Chevy Aveo
5 (20.8%)
Nissan Versa Sedan
8 (33.3%)
Kia Rio Sedan
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

TheIntrepid

Before you guys chime in, this is a vote for small SEDANS. The Fit isn't included because it's a hatch.

The next one will be of next-step-up sedans; i.e Corolla, Civic, 3, etc.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

Raza

I'm having a hard time on this one, since if I were buying in this segment, I wouldn't be buying a sedan.  Small package needs smart packaging, and a sedan is wasting space at this size.  I guess I'll City Jetta, since it just looks like the last gen Jetta, which was a good looking car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on June 22, 2007, 10:01:19 AM
I'm having a hard time on this one, since if I were buying in this segment, I wouldn't be buying a sedan.  Small package needs smart packaging, and a sedan is wasting space at this size.  I guess I'll City Jetta, since it just looks like the last gen Jetta, which was a good looking car.

The City Jetta IS the last-gen Jetta. They're selling it at $6000CAD below the new Jetta, and it comes with no standard features, except a 8-speaker CD/MP3 stereo and airbags. Everything else, including A/C, is optional. It's priced at $15,620 or something, and the City Golf is $14,470.

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on June 22, 2007, 10:06:51 AM
The City Jetta IS the last-gen Jetta. They're selling it at $6000CAD below the new Jetta, and it comes with no standard features, except a 8-speaker CD/MP3 stereo and airbags. Everything else, including A/C, is optional. It's priced at $15,620 or something, and the City Golf is $14,470.

Yeah, that's what I meant.  I should have said "it looks like it is the last gen Jetta".
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

Tough call...

I hate Toyota, so no Yaris.
I would pick the City Jetta if it came with the old 1.9 TDI engine, but it only has the very old 2.slow gasser, so, I ain't pickin' that one.

I'd play eeny-meeney-miney-moe between the Accent, Aveo, Rio and Versa. :huh:

omicron

Hmm. I think I'd have to say Yaris.

SVT666

Aveo because it looks like a mini Cobalt.  I don't like any of the others.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 22, 2007, 10:01:19 AM
I'm having a hard time on this one, since if I were buying in this segment, I wouldn't be buying a sedan. 

I agree, and was actually just looking at the Hyundai Accent GS hatch.

But of the choices, it's a tossup between The Accent and the Aveo.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ro51092

Onslaught

I don't like any of these cars and think they are all ugly and cheap. Probably the Accent or the Versa for me.

ifcar

Versa, without a doubt. A distinct notch above the others in safety, comfort, and refinement, though no more expensive and no less fuel efficient than any but the Yaris.

ChrisV

Not a fan of the Versa's "smart key" tech. I realize it's an option but it's hard to find one on the dealer lots without it. A coworker has a Versa hatch, and it's a nice, roomy car, though. I personally am not a big fan of the styling, which is why I like the new Accent hatch.

ChrisV

Quote from: Onslaught on June 22, 2007, 11:15:37 AM
I don't like any of these cars and think they are all ugly and cheap. Probably the Accent or the Versa for me.

They're supposed to be cheap. That's the point of, well, cheap economy cars. ;)

ifcar

Quote from: ChrisV on June 22, 2007, 11:27:16 AM
Not a fan of the Versa's "smart key" tech. I realize it's an option but it's hard to find one on the dealer lots without it. A coworker has a Versa hatch, and it's a nice, roomy car, though. I personally am not a big fan of the styling, which is why I like the new Accent hatch.

I haven't seen too many SmartKey Versas, the feature is just an option on the high-end SL trim. I'd be surprised if it were a regional difference between Washington and Baltimore, maybe the cheaper cars are just moving faster at your dealership?

It's very common on the Sentra though.

3.0L V6

City Jetta, based upon looks alone

Onslaught

Quote from: ChrisV on June 22, 2007, 11:28:09 AM
They're supposed to be cheap. That's the point of, well, cheap economy cars. ;)
I mean cheaply made. The Nissan and Toyota ones I've worked on are so cheap it's unbelievable. I can't take the rear interior panels off the Versa without them cracking most of the time. It's the most fragile, thin plastic I've ever worked with. The clips that snap it onto the metal of the car are much stronger than the panels and will hold together better then what they are attached to. You work and work and they still break when you take one apart.
And the Toyota has some of the flimsiest door panels I've ever seen. One hard pull would destroy one.

I understand that these cars a cheap and light for a reason. But they are put together with recycled beer cans and model car parts.

ChrisV

As cheap economy cars always have been :lol:

I don't expect more, as I've had so many from so many eras. I liked our Hyundai Accent for a cheap car. Should have kept it for these high fuel cost days.

S204STi

I dig the Versa.  Good engine plus 6spd manual FTW.

Tave

Quote from: R-inge on June 22, 2007, 12:36:04 PM
I dig the Versa.? Good engine plus 6spd manual FTW.

These are the cars that could really use them. I wish mine had one more gear.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CJ

I'll take a fully optioned Accent...with a manual.  If I could choose ANY compact car, it'd be an Accent SE Hatch.  Such a fun looking car.  Have you SEEN the Automobile Magazine video?

ChrisV

Quote from: CJ on June 22, 2007, 01:57:49 PM
I'll take a fully optioned Accent...with a manual.  If I could choose ANY compact car, it'd be an Accent SE Hatch.  Such a fun looking car.  Have you SEEN the Automobile Magazine video?

Cleanly styled little hatchback. I rather like them.

CJ

I like it in dark gray, but this one looks nice.

Submariner

Quote from: ChrisV on June 22, 2007, 02:18:25 PM

Cleanly styled little hatchback. I rather like them.

Are those...Mini wheels?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

nickdrinkwater

I'll take the 'City Jetta' although it actually belongs to the second group of cars you mentioned, not the really small class.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on June 22, 2007, 06:14:21 PM
I'll take the 'City Jetta' although it actually belongs to the second group of cars you mentioned, not the really small class.

I don't think so. The actual Jetta belongs in the second group of cars. This one was cars priced under $15,999CAD. I'll make that thread tomorrow.

The Pirate

I voted for the City Jetta, though I'd rather the Hyundai Accent hatch.  In reality, for the price of these cars, I'd be buying something better as a used car.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Mak450

Quote from: CJ on June 22, 2007, 01:57:49 PM

The one with the swaybar and the shortshift kit? EH not exactly stock though. Truth be told I like the hatch too, but that schnoz I can't stand, If they'd downsize the logo a bit I think it would do wonders.

CJ

Yeah, that one.  It IS stock though.  They're dealer installed options.