Honda Pilot

Started by hounddog, June 17, 2007, 08:42:21 PM

Tave

Or if you're a Ford guy:

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CJ

I'm 15, 5'7", and 105 lbs. 

I sat in the back of a Pilot and found it to be okay.  I mean, it's not bad for people smaller than me, but any bigger and they'll be eating their knees before they can eat their dinner.  It's fine for short people.  The middle row is very comfortable, as are the front seats.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CJ on June 19, 2007, 01:51:22 PM
I'm 15, 5'7", and 105 lbs. 

I sat in the back of a Pilot and found it to be okay.  I mean, it's not bad for people smaller than me, but any bigger and they'll be eating their knees before they can eat their dinner.  It's fine for short people.  The middle row is very comfortable, as are the front seats.

You're tiny. :P

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CJ

hounddog

Quote from: Morris Minor on June 19, 2007, 01:32:53 PM
By the "Any thoughts?" request in your original post, I took it to mean that were asking for "any thoughts" that Pilot owners might have on their experiences with the vehicle. The vehicle is so good in all other respects that Honda's inabilities to get road noise levels below those of cars costing half as much, and understand the workings of a 100 year-old radio technology, stand out like sore thumbs.

I'll actually go further and say that the speakers in my Pilot are crap. Hopefully they've fixed this in later models. By the way, the third row seats are only good for small people or leg amputees.
I was asking for that. 
That post included a poor attempt at humor.   :(
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

Quote from: M_power on June 19, 2007, 01:33:46 PM
Isn't hounddog like 6'7?
6'5" 
I would have loved to have been 6'7"!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Quote from: Tave on June 19, 2007, 01:48:04 PM
Or if you're a Ford guy:

It is still an affront to enthusiats! 
It reminds me of those mid/late 80's corvettes they tried to make look like Crocketts' Ferarri.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

ro51092

Tave

Ah, Hounddog, ya gotta be kiddin me! :lol: Imagine how fun that thing would be to take camping. 10 friends, no problems. Plenty of power for the tracks and room to haul all you need. It'd be mountaineering heaven. :lol:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on June 19, 2007, 02:42:21 PM
Ah, Hounddog, ya gotta be kiddin me! :lol: Imagine how fun that thing would be to take camping. 10 friends, no problems. Plenty of power for the tracks and room to haul all you need. It'd be mountaineering heaven. :lol:
Actaully going camping with one of those and 6 guys is a blast.? We did it about 5 years ago for a stag.? We loaded it up with 8 cases of beer, a bunch of hard stuff, all our camping gear, and headed up to a remote lake in BC.? It was a Ford Econoline with 4x4, a 9" suspension lift, and 35" tires.? One of the guys owns a fishing expedition company and the van belongs to him.?

Tave

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 19, 2007, 02:58:27 PM
Actaully going camping with one of those and 6 guys is a blast.? We did it about 5 years ago for a stag.? We loaded it up with 8 cases of beer, a bunch of hard stuff, all our camping gear, and headed up to a remote lake in BC.? It was a Ford Econoline with 4x4, a 9" suspension lift, and 35" tires.? One of the guys owns a fishing expedition company and the van belongs to him.?

:rockon:

I have to borrow the parent's car for camping trips, and they don't want beating the shit out of it every weekend. I think the Aveo is going to have to prove itself a couple times this summer :mask:

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on June 19, 2007, 03:05:16 PM
:rockon:

I have to borrow the parent's car for camping trips, and they don't want beating the shit out of it every weekend. I think the Aveo is going to have to prove itself a couple times this summer :mask:
I saw a Chevy Camaro on a truck frame with an 18" suspension lift and 44" tires.  About redneck as you can get, however an Aveo jacked up would be pretty cool. :rockon:

hounddog

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 19, 2007, 02:58:27 PM
Just planning on spending the night, were you?
:lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on June 19, 2007, 03:21:47 PM
Just planning on spending the night, were you?
:lol:
3 nights actually.  However after the end of the second night, we barely touched anything the next night. :lol:

SVT_Power

Quote from: ro51092 on June 19, 2007, 02:38:28 PM
Ron's 6'7.

Oh yeah that's right.

The other day i met my 6'7 friend and it was ridiculous. I'm a short guy at 5'8 so i sort of have to look up to talk to people. But when i look up like i would with most people, i'm staring at his neck! So I'm fucking looking up like an idiot talking to my buddy  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

hounddog

Now she likes the X5.? I give up.? ?:hammerhead:<---- Ever feel like someone is doing this to you?

:banghead:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

It makes me wonder where her thinking will wander about our other issue. 

Time to start  :partyon:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

ifcar

Quote from: hounddog on June 23, 2007, 01:43:51 AM
Now she likes the X5.  I give up.   :hammerhead:<---- Ever feel like someone is doing this to you?

:banghead:

If you are thinking about spending that much, I wouldn't go for the X5.

Are you thinking of spending that much?

TBR

If you are, I would try to stretch for a GL320 CDI.

93JC

Quote from: hounddog on June 19, 2007, 02:38:12 PM
It reminds me of those mid/late 80's corvettes they tried to make look like Crocketts' Ferarri.

Crockett's Ferrari really WAS a Corvette though. :lol:

At least, the black Daytona was. When Ferrari found out that Crockett and Tubbs were tooling around in a knock-off they donated three Testarossas to the show.

hounddog

Quote from: 93JC on June 25, 2007, 04:04:47 PM
Crockett's Ferrari really WAS a Corvette though. :lol:

At least, the black Daytona was. When Ferrari found out that Crockett and Tubbs were tooling around in a knock-off they donated three Testarossas to the show.
After they received the 'real' Ferrari's, the fake Daytona met an untimely demise, right?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Never mind.  ;)
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

ChrisV

Quote from: hounddog on June 19, 2007, 02:38:12 PM
It is still an affront to enthusiats! 

Hey now, I built a few of those, and built/owned the one used in the filming of one of the last episodes of Max Headroom.

I look at it as a 1:1 scale model that was built for $14k when a real one was cresting $500k. Like a 1:18 scale model that can be driven, and drive it I did. it was faster to 120mph than a real Daytona.

BTW, Crockett's white Testarossa for all the high po driving scenes was also a fake... Built from a Pantera.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hounddog on June 19, 2007, 02:36:22 PM
6'5"?
I would have loved to have been 6'7"!

I thought you played line? Tall linemen are rare, and they tend to blow out knees...

But about the Pilot. My wife has driven one for 3 years now, and i have but three complaints:

1: The tailgate doesn't go up far enough. Its made so you don't bump the roof on a parking garage, but that means you bump you head on it. (I'm 6'4", but my  wife at 5'10" has the same problem)

2: The radio isn't quite up to expectations.

3: It is nearly impossible to remove fossilized french fries from between the center console and the driver's seat without physically removing the seat.

Other than that, its a pretty good vehicle all around, and has been quite reliable.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

hounddog

Quote from: Soup DeVille on June 26, 2007, 09:04:21 PM
I thought you played line? Tall linemen are rare, and they tend to blow out knees...

But about the Pilot. My wife has driven one for 3 years now, and i have but three complaints:

1: The tailgate doesn't go up far enough. Its made so you don't bump the roof on a parking garage, but that means you bump you head on it. (I'm 6'4", but my? wife at 5'10" has the same problem)

2: The radio isn't quite up to expectations.

3: It is nearly impossible to remove fossilized french fries from between the center console and the driver's seat without physically removing the seat.

Other than that, its a pretty good vehicle all around, and has been quite reliable.
I did.? And, our line averaged around 6'3 and 270.? And that was when we went to the Rose Bowl in 87.? MSU has a guy on the line who is 6'8 and just picked up a commitment from Novi who will play defensive end- Tyler Hoover? 6'7 265.? ?I would only be considered average on the line now.?

Thanks, good info.  Most cars have the crusty food in the middle problem.  You are apparently a big guy as well, try fishing you hand in there after the damned cell phone!  Who the hell designs these things?  Mini-me?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT_Power

i never suffer from any woes of being average height :praise:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

hounddog

Quote from: M_power on June 26, 2007, 09:13:01 PM
i never suffer from any woes of being average height :praise:
There are many good things about being big.  But, there are just as many drawbacks.  Like, finding a pair of blue jeans to fit my thighs.   Or a nice golf polo to fit around my upper shoulder/arm pit area.  Not to mention that socks, simple socks, have to be ordered to fit or bought at a big and tall store.  I sit in a movie theater and feel like I am wedged into a shoe box. 
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

nickdrinkwater

Taking a bus isn't much fun either.