front of the Series II and Series III XKE can be improved by going with the covered headlights and a smaller grille, to match the Series I cars. The V12 cars, in particular, have huge, flat grilles, and taillights tacked on below the bumpers. The Series I, OTOH, has exquisitely delicate features that are perfectly proportioned. with the grille forming the perfect echo of the cross-section of the car body and setting up the shape of the headlights and hood bulge.

SVT_Power

SVT_Power

Quote from: ChrisV on June 26, 2007, 02:28:04 PM
That's what I'm asking about. What makes you disagree with the design experts? If I don't like something, I can point out exactly why and what/how I would change it. I was asking if you could do the same on a known, timeless classic shape.

For example, the front of the Series II and Series III XKE can be improved by going with the covered headlights and a smaller grille, to match the Series I cars. The V12 cars, in particular, have huge, flat grilles, and taillights tacked on below the bumpers. The Series I, OTOH, has exquisitely delicate features that are perfectly proportioned. with the grille forming the perfect echo of the cross-section of the car body and setting up the shape of the headlights and hood bulge.

Oh. Well i don't know how i would change it but the two main things that sticks out is the excess metal you can see inside the headlight enclosure and the gaping front

ChrisV

Look how much "metal" ois showing on any sunken headlight car, including that Dino posted earlier, especially when covered by glass. And I can't figure out how that small, delicate grille opening is "gaping." It's tiny, in real life. And it' was a wonderful update on the D type's simple, oval grille.

So, how does it feel to be that far out of step with the design experts over the decades..  :evildude:

(just playing with you...)

SVT_Power

ChrisV

Quote from: M_power on June 26, 2007, 02:37:59 PM
hey, times change :evildude:

You ALWAYS have to judge something by the era it was designed in, though. The early E type wasn't just good looking for it's day, however: it is widely considered the most sexy design of all time, including the front. ;)

SVT_Power

It's far from ugly, but i just dont personally find it all THAT sexy. I do agree with people on the beauty of the miura's shape though.

Submariner

I'm here.  Things haven't changed.  I still own my 7, The Jag is still sitting there, and I still love it.

I did get a ticket in an E-63, though.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550