Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

cawimmer430

Lovely 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible which I saw in a mechanic shop in Hausen. HOW DARE YOU!

It's always sad to see such gorgeous cars wasting away. Saw this Mercedes-Benz 280SE Automatic (W108) that has been sitting for some time in a parking garage in Munich.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

The dusty old Mercs in the garage, I would wonder what happened to the owner.

In our condo, which we lived in for 7+ years, there were a pair of old Volvos that were encrusted with dust and they never moved in the entire time we lived there.  I always wondered if the owner died and no one bothered to claim the cars.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

veeman

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 01, 2022, 05:17:44 AM

In our condo, which we lived in for 7+ years, there were a pair of old Volvos that were encrusted with dust and they never moved in the entire time we lived there.  I always wondered if the owner died and no one bothered to claim the cars.

I think some people "own" a parking spot in a garage and use it to store a car they plan on "one day" fixing up. But that day never comes.   

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 01, 2022, 05:17:44 AM

I was asking myself the same question. The most likely scenario could be that they plan on giving it a new lease of life sometime in the future, or that the owner died and the car is now in the hands of his indoctrinated Woke Left Wing Green-voting descendants who don't know what to do with it and are just leaving it there to rot a la "out of sight out of mind".  :cry:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

BMW Z8

Chevrolet Beauville

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

That Z8 is gorgeous. I dig the color.

cawimmer430

Boy do I have a treat for you guys! Cycled through Munich yesterday and came across this pristine 1972 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 4.5 W108. The unique thing about this car is that it's a North American-spec model. The 300SEL 4.5 was specifically created for the US market. The owner suddenly appeared and we had a nice chat and he unlocked the car and allowed me to take some detailed interior pics.  :wub:

The '80s are back! Corvette C4!

Gorgeous Jaguar XJ Series I. Been sitting here for some time obviously...

Fiat 500L in a funky orange.

BMW R75/6 - very nice.

Ssangyong Musso. Weird.

Mercedes-Benz 380SL R107 and Porsche 911 G-Modell Cabriolet

Toyota Supra...

Mercedes-Benz S123 T-Modell in a faded China Blue or Labrador Blue.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Alfa Romeo 2000 GT

European Van vs American Van  :lol:

Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16

www.wimmerfotografie.de

veeman

Never leave this forum Wimmer!

Love the mustard yellow Mercedes. I'm assuming the Jaguar has been sitting there for a while because the owner can't get it to start  :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: veeman on August 10, 2022, 09:31:24 AM
Never leave this forum Wimmer!

I'll try! But soon posting car photos might be considered a "climate crime" here!  :lol: j/k

Quote from: veeman on August 10, 2022, 09:31:24 AMLove the mustard yellow Mercedes. I'm assuming the Jaguar has been sitting there for a while because the owner can't get it to start  :lol:

That, or the owner died or can't afford the fuel prices. After all this thing has literally two gas tanks! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Whenever I see one of these (or a picture) I just  feel that it's the pinnacle of GT design.

Nothing that came/comes later will ever look as good.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 10, 2022, 11:26:08 AM
Whenever I see one of these (or a picture) I just  feel that it's the pinnacle of GT design.

Nothing that came/comes later will ever look as good.

It's definitely a hottie.  :wub:

Columbo is in town! Peugeot 403 Convertible in Munich.

Saw this Ferrari parked in downtown Munich a few days ago and it got me wondering just how F*CKING UGLY modern Ferraris are. This thing is a design mess to my eyes. No harmony, no elegance, no flowing and pleasing lines. It does not look sporty to me, it looks bizarre.
Also, in the past I could identify most Ferraris. I have no idea which model this thing is and I won't bother looking it up.

Peugeot 504 Pickup

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 13, 2022, 04:56:06 AM

Saw this Ferrari parked in downtown Munich a few days ago and it got me wondering just how F*CKING UGLY modern Ferraris are. This thing is a design mess to my eyes. No harmony, no elegance, no flowing and pleasing lines. It does not look sporty to me, it looks bizarre.
Also, in the past I could identify most Ferraris. I have no idea which model this thing is and I won't bother looking it up.

I agree, it looks fractured.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 13, 2022, 05:38:52 AM
I agree, it looks fractured.

Yep!

The rarest of the Mercedes-Benz SLC C107 range - the 450SLC 5.0. Only 2,769 units were produced.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

No pics, but a Rolls-Royce Cullinan (complete with the gold hood ornament option.)
$340K ballpark for one of these things.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

cawimmer430

Fiat 126 spotted in Munich. Digging the green color!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

HOLY SHIT!

Pristine original Fiat Ritmo Super 75! The 75 nomenclature means it was an export-market vehicle according to Wikipedia. Way back in the late 1970s these disposable cars were a common sight - then they all rusted to bits and none survived. Except this one - literally.  :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Ritmo

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Yesterday, I saw a minty Intrepid R/T; and today, an Opel GT flew by me at nearly 35 MPH.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 18, 2022, 03:47:57 PM
Yesterday, I saw a minty Intrepid R/T; and today, an Opel GT flew by me at nearly 35 MPH.

35 mph!? Somebody give that guy a speeding ticket! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Toyota Land Cruiser Diesel (FJ40) in Munich.

Mercedes-Benz "Pagoda" SL (W113) in Grünwald

Porsche 928 on the Autobahn

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Ferrari Roma spotted today in Munich traffic. One of the better-looking modern Ferraris.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Citroen Acadiane with a bunch of Greenpeace and "I love the environment" stickers all over it in Munich. Old-school Green Party voter.  :facepalm:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 26, 2022, 05:44:51 AM
Ferrari Roma spotted today in Munich traffic. One of the better-looking modern Ferraris.

Again, those curves and bulges appeal to our innate sense of attraction.  However, too little bulge or too much bulge is not attractive.  The Italians seem to have found the proper balance.

cawimmer430

1970s Chevrolet Camaro Z28 spotted in Mühldorf am Inn.

Volkswagen Golf Mk.1 in a funky 1970s green in Mühldorf am Inn.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on September 07, 2022, 04:29:46 PM
Mid '50s Beetle?

According to the historic license plate a 1956 model.

Hoffmann Citroen 2CV spotted in Seeshaupt. The owner allowed me to take a few interior pics. The car still has the same 2-cylinder air-cooled Boxer engine as the original 2CVs.

http://www.hoffmann2cv.de/

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

I miss my old Bug sometimes..

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)