Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

cawimmer430

Superb Porsche 911/912 Convertible conversion. There was no pre-911 G-Model cabriolet (only a Targa). This is an excellent job.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

JWC

I love that period, and before, of Porsche. Yet, though I could have afforded one, never bought one.

JWC

Wimmer, how often do you post on Facebook?  I don't recall seeing anything lately and I know that FB drops people from my news feed often. I have friends whose posts I never see.

cawimmer430

Quote from: JWC on July 29, 2021, 01:54:10 PM
Wimmer, how often do you post on Facebook?  I don't recall seeing anything lately and I know that FB drops people from my news feed often. I have friends whose posts I never see.

Usually everyday, 99% car stuff. ;)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Porsche 1600 Super Convertible, Jaguar MK2, Porsche Speedster (possible replica) and Jaguar E-Type V12 Convertible

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

AIWAYS U5.... Chinese EV SUV...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

1960 Pontiac Bonneville Sport Coupe

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

Does this come with a fire extinguisher?  :lol:

I'd feel safer in the old Pontiac.  :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on August 03, 2021, 02:32:44 PM
Does this come with a fire extinguisher?  :lol:

I'd feel safer in the old Pontiac.  :lol:

INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE > ELECTRIC MOTOR any day!  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Citroen 2CV with white leather seats - how decadent!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Alfa Romeo GTA and Triumph Spitfire

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz 190 "Ponton" (W121)

Porsche 911T 2.4

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

1967 Mercedes-Benz 230SL "Pagoda" W113. The owners told me this car was owned from day one in 1967 by a woman who drove the car all this time until she turned 90-years-old, and then sold it to them. The car has a 4-speed manual transmission, so props to that old lady for driving this car for so long!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Saw a Toyota "Rush" yesterday. TINY TINY 3rd row (headrests were almost touching the rear glass).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_vehicles#/media/File:2018_Toyota_Rush_1.5_S_TRD_Sportivo_F800RE_(190316).jpg

Turns out it's a Daihatsu. Weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Terios
Will

cawimmer430

US-spec Triumph Spitfire with vicious guard dog inside.  :tounge:

Peugeot 404 Convertible "Injection", which I assume means this car has fuel injection...

Ford Mustang

Renault 4 F6 Van

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Perfect condition Mercedes-Benz 250 W114!  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2021, 11:43:59 AM
Ford Mustang

Lovely car.  Presuming that it's a K-code, nothing else sounds like a "hipo" 289.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 17, 2021, 10:45:33 AM
Lovely car.  Presuming that it's a K-code, nothing else sounds like a "hipo" 289.

What's K-Code?

Hyundai i30 N Fastback - I really love the look of these, both the Fastback and the Hatchback. Gorgeous sport compacts. Spotted near Munich.  :mrcool:

Audi A1 Quattro - limited to only 333 models!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 18, 2021, 11:46:52 AM
What's K-Code?
An upgraded version of the basic engine..."upgraded pistons, lifters, connecting rods, carburettor and cylinder heads."  Also higher compression which gave it a distinctive bark.  271 bhp vs. 225 bhp of the base "A" engine.  I still remember the first one I heard doing a burnout way back then.  Made my hair stand on end.  I always regret not getting that option when I bought my '66 Mustang, but I really couldn't afford/justify it then.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 18, 2021, 02:12:21 PM
An upgraded version of the basic engine..."upgraded pistons, lifters, connecting rods, carburettor and cylinder heads."  Also higher compression which gave it a distinctive bark.  271 bhp vs. 225 bhp of the base "A" engine.  I still remember the first one I heard doing a burnout way back then.  Made my hair stand on end.  I always regret not getting that option when I bought my '66 Mustang, but I really couldn't afford/justify it then.

Ah, got it. So the visual enhancements give away what was done to the car? ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 18, 2021, 04:38:37 PM
Ah, got it. So the visual enhancements give away what was done to the car? ;)
Looking closely, the one pictured actually looks like it doesn't have the "HIGH PERFORMANCE" badge on the front fender.  As well, the wheels and exhaust are not stock.  Not a "HiPo."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 18, 2021, 05:12:42 PM
Looking closely, the one pictured actually looks like it doesn't have the "HIGH PERFORMANCE" badge on the front fender.  As well, the wheels and exhaust are not stock.  Not a "HiPo."

I thought it was nicely "visually tuned". Looks like the kind of tuning that would be done to the car in its time. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz 190 "Ponton" (W121)

Volkswagen Beetle 1500 Convertible

Triumph TR4 IRS

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Pontiac Trans AM in Munich traffic.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 25, 2021, 11:30:38 AM
Pontiac Trans AM in Munich traffic.

Was it being driven by David Hasselhoff?

cawimmer430

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 25, 2021, 11:42:02 AM
Was it being driven by David Hasselhoff?

No, by some guy who looked Turkish. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Stunning green color on this Mercedes-Benz 280SL"Pagoda" W113, and a Ford Capri Mk.2

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

98% of the non-tactical vehicles I see on base are Pajeros, Camrys, Mazda5s, pickups, suburbans and excursions, and 20pax mini busses.

Yesterday saw a 2010-ish Odyssey with Kuwait dealerbadge on the back. :confused: 
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 27, 2021, 07:54:50 AM
Stunning green color on this Mercedes-Benz 280SL"Pagoda" W113, and a Ford Capri Mk.2

A jewel amid lumps of stone.  We've lost all sense of style and elegance.