Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

thewizard16

QuoteSaw something interesting on the way home today, so I stopped and took a picture since I happened to have my camera with me. I scaled these way down so they wouldn't bog anyone down. Any ideas what these two trucks full of oddly painted Trailblazers would be for?

Wizard is that Kent Ohio?
Nope. Mountain Home, Arkansas. The dealership is owned by a couple named Kent.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Champ

QuoteParked (and drove) last night:
S4 convert.
RS6
M-B S600 V12

Got $2 tip from the S4 and S600, and a $3 tip from the RS6

On another note a guy with a 1995ish nissan maxima gave me $10 tip.  Let's hear it for cheap rich people.
:o I'm jealous. The S4 is nice too, and the MB is nice, but I couldn't care less about it. If I wanted to drive a car like that, I'm sure my friend would let me borrow his 760iL for a night. But the RS6... well, for some reason I have a special desire for that car. Too bad they were cheapskates though.  <_<
That RS6 has just an awesome engine note, and I just loved listening to it. I'll admit I'm guilty of sitting in it for a little bit listening to the engine. mmmm Bi-turbo V8

JYODER240

QuoteSaw something interesting on the way home today, so I stopped and took a picture since I happened to have my camera with me. I scaled these way down so they wouldn't bog anyone down. Any ideas what these two trucks full of oddly painted Trailblazers would be for?

Wizard is that Kent Ohio?
Nope. Mountain Home, Arkansas. The dealership is owned by a couple named Kent.
There is a a Chevy/Cadillac dealership close to my house the in Kent. The sign looks identical to that one.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

I saw a brand new 330xi driving like such a bitch in the rain I wanted to pass him over double yellows.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteI saw a brand new 330xi driving like such a bitch in the rain I wanted to pass him over double yellows.
Usually when you pass you need a car with adequate acceleration capabilities ;)

:D  

93JC

'Cept it was white. Man those things were ugly. The Acheiva and Grand Am too.

Raza

QuoteI saw a brand new 330xi driving like such a bitch in the rain I wanted to pass him over double yellows.

Over that fucker?  Sure he may have 255bhp, but he obviously didn't know which pedal he had to push on to use them.  I was in an emergency situation and if it weren't raining I would have passed him.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

Over that fucker?  Sure he may have 255bhp, but he obviously didn't know which pedal he had to push on to use them.  I was in an emergency situation and if it weren't raining I would have passed him.
I'm just joking.  What kind of emergency cituation were you in?

Raza

I'm just joking.  What kind of emergency cituation were you in?
I found out my mom was in the ER.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

'Cept it was white. Man those things were ugly. The Acheiva and Grand Am too.
I saw one of those (a white one) on fire once. Something in the engine blew up, and it blew a hole in the grille and burnt for a while. I always thought of the Skylark as "the exploding car" after that.  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

CWW

Spotted yesterday in Berlin (o.k. it was a showroom...)

<< Volkswagen Eos >>

<< Bugatti >>

Raza

Oh, that's right--I saw my first Fusion the other day.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteOh, that's right--I saw my first Fusion the other day.
I saw one today as well-its a very nice looking vehicle, one of the best looking mainsteam sedans IMO.

I also saw a Ferrari 360 Modena, Porsche 996 Turbo S and a BMW 850CSI :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

It seems like I've seen a Fusion somewhere. It is a good looking car.

Raza

Yeah, it is a pretty good looking car.  Though I'd still step into a Mazda6 before it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Fire It Up

Grand National
Charger Daytona

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

mazda6er

QuoteYeah, it is a pretty good looking car.  Though I'd still step into a Mazda6 before it.
:rockon: :praise: Me too.  :lol:

If I understand correctly, there's a noticeable handling difference, although the Fusion is obviously still more than adequate.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

QuoteYeah, it is a pretty good looking car.  Though I'd still step into a Mazda6 before it.
:rockon: :praise: Me too.  :lol:

If I understand correctly, there's a noticeable handling difference, although the Fusion is obviously still more than adequate.
The Fusion is bigger and softer, that's what it boils down to.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

I was in  Ft. Lauderdale today and last weekend and saw a lot of amazing cars here are some of the highlights:

Diablo
Gallardo
a lot of 360's
2 F430's
2 M5's
2 Flying Spurs
2 Quattroporte's
SL65
S65
new XK8
STS-V

and a ridiculous amount of corvettes, vipers, 911's, MB's, BMW's, CTS-V's, etc.

EDIT:  also a skyline, and a some car that I dont remember the name of it starts with Magna Avusta or something similar to that.

JYODER240

I forgot to mention I saw a lot of cars not available in the U.S. in some of the islands, they looked very similar to US Spec but left hand drive and different front and rear ends.

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteI was in  Ft. Lauderdale today and last weekend and saw a lot of amazing cars here are some of the highlights:

Diablo
Gallardo
a lot of 360's
2 F430's
2 M5's
2 Flying Spurs
2 Quattroporte's
SL65
S65
new XK8
STS-V

EDIT:  also a skyline, and a some car that I dont remember the name of it starts with Magna Avusta or something similar to that.
Wow! That is a list :rockon:  :rockon:  

Rupert

In Vancouver over the weekend I saw a Carrera GT, a few Ferraris, a Ford GT, a Rolls something, a new Maserati 'vert, and a bunch of tacky limos with drunk people in them. The Carrera GT revved its engine a bit (good), and then took off like an old lady while revving (lame-o).
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

QuoteI was in  Ft. Lauderdale today and last weekend and saw a lot of amazing cars here are some of the highlights:

Diablo
Gallardo
a lot of 360's
2 F430's
2 M5's
2 Flying Spurs
2 Quattroporte's
SL65
S65
new XK8
STS-V

Mangusta. How old?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

JYODER240

QuoteI was in  Ft. Lauderdale today and last weekend and saw a lot of amazing cars here are some of the highlights:

Diablo
Gallardo
a lot of 360's
2 F430's
2 M5's
2 Flying Spurs
2 Quattroporte's
SL65
S65
new XK8
STS-V

EDIT:  also a skyline, and a some car that I dont remember the name of it starts with Magna Avusta or something similar to that.
Mangusta. How old?
Not sure, I passed it on the other side of the highway. It looked fairly new though.

Rupert

JYODER240

yep, it was even that color.

Raza

DeTomaso/Qvale

Uses a Cobra engine, like the Panoz (Pay-nose) Esperante.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

oilfilter

ah i never spotted this thread earlier. :P

what i saw today, and what i see nearly every day, since these cars belong to the faculty/staff/students and can be found in the lot everyday.

-apart from the usual suspects like the japanese and euro 4-doors-

996 911TT
993 911TT
M-B SLK350  AMG (thats what it says)
M-B 'Brabus' CLK 500 something or the other
Land Rover (an OLD one, in pristine condition)
about 3 or 4 Mitsu EVOs...some are modded and look really sharp.
about 5-6 Impreza WRX
usually 2 souped up S15 silvias
sometimes 1 R34 GT-S
too many M-B S and BMW 7s, but ALL V-6 models.
3 or 4 Alfa Romeos -147/156/166 (beautiful cars!)
4 to 5 Citroens, mostly C5s and couple of hatchbacks
Peugeot 406 coupe and 407
Renault Lagunas, Scenics and Meganes
Many Volvo S80s
Edit: forgot to add the 5 or 6 RX-8s. They sure like their rotaries here..

Surprising amount of Euro cars here.

One of the students is supposed to have a lambo..dont know which one though. :ph34r:

JYODER240

Raza

S4 Avant
993 C2
IS250 (uglier in person)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i