Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

cawimmer430

Buick Riviera "Boat Tail"

Renault Clio V6 Renault Sport (mid-engined RWD hot hatch) and Mercedes-Benz 280S Automatic (W108)

Mercedes-Benz 280SE Coupe Automatic

McLaren 720S APEX Edition and Lotus Elise

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

JWC

Not the clean cars that Wimmer posts, but still spotted today: Toyota HiLux, Ford Econoline doghouse van, Pontiac from the seventies/eighties.

While I was photographing a boxcar (yep, railroad car in a personal salvage yard) the owner drove up.  Being in NC, this usually means a gun will be involved. (Photographing old houses and barns in the middle of nowhere, usually means someone will call the owner, and I've been approached by men holding a pistol, or at the ready in their lap as I talk to them through the vehicle's window).

At any rate, he was friendly (no gun) and said I can explore this salvage yard anytime. I been trying to get ahold of this guy for over ten years, and he drove right up to me.

Military vehicle for Wimmer

JWC

Some photos taken at the salvage yard from the roadway. There are many acres of cars and trucks at this backroads yard. The owner told me that his father started the yard in 1954.

Before this photo essay begins, I'm going to clean and test my large format 4x5 Graphic View. My medium format cameras are ready, but I'm thinking my Bronica S2a is more appropriate to photograph these old cars, trucks, and tractors. It will have to be cleaned.

Behind the Roadway Express truck is the railroad boxcar.

JWC

And more

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

JWC

Anyone recognize the car to the right of the Dauphine? I see where it had a panel down the side leading to a trim around the rear tail lamp, but the vehicle's ID escapes me.

cawimmer430

Awesome pics, JWC:wub:

MY DREAM W116 Mercedes-Benz S-Class!!! A 280SE with a gorgeous green color! WANT SO BADLY!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Ford Model T and a Morgan in Seeshaupt.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: JWC on June 19, 2021, 07:32:49 PM
Anyone recognize the car to the right of the Dauphine? I see where it had a panel down the side leading to a trim around the rear tail lamp, but the vehicle's ID escapes me.
Sorta looks like a '64 Falcon, except for the trim around the rear tail lamp.  It even has indications of the chevrons? at the back of the quarter panel.  Close but not quite. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

BMW 728i (E23)

1958 BMW Isetta, spotted on the same street in Munich as that E23 BMW 728i. The owner showed up and let me snap some pictures of the interior.

Mercedes GLC43 AMG on the left, GLA45 AMG in front of me...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Ferrari 365 Daytona Spider aka MUNICH VICE.  :praise:

Possible French-spec Mercedes-Benz S123 T-Modell

Fiat Nuovo 500

Volkswagen Beetle 1302 and a Land Rover Defender 2-Door which I spotted months before already...

Two for one - Porsche 911 GT3 4.0 and Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG (W205)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 28, 2021, 11:15:54 AM
Ferrari 365 Daytona Spider aka MUNICH VICE.  :praise:

Now that's a proper interior for a sports car. :ohyeah:

Note, the air vents don't look like the intake of a jet engine.

cawimmer430

1960s Dodge Coronet Coupe

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Volkswagen Beetle 1303 Convertible. Nice color!

Gorgeous Porsche 911/912. Wonder if it's a Singer...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

1959-1963 Setra S9

Heavily modified Austin Healey 3000 with weird side vents and extensions, some weird thing behind the steering wheel etc. The only normal thing about it is the yummy Munich beer on the passenger seat...  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 01, 2021, 10:34:17 AM

Heavily modified Austin Healey 3000 with weird side vents and extensions, some weird thing behind the steering wheel etc. The only normal thing about it is the yummy Munich beer on the passenger seat...  :lol:

That is a lovely Healey.  That is a weird looking thing behind the steering when.  Almost looks like some after-market paddle-shift setup.  Given that the shift lever looks a bit weird as well, maybe there's an automatic or dual-clutch transmission as well.  Be interesting if you could find the owner and have him explain what he did.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 01, 2021, 11:12:50 AM
That is a lovely Healey.  That is a weird looking thing behind the steering when.  Almost looks like some after-market paddle-shift setup.  Given that the shift lever looks a bit weird as well, maybe there's an automatic or dual-clutch transmission as well.  Be interesting if you could find the owner and have him explain what he did.

If I had stuck around he probably would have showed up since 10 minutes later it began raining heavily. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Porsche 924

1964–1967 Ford Taunus 17M (P5)

I really like the color on this M4 Convertible. My terrible snapshots don't do the color any justice. In person that yellow was so god damn sexy!

Jaguar Mark II or III

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Pontiac Fiero GT

Lancia Flavia Coupe

Classic Porsche 911 Targa

BMW 6er Coupe (E24)

BMW 5er (E34)

Maserati Ghibli

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Volkswagen 1300 with a nice warning on the driver's side rear window: Don't touch my car or I will punch you in the face and you will loose your teeth! A warning to those idiotic Greta cultists! :lol:  :devil:

Some kind of Chevy or GMC?

OSI Ford 20M TS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI-Ford_20_M_TS)

MG A

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Beautiful little MGA.  A shame when they went from curves to squares on the MGB.

shp4man

Holy shit, a 63 Burb, OE paint and hub caps in freaking Germany. Wonder how it got there?  :lol:

Edit: OK a Burb is a "Suburban". Chevrolet's name for a carryall type truck. What's interesting about the one in the picture is,  see the black painted rings around the headlights? That's very likely original. Also, no rust in the lower front fenders. Very rare. Repaired to match the patina or original? Do they salt the roads in Deutschland?

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 11, 2021, 09:23:21 AM
Beautiful little MGA.  A shame when they went from curves to squares on the MGB.

And the worst offenders of the MG B range are those with the hefty black plastic bumper cladding. An absolute eyesore to look at.

Quote from: shp4man on July 11, 2021, 09:48:52 AM
Holy shit, a 63 Burb, OE paint and hub caps in freaking Germany. Wonder how it got there?  :lol:

Edit: OK a Burb is a "Suburban". Chevrolet's name for a carryall type truck. What's interesting about the one in the picture is,  see the black painted rings around the headlights? That's very likely original. Also, no rust in the lower front fenders. Very rare. Repaired to match the patina or original? Do they salt the roads in Deutschland?

They salt the roads here, but this car had a historic license plate and like most classic car owners their baby most likely does not get driven during the winter.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Volkswagen Beetle 1302 LS Convertible

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

That Suburban is VERY VERY amazing! Plus love only 2 doors in that size of vehicle. :thumbsup:
Will

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz A35 AMG 4Matic which looks 99% similar to my car: Polar White, same 19" Multispoke wheels, Night Package, no sunroof. The only exterior differences to mine are the genuine AMG front grille and the quadruple circular exhausts.  :wub:

Interesting Volkswagen Golf GTI

Triumph Spitfire

Porsche GT3 RS

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Volkswagen T3 Camper

East German Simson S50

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Saw some kind of JDM Honda microvan this morning.

Needed to take my car in for an inspection and saw a couple of MachEs and a new Bronco on the lot.  I assume the Bronco was spoken for (window sticker was removed), but the MachEs appeared to be available.  Surprising given that I'd been hearing that there's such a shortage of new cars.

Bronco was an Overland trim 4 door with soft top.  Decent looking.  I'm not really a truck or 4x4 guy, but I'd drive one.  Quite large.  Definitely bigger than a Wrangler.

MachE isn't a bad looking vehicle.  Not as tall as I was expecting.  Still taller than a car, but I think it's roofline is lower than my Rav.  Probably about on par with the last Taurus sedan (which was really tall for a sedan).  I still think they should have called it the Thunderbolt.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Mesmerizing Mercedes-Benz 280S Automatic (W108) in a stunning dark green color. Spotted today in Mühldorf am Inn. In the first photo the car is passing my white A250 which is currently the smallest Mercedes' on the market - and it makes the 1967-1972 S-Class look outright small!!!  :mask:

Vintage Porsche 1600 passing me in traffic.

Various exotics on Maximilianstraße.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MX793 on July 23, 2021, 10:27:49 AM
Saw some kind of JDM Honda microvan this morning.

Needed to take my car in for an inspection and saw a couple of MachEs and a new Bronco on the lot.  I assume the Bronco was spoken for (window sticker was removed), but the MachEs appeared to be available.  Surprising given that I'd been hearing that there's such a shortage of new cars.

Bronco was an Overland trim 4 door with soft top.  Decent looking.  I'm not really a truck or 4x4 guy, but I'd drive one.  Quite large.  Definitely bigger than a Wrangler.

MachE isn't a bad looking vehicle.  Not as tall as I was expecting.  Still taller than a car, but I think it's roofline is lower than my Rav.  Probably about on par with the last Taurus sedan (which was really tall for a sedan).  I still think they should have called it the Thunderbolt.

I'd rock a Bronco. I haven't read the reviews regarding their on-road manners though.

I kinda dig the MachE too....
Will