Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

cawimmer430

Took CJ to a local Volvo dealership where they had these two beauties in the showroom. A 242 GT and a 1800 ES.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz 280SE W116 in my hood in Munich. A shame about the rear towing hook which just looks silly on an S-Class.

Stunning BMW 7 Series (E32) with Alpina wheels! DAMN!  :wub:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Spotted in Mühldorf am Inn. I'm assuming this is an Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale:wub:

Chevrolet Alero! Us Europeans got these as Chevrolet's, not Oldsmobiles.

Opel Senator 3.0i 24V - rare today since their rust protection sucked. And these are from the early 1990s!!!

Two-For-One! Mercedes-Benz 300SE "Fintail" (W112) and a Mercedes-Benz 450SL (R107) in downtown Munich.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Wow, the ultra rare Chevrolet Oldsmobile Alero.  :rastaman:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 06, 2022, 10:27:35 AM
Wow, the ultra rare Chevrolet Oldsmobile Alero.  :rastaman:

I was lucky enough to catch it out in the wild! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

A glimpse at the depressing EV future... Opel Rocks E.... 45 km/h top speed, 75 km range. A PRISON ON WHEELS. Yeah, it's a city car but 45 km/h top speed is slow and 75 km range is crap. Turn on the A/C and bam, you're down to... wait, does this POS even have an A/C?  :lol:

1967 Ford Bronco in my hood in Munich.

First generation Mercedes A-Class A210... the "performance version" of this range. Rare.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Sweet Ford Mustang on the Autobahn. He was driving very slowly. I was passing at a pathetic 140 km/h (87.5 mph).

Gorgeous Ford Mustang in Mühldorf am Inn! Love the color and the overall perfect condition of this ride!

Alfa Romeo Montreal spotted on the parking lot of an electronics store in Neuötting.

Vintage Mercedes-Benz Unimog in Mühldorf am Inn.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Beautiful '66 Mustang.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

OMG! Oldsmobile Delta 88 in Mühldorf am Inn!!!  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Whoa! A convoy of FMR TG-500s in Füssen, Germany. Based on the Messerschmitt Kabinenroller chassis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FMR_Tg500

Mercedes-Benz 280SE Convertible

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

1951-1973 Fiat Campagnola spotted in a residential neighborhood in Munich. I never even knew these existed and this is [obviously] the first one I've seen!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Campagnola

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Opel Rekord C and Opel Senator B 3.0i at Hohenschwangau Castle in Füssen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohenschwangau_Castle

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

1960s Ford Thunderbird, spotted today in Munich.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

I'm impressed with the condition of some of these NA cars over there.  I didn't realize they were at all popular.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 19, 2022, 12:28:28 PM
I'm impressed with the condition of some of these NA cars over there.  I didn't realize they were at all popular.

Classic American cars are very popular here, even the so-called 1970s "Malaise Era" rides. A lot of Germans grew up with American movies so it's only natural for them to jizz over something obscure as maybe a Dodge St. Regis or Chevrolet Caprice Classic cop or taxi car. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Nice Porsche 911 G-Model

1966-1972 BMW 2000 "Neue Klasse"(E121)

Gorgeous Mercedes-Benz 280SLC Coupe (C107).  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

That 911 is peak Porsche as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Speed_Racer

I appreciate honest/self-deprecating badging.

Heading back from Idaho a few weeks ago, we saw a lifted F250 with a vinyl decal in the rear window - #tinydick
Gave us a good laugh.

cawimmer430

Swiss-made Opel Rekord 1900L in Füssen, Germany. The owner came all the way from Switzerland and taught me something that I didn't know: that some of these older Opels were made in Switzerland for the Swiss market. Makes you wonder why they just didn't import them from next-door Germany!

Jeep Wagoneer

Peugeot 504 Convertible

Audi 90 Coupe

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Rich

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 23, 2022, 06:02:27 AM
Opel Monza GSE

Be still my beating heart.  Those wheels and those sidewalls  :wub:

Did this car share a platform with anything else?
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 29, 2022, 06:07:44 AM

Peugeot 504 Convertible

That is a beautiful car.  The symmetry is perfect.

AutobahnSHO

Ford Maverick (2022) in a reddish orange.

Pontiac Aztec, in yellow of course! The front and rear bumpers have been replaced, the plastic is black not like the rest faded to grey....
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 29, 2022, 07:10:44 AM

The 504 station wagon from that era was so beautiful!! I loved their hood/headlight shape, too!
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rich on June 29, 2022, 06:43:59 AM
Be still my beating heart.  Those wheels and those sidewalls  :wub:

Did this car share a platform with anything else?

Yes, the platform originated from the smaller Rekord / Commodore cars. The Monza platform was also used by the flagship Opel Senator. In the case of the Monza the platform was shortened whereas for the Senator it was lengthened. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 29, 2022, 07:10:44 AM

Just needs better wheels! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 23, 2022, 06:02:27 AM
Opel Monza GSE

There's a lady here who's dad was a GM executive. She lived all over the place when she was a kid. He was head of their Brazil operation (she speaks fluent Portuguese.) Then he (& the family) was sent to Rüsselheim to head up Opel in the late 1970s. She's super-nice, divorced I think, works as a commercial model - still a knockout & gets plenty of work as a greyhair.

I never quite understood the GM Vauxhall/Opel setup, with Vauxhalls becoming badge-engineered 100% clones in the end.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

cawimmer430

Lancia Flavia Coupe in downtown Munich.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on June 30, 2022, 05:32:10 AM
I never quite understood the GM Vauxhall/Opel setup, with Vauxhalls becoming badge-engineered 100% clones in the end.

It's confusing even for me. Vauxhall were apparently just RHD Opels for the UK market and perhaps South Africa, Cyprus and Malta and Oceania. But I do know that Opels were also sold in the UK as RHD cars. Totally confusing stuff. If I were an Opel enthusiast I'd probably know more details but I started losing interest in the brand when their car designs became boring beginning in the late 1970s.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Mid-1960s Chevrolet Impala Coupe?

Mystery truck... all we know is... it's powered by DIESEL!

www.wimmerfotografie.de