Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

cawimmer430

Quote from: 93JC on February 19, 2019, 08:22:31 AM
The taxi you saw is an LEVC TX, the new generation of London taxi.

Ah, thanks! Now it looks familiar.

Spotted today!

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 20, 2019, 11:53:45 AM

LOL

So Chrysler put new bodywork on what was largely an old Mercedes platform, then rebadged it as a Lancia after the FCA merger? :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 20, 2019, 01:54:50 PM
LOL

So Chrysler put new bodywork on what was largely an old Mercedes platform, then rebadged it as a Lancia after the FCA merger? :lol:

The entire Lancia lineup in Europe are nothing but badge-engineered Chryslers. Wait a minute, I think Lancia is already dead. RIP to one of the most emotional and innovative brands that ever existed.  :cry:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

veeman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 14, 2019, 05:03:47 PM
I like the seedier side of the Caribbean for partially reasons like that. I love boats, always have; but I just don't see the appeal of those mega yachts. I realize most owners use them like portable resorts, and fly in instead of actually sailing anywhere, but still.

I like the Caribbean in part because of how opposite it is to the U.S. in terms of being a nanny state.  A lot of the beaches don't have life guards. No one gives a shit if an older looking teenager takes an alcoholic drink with his/her family at a restaurant. You usually don't sign a bunch of liability forms when you take an excursion.  Being in a nanny state has some pluses like handicap access and what not, but, I find it often stifling. 

2o6

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 20, 2019, 01:54:50 PM
LOL

If you really wanna stretch it, *technically* it's a very heavily reworked Renault 21.

93JC

Quote from: 2o6 on February 20, 2019, 06:19:37 PM
If you really wanna stretch it, *technically* it’s a very heavily reworked Renault 21.

wat

There's nothing in common between a Chrysler 300 and a Renault, any Renault. Even the "old Mercedes platform" trope is stretching the truth.

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 20, 2019, 02:16:21 PM
The entire Lancia lineup in Europe are nothing but badge-engineered Chryslers. Wait a minute, I think Lancia is already dead. RIP to one of the most emotional and innovative brands that ever existed.  :cry:

There's the Ypsilon, but yeah, other than that... Chrysler crap!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on February 20, 2019, 06:26:16 PM
wat

There's nothing in common between a Chrysler 300 and a Renault, any Renault. Even the "old Mercedes platform" trope is stretching the truth.

I said *really* stretching it.  :lol:

I mean, the LH chassis was an evolution of the Dodge Monaco, no? Which was a sort of americanized Renault 21.

Then LH got reworked into LX.

I mean, obviously, the only real "sharing" between the car is the fact that LH and the Renault 21 have FWD and longitudinal engine layouts, but still....

93JC

You're thinking of the 25, not the 21, and no. In fact the 21 engine mounting orientation depended on the particular engine: some were transverse, some longitudinal.

Chrysler's original LX chassis was similar to LH—LH was meant to be front or all wheel drive—but after Daimler took over they turfed that and redesigned it, incorporating some Mercedes parts.

AutobahnSHO

There's one of those "Jurassic Park" Jeeps at my work 2 days in a row now.
Will

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

RomanChariot

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 01, 2019, 07:47:11 AM
^sex on wheels :wub:

Reminds me of the time I saw a girl straddling a guy in a pickup truck while he was driving down the freeway. Not very safe.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 01, 2019, 09:30:55 AM
Reminds me of the time I saw a girl straddling a guy in a pickup truck while he was driving down the freeway. Not very safe.

It's perfectly safe if you wear full leathers and are strapped in tightly.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Will

AutobahnSHO

An honest to goodness Phaeton.

Setting: we popped up to Philly for a turn and burn trip, stopped for a minute at a famous disc golf park (supposedly one of the very first on the east coast) and there was a tournament going on with ample cases of beers. And in the muddy parking lot, a black Phaeton with "B" wheels. Almost look like the Bugatti logo. :huh:
Will

93JC

You sure they weren't Bentley wheels? The Phaeton shared a lot of parts with the Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 93JC on March 02, 2019, 07:18:18 PM
You sure they weren't Bentley wheels? The Phaeton shared a lot of parts with the Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

Might have been, but I wasn't looking super closely.
Will

cawimmer430

Spotted today, new Audi A1 and an ABT-tuned Audi RS4 Avant!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

What is that weird looking pick-up sort of thing pulling the trailer?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 04, 2019, 10:06:42 AM
What is that weird looking pick-up sort of thing pulling the trailer?

Fiat Fullback  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

RomanChariot

I saw a setup like this being towed on a trailer in Salt Lake City.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Very sweet.  A couple of styling creases along the sides.  A hint of character.

Cars looked so much better without all the wrinkles and creases, just like people.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 10, 2019, 12:20:23 PM
Very sweet.  A couple of styling creases along the sides.  A hint of character.

Cars looked so much better without all the wrinkles and creases, just like people.

Indeed. Such simpler times.

Spotted today! Hyundai i30N, Maybach and... :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

New Mercedes-Benz GLE450 AMG Line. Looks pretty good. One thing that is amazing that compared to its predecessor the car "looks smaller" and "less massive".

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

If the logo at the front gets any bigger, it's going to start looking like the intake on a turbo fan jet.

BimmerM3

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 11, 2019, 12:12:19 PM
If the logo at the front gets any bigger, it's going to start looking like the intake on a turbo fan jet.

#1 requirement for MB drivers is to make sure that everyone else on the road knows that they're driving a Mercedes.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 11, 2019, 12:12:19 PM

It's actually a "bird shredder"... :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de