2007/06 Nissan 350z coupe 6-speed vs auto comparison?

Started by 1 BAD 7, June 20, 2007, 12:42:45 PM

Champ

Quote from: Tave on June 21, 2007, 08:17:02 AM
No they don't. They don't tune the transmission to give the engine more power.
Yes, they do.  Maybe not mechanically.  But like I said, if you are the guy at Nissan - he said: "OK this one will be an auto, let's change the engine up."

Thus, the tranny had a impact on what the engine did.  It just happened to be at the design room instead of in the engine bay.

When I said "they tune the engines differently," they referred to the engineers not the transmissions.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on June 21, 2007, 09:13:29 AM
No, but they have a huge impact on what percentage of it makes it to the wheels.
Of course, but manufacturer's engine rathings do not reflect whp.  If they tune the engine differently for the different tranny, then I can believe that, but the tranny itself has no impact on engine power.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9744.msg484700#msg484700 date=1182439961
I really don't believe that.

I saw productions numbers on a 350Z forum. I'll try to dig it up.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on June 21, 2007, 10:09:47 AM
I saw productions numbers on a 350Z forum. I'll try to dig it up.

Yeah, that would be good.  I've seen very few, personally.  And I see 500 350Zs a day.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9744.msg484735#msg484735 date=1182442480
Yeah, that would be good.? I've seen very few, personally.? And I see 500 350Zs a day.

And you can tell at a glance 70% are automatics? :confused:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on June 21, 2007, 10:17:33 AM
And you can tell at a glance 70% are automatics? :confused:

No. 

I lift up their skirts.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Everyone of them? No wonder you have to work such long hours; you're fucking off more than me.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on June 21, 2007, 10:21:21 AM
Everyone of them? No wonder you have to work such long hours; you're fucking off more than me.

:nono:

I do it on my own time.  Why do you think I get such little sleep?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9744.msg484754#msg484754 date=1182443207
:nono:

I do it on my own time.? Why do you think I get such little sleep?

I just assumed cocaine.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on June 21, 2007, 10:34:40 AM
I just assumed cocaine.

How do you think I have the energy to lift all those skirts late at night?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

I was too tired to lift a skirt one night (or more correctly: a bikini bottom), and I still kick myself when I think about it two years later.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on June 21, 2007, 10:43:01 AM
I was too tired to lift a skirt one night (or more correctly: a bikini bottom), and I still kick myself when I think about it two years later.

You should probably kill yourself.  In the future, when you get married, you're always going to be thinking about that one unlifted skirt.  Then you'll start getting serial massages until one day your masseusse is out sick and is replaced by a man named Gunther.  You'll end up liking it.  You'll end up liking it too much.  You'll leave your wife and your kids and run away to the Bahamas with Gunther, where he'll then realize that the only way for you to truly be together forever is for the two of you to perish together.  Then there will be a grisly murder suicide, just as you realize that you're not gay and your wife decides to take you back.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

At least I can console myself with the knowledge that it's all her fault. She shouldn't have called me @ 2:30 in the morning on a Monday to go hot-tubbing 20 miles out of town. I know guys are never too tired for sex, but sometimes you're too tired to work for it.

And Gunther? If I get some hot, steamy, sweaty, ball-slappin man-loving it certainly won't be with a tool named GUNTHER. C'mon, I'm at least Patrick material.

1 BAD 7

Me neither.......because there is no way manuals out sell auto in USA even in sports cars like 350z. Because vast majority of female customer and older age buyers dont perfer to shift for themselves. Also people living in congested big cities dont particularly like manuals because of constant stop and go traffic and if you count married men whose wife might want to drive their cars then forget about it. As 80% of wifes dont care for manuals and consider them a headache and most families or households in america have automatic cars parked in their garages.

As for me I would love to own a manual sports car. But my wife........now that is another story :(.

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9744.msg484700#msg484700 date=1182439961
I really don't believe that.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Champ

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on June 21, 2007, 11:04:08 PM
As for me I would love to own a manual sports car. But my wife........now that is another story :(.
Maybe it would be easier to swap the wife out for a better model?  :ohyeah:

MrH

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on June 21, 2007, 11:04:08 PM
Me neither.......because there is no way manuals out sell auto in USA even in sports cars like 350z. Because vast majority of female customer and older age buyers dont perfer to shift for themselves. Also people living in congested big cities dont particularly like manuals because of constant stop and go traffic and if you count married men whose wife might want to drive their cars then forget about it. As 80% of wifes dont care for manuals and consider them a headache and most families or households in america have automatic cars parked in their garages.

Did you know that 42.1% of statistics are made up on the spot too?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Champ on June 22, 2007, 06:40:50 AM
Maybe it would be easier to swap the wife out for a better model? :ohyeah:

Always an option, only thing that sucks is they'll kill you with the financing

Zcarnut

I read some internal stats a while back for the Z concerning percentage of manual cars.
It was around 65% if my memory serves.Most verts are sold with slushboxes.
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).