0 (0%)
Mitsubishi Eclipse
1 (3.7%)
Write-in (Coupes only, please)
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on June 16, 2007, 02:43:47 PM
Why are you being so intentionally obtuse about this one?  I left the GTI out because it's practically and visually a different bodystyle.  Fucking deal with it.

I disagree more with your original explanation of why it was left out than the action itself. It's too practical to be in the same poll as coupes and other 3-door hatches? As if that's going to be the biggest factor in people's decisions here anyway. :rolleyes:

MX793

From the cars listed I'd go with the Cobalt, though I'd take an MS3 over that.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

S204STi

Quote from: ro51092 on June 16, 2007, 11:37:44 AM
Out of these, I'll take the Civic. Otherwise, I'll take a GTI.

I am with you.

S204STi

Quote from: ifcar on June 16, 2007, 02:57:22 PM
I disagree more with your original explanation of why it was left out than the action itself. It's too practical to be in the same poll as coupes and other 3-door hatches? As if that's going to be the biggest factor in people's decisions here anyway. :rolleyes:

Quote from: RazaGTI's not a coupe, it's a hatch, and I just forgot about the Eclipse.

ifcar

A hatchback is a car with a back hatch. The tC, Tiburon, Eclipse, and GTI all have back hatches.

the Teuton

I'm voting Civc because the K20 sounds awesome and I love Hondas.  Otherwise, I'd vote WRX.  I don't care that it's not a coupe.  It's the same price and it makes winter weather something to look forward to.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

The Pirate

Quote from: the Teuton on June 16, 2007, 04:35:21 PM
I'm voting Civc because the K20 sounds awesome and I love Hondas.  Otherwise, I'd vote WRX.  I don't care that it's not a coupe.  It's the same price and it makes winter weather something to look forward to.

I'm really torn on the Civic, as it's a great car dynamically.  But damn, she's ugly!  I'd much rather have an EK or EP3 Si. 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

Eclipse V-6 FTW. Sure, it's big and heavy, but it's also a FWD sport coupe, so it was never going to be perfect to begin with.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

93JC

Quote from: ifcar on June 16, 2007, 03:56:41 PM
A hatchback is a car with a back hatch. The tC, Tiburon, Eclipse, and GTI all have back hatches.

Guess which one isn't a coup?, goof.

ifcar

93JC

Do you know what a coupe is? Do you know what defines a coupe?

Eye of the Tiger

If you want to be an anal dickwad about the whole coupe definition, I've found several refrences that say a coupe must have < 33 cu ft of rear cargo space.

Like this one from automotive.com:

A coupe is a body style that offers two seats, or sometimes an extra two smaller seats for occasional passengers in the rear. Since the 1960s coupes have referred to any fixed roof cars but differ from sedans in that modern coupes typically do not have door frames, where the side glass windows seal directly against the main body of the car. The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) officially distinguishes a coupe from a sedan by the interior area. Where both have fixed roofs, a coupe would have less than 33 cubic feet of interior space. A car with greater interior volume would be considered a sedan.

Not that it would prevent anybody from cross-shopping a GTI and an Eclipse...

93JC

Quote from: NACar on June 16, 2007, 05:53:55 PM
If you want to be an anal dickwad about the whole coupe definition, I've found several refrences that say a coupe must have < 33 cu ft of rear cargo space.

If I really wanted to be anal, I'd tell you it's 33 cubic feet of rear interior volume, as defined by SAE J1100: Motor Vehicle Dimensions.

I can also tell you why they're called 'coupes', or more correctly, 'coup?s'. Coup? is French for 'cut', referring to the sloped roofline from b-to-c-pillar, often the sheetmetal literally having been cut from 2-door sedans.

MX793

Quote from: 93JC on June 16, 2007, 05:49:41 PM

A coupe has a distinct trunk and the rear glass is seperate from the trunk lid.  In a proper coupe, when you open the trunk, you cannot look through the opening into the passenger compartment (excluding the presence of a trunk pass-through in the rear seat that folds down).  The Mustang, for example is a coupe.    The tC, Tib, and Eclipse are all liftbacks.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

93JC

Quote from: MX793 on June 16, 2007, 06:07:53 PM
A coupe has a distinct trunk and the rear glass is seperate from the trunk lid.  In a proper coupe, when you open the trunk, you cannot look through the opening into the passenger compartment (excluding the presence of a trunk pass-through in the rear seat that folds down).

According to... ?

QuoteThe tC, Tib, and Eclipse are all liftbacks.

:ohyeah:

Eye of the Tiger

every car with 2-doors is a coupe  :evildude:

ifcar

ifcar

Quote from: 93JC on June 16, 2007, 05:49:41 PM

Yes. Do you?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ifcar on June 16, 2007, 06:23:01 PM
I'd agree.

And since hatchbacks are 3-doors,  they are not coupes.  :praise:

ifcar

Quote from: NACar on June 16, 2007, 06:26:24 PM
And since hatchbacks are 3-doors,  they are not coupes.  :praise:

I'd disagree.

Mak450

How about we all agree to disagree and rename the pole, sporty fwd...non two-box cars?  :huh:

Hmm doesn't really roll off the tongue though...

Eye of the Tiger

ifcar

In some senses, I suppose. But I believe this discussion pertained to cars. ;)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Mak450 on June 16, 2007, 06:27:49 PM
How about we all agree to disagree and rename the pole, sporty fwd...non two-box cars?? :huh:

Hmm doesn't really roll off the tongue though...

For that, you will have to define what a "box" is. Obviously, a Cherokee is a two-box design, while a Cutlass is a three-box. But what is a tC or a Viper GTS? Do you say that the rear passenger of a two-box can reach behind them into the trunk? Or is it okay for a two-box to have a trunk that is completely separate from the passenger compartment, as long as the shape of the car doesn't have a third box?

Mak450

Quote from: NACar on June 16, 2007, 06:42:23 PM
For that, you will have to define what a "box" is. Obviously, a Cherokee is a two-box design, while a Cutlass is a three-box. But what is a tC or a Viper GTS? Do you say that the rear passenger of a two-box can reach behind them into the trunk? Or is it okay for a two-box to have a trunk that is completely separate from the passenger compartment, as long as the shape of the car doesn't have a third box?

Oh no ya don't, you aint dragging me into this  :evildude:

nickdrinkwater

the Golf is NOT A FUCKING COUPE!

:cry:

SVT666

Quote from: MX793 on June 16, 2007, 06:07:53 PM
The Mustang, for example is a coupe.
What about the Fox body GT?

I gotta say, this is the dumbest argument I've seen in a long time.  I blame only one person for this and for that, I'm never voting for Kia, Hyundai, or a Focus in a poll again.

MX793

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 16, 2007, 07:11:46 PM
What about the Fox body GT?

I was talking about the current Mustang.
Needs more Jiggawatts