Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

A45S AMG 4Matic and A35 AMG 4Matic Sedan.  :wub:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso and Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG.

Aston Martin DB11

Mercedes-Benz GLC63 AMG

Porsche Taycan

Lamborghini Urus

Maserati 4200GT

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Will

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz A45S AMG 4Matic with Aero Package - the weaker A35 AMG looks so much better. Not a fan of the gaudiness of the A45...

Mercedes-Benz A35 AMG 4Matic with Aero Package

Mercedes-Benz 280S (W108) S-Class

Peugeot 404 Convertible

ALPINA BMW 7-Series

Porsche GT3 RS

Rolls Royce Cullinan

Bentley Continental GT

Aston Martin DB9

Lamborghini Huracan with horrible stickers...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

Wimmer, what's interesting to me is the shear amount of bicycles in your pictures of, I assume, Munich.

Americans, notice how the Europeans rarely ride racing bikes and wear Spandex? They ride comfortable machines, with storage, kickstands and bags... and the bikes are well used everyday.
Personally, i like these Euro style bikes and think the USA should adopt that kind of a bike culture. Better health and reduced medical costs are a plus.

Laconian

People aren't going to bike if they don't feel safe.  American drivers are generally terrible and prefer driving barndoor vehicles which annihilate pedestrians and cyclists alike. In the Netherlands bikes and cars coexist because the design of the lanes is deliberately designed to reduce the risk of a collision.

With the exception of a few places, Americans don't stand for any kind of urban reengineering for bikes. Any space carved away causes entitled motorists to flip out and rage on the city council on the Facebooks.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

shp4man

Quote from: Laconian on September 11, 2020, 01:11:27 PM
People aren't going to bike if they don't feel safe.  American drivers are generally terrible and prefer driving barndoor vehicles which annihilate pedestrians and cyclists alike. In the Netherlands bikes and cars coexist because the design of the lanes is deliberately designed to reduce the risk of a collision.

With the exception of a few places, Americans don't stand for any kind of urban reengineering for bikes. Any space carved away causes entitled motorists to flip out and rage on the city council on the Facebooks.

Then it should be changed. Here, bikes are accepted unless you run stops and lights and are a general asshole.

AutobahnSHO

They built some really cool bike lockers next to my office in Fort Belvoir. Well, actually across the parking lot next to the car garage. Who wants to ride to work then walk a bunch to get inside? (No one)
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on September 11, 2020, 12:39:03 PM
Wimmer, what's interesting to me is the shear amount of bicycles in your pictures of, I assume, Munich.

Americans, notice how the Europeans rarely ride racing bikes and wear Spandex? They ride comfortable machines, with storage, kickstands and bags... and the bikes are well used everyday.
Personally, i like these Euro style bikes and think the USA should adopt that kind of a bike culture. Better health and reduced medical costs are a plus.

Yep, Munich. All major and medium German cities/towns have cycling lanes which usually run adjacent to the car lanes. The cyclists have to follow the same laws as motorists (so stop at red lights etc.).

It is widely encouraged here to use a bicycle in the city instead of your car, especially by the Green political party. But the Greens want car-free cities and the Germans are so frigging stupid and are currently putting this radical political group in second place in the polls. The Greens envision cities as being completely car-free with everyone taking public transportation (trams, trains, buses) and/or their bicycles. The Greens sadly have power in the cities because the city people here are retards and are voting for this party.

I like riding my bicycle, but it's not the solution for my mobility needs, especially if I have projects. Also, bicycles are only nice to use in good weather. In the winter, rain or in heavy winds they're worthless for all except the most dedicated and fanatical cycling enthusiast. Also, Munich is relatively hilly and not flat like cycling paradise cities like Amsterdam or Copenhagen. I'm in relatively good physical shape, but even I struggle cycling up a hill with wind blowing down against me...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG

Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG Edition 1

BRABUS G850

Old Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG

Another BRABUS G-Class!

Another old Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG Edition 1

And another BRABUS G-Class.

Last generation Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Austin Healey 3000

McLaren something...

Ferrari 458 or 488... can't tell them apart anymore...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Nice old Healey.  Such clean lines compared to modern sports cars.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 12, 2020, 04:17:11 AM

Yep, Munich. All major and medium German cities/towns have cycling lanes which usually run adjacent to the car lanes. The cyclists have to follow the same laws as motorists (so stop at red lights etc.).

It is widely encouraged here to use a bicycle in the city instead of your car, especially by the Green political party. But the Greens want car-free cities and the Germans are so frigging stupid and are currently putting this radical political group in second place in the polls. The Greens envision cities as being completely car-free with everyone taking public transportation (trams, trains, buses) and/or their bicycles. The Greens sadly have power in the cities because the city people here are retards and are voting for this party.

I like riding my bicycle, but it's not the solution for my mobility needs, especially if I have projects. Also, bicycles are only nice to use in good weather. In the winter, rain or in heavy winds they're worthless for all except the most dedicated and fanatical cycling enthusiast. Also, Munich is relatively hilly and not flat like cycling paradise cities like Amsterdam or Copenhagen. I'm in relatively good physical shape, but even I struggle cycling up a hill with wind blowing down against me...

Do the greenies have any issues with electric bikes? Looked at some today- basically like a slow motorcycle you also pedal along with.
Will

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 12, 2020, 07:43:08 PM
Do the greenies have any issues with electric bikes? Looked at some today- basically like a slow motorcycle you also pedal along with.

No, not really. The objection to cars is primarily about their size and weight, which is basically the same for ebikes and regular bikes. Plus e-bikes turn energy into motion so much more efficiently. One HP is plenty for moving an ebike. One HP is a rounding error for a car.

The only big objection I've heard to ebikes is that they put huge speed into the hands of iffy *cough*senior riders. Simon Cowell recently broke his back thanks to his ebike.

Laconian

Ha, no wonder he crashed: "All three classes of e-bikes are limited to motors with a maximum power of 750w. By comparison, Cowell's SWIND EB-01 motorbike has a 15,000w motor."

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 12, 2020, 07:43:08 PM

They didn't have a problem with Diesel cars and encouraged people to buy them because of their fuel efficiency and lower CO2 emissions. Now they're hysterically screaming to get them banned.

I suspect the same will be true with EVs and electric bikes soon. The Greens always ignore the ecological damage caused by mining the resources for batteries. I bet sometime in the future they will "suddenly" remember the ecological disaster which are EVs etc. and scream for a ban.

Just a short list of what this asshole political party wants to ban. One of the things they want to ban is the German flag...  :facepalm:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

I still don't quite understand what makes 2CVs so attractive.  The hodgepodge of shapes is remarkable.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 13, 2020, 07:36:02 AM
I still don't quite understand what makes 2CVs so attractive.  The hodgepodge of shapes is remarkable.

It's the nine horsepower
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 13, 2020, 07:36:02 AM

They look funky, but the headlights almost give it a "cute" look. Almost. They're just so quirky- people instantly know they are OOOOLD and unique.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on September 12, 2020, 09:59:16 PM
Ha, no wonder he crashed: "All three classes of e-bikes are limited to motors with a maximum power of 750w. By comparison, Cowell's SWIND EB-01 motorbike has a 15,000w motor."

The bikes I saw yesterday are all "pedal assist" but the motor does nothing if you're not pedalling. The two versions can get up to 20mph or 28mph but the motors literally cut off at those speeds. About $3900 for the top end one, and they look like giant mountain bikes in men's or ladies' style frame.

The guy at the bike store lives right by us and commutes on one. It's quite a bit downhill from here to the shop, about 6 miles or so mostly on trails then about 4-5 blocks on 4-lane 30mph street with lights every block. He says he doesn't break a sweat unless it's really really hot, and has to dress quite a bit warmer in winter. He got one to just try it out but said literally it's the most fun he's had on a bike- he "gets" the motorcycle appeal.
Will

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 13, 2020, 05:55:08 AM
They didn't have a problem with Diesel cars and encouraged people to buy them because of their fuel efficiency and lower CO2 emissions. Now they're hysterically screaming to get them banned.

What about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal ? There was a coordinated campaign of criminal lying and disinformation about the environmental impact of diesel. The public didn't simply change its mind on a dime. We just learned the truth that diesel is a fundamentally dirty, disgusting option for mass-market passenger cars. Diesel creates super unhealthy NOx and PM2.5 hotspots in cities.

I mean, just look at this:
The Netherlands' official automobile inspector TNO, on behalf of the Dutch Minister of the Environment, conducted an on-road tests of a C-Class Mercedes C220 CDi BlueTec diesel and determined it emitted more than 40 times the amount of cancer-causing NOx than in the lab test.[15] The tests were done at temperatures below 10 degrees Celsius (50 °F). Mercedes says it is permissible for the BlueTec engine to emit 40 times more NOx when the temperature is less than 10 °C (50 °F).[16]

Yeah, get that poison off the road.

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 13, 2020, 09:02:11 AM
The bikes I saw yesterday are all "pedal assist" but the motor does nothing if you're not pedalling. The two versions can get up to 20mph or 28mph but the motors literally cut off at those speeds. About $3900 for the top end one, and they look like giant mountain bikes in men's or ladies' style frame.

The guy at the bike store lives right by us and commutes on one. It's quite a bit downhill from here to the shop, about 6 miles or so mostly on trails then about 4-5 blocks on 4-lane 30mph street with lights every block. He says he doesn't break a sweat unless it's really really hot, and has to dress quite a bit warmer in winter. He got one to just try it out but said literally it's the most fun he's had on a bike- he "gets" the motorcycle appeal.

My understanding is that throttles can disqualify a bike from having access to dedicated bike lanes. People add them aftermarket, though. $3900? Wow, wotta scam :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on September 13, 2020, 12:14:05 PM
What about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal ? There was a coordinated campaign of criminal lying and disinformation about the environmental impact of diesel. The public didn't simply change its mind on a dime. We just learned the truth that diesel is a fundamentally dirty, disgusting option for mass-market passenger cars. Diesel creates super unhealthy NOx and PM2.5 hotspots in cities.

The NOx issues were known to the Greens, but they still promoted them because they're more fuel efficient and emit less CO2 than gasoline-powered cars. That's the point I am trying to make. The Greens know about the ecological disaster which EVs are, and eventually they will probably demand a ban on them when it suits them. Many Green-run cities are making it clear they want car-free cities by 2025/2030.

Oh, and...

https://newmobility.news/2019/08/28/can-new-diesel-engines-actually-clean-the-city-air/

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on September 13, 2020, 12:26:21 PM
My understanding is that throttles can disqualify a bike from having access to dedicated bike lanes. People add them aftermarket, though. $3900? Wow, wotta scam :lol:

I wonder if that's why the version I saw, the motor does NOTHING unless you are pedaling at a certain speed/ pressure? So it's not like the bike is doing "all" the work. Maybe the versions I saw don't even have a throttle- but you can change the amount of pedal assist?

There are "mtn bike" versions but they have these ones: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/fastroad-eplus-ex-pro
Will

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 14, 2020, 09:41:06 AM
I wonder if that's why the version I saw, the motor does NOTHING unless you are pedaling at a certain speed/ pressure? So it's not like the bike is doing "all" the work. Maybe the versions I saw don't even have a throttle- but you can change the amount of pedal assist?

Correct, they use a torque sensor at the pedals. You can crank up the assist to ridiculous superhuman levels... 1W in, 250W out. The only thing that matters is that the cranks are spinning.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on September 14, 2020, 01:19:10 PM
Correct, they use a torque sensor at the pedals. You can crank up the assist to ridiculous superhuman levels... 1W in, 250W out. The only thing that matters is that the cranks are spinning.

Well they're not motorcycles then LOL.
Will

cawimmer430

Audi RS7 Sportback

Nice vintage Porsche.

Hyundai i30 N

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Two Mercedes-Benz 560SEC Coupes (C126)

Alfa Romeo 75

Oh dear...

Triumph TR3

Citroen 2CV Charleston which clearly received an LS-swap - how else do you explain the towing capability?  :lol:

Pristine Fiat 128 - one of the most influential and important cars ever, for Fiat and the rest of the industry.

www.wimmerfotografie.de