Ford wants to reduce number of Explorers

Started by BMWDave, June 23, 2005, 10:05:20 AM

VetteZ06

QuoteFord vs. Chevy quarrals :rolleyes:   Get over it, people.
Ford sucks.

R33 GT-R

What type do you have there?

Slick as owl shit - clay and loam mix
Where's my truck-  gumbo bottomless
Holy Shit -  Both of the above.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

QuoteWhat type do you have there?

Where's my truck-  gumbo bottomless
Holy Shit -  Both of the above.
I couldn't really tell you, but things get really soggy out here during the winter.  

ifcar

If you think that regular AWD can't handle your mud, I'd say Liberty and Xterra would be your best bets among SUVs then, and the Frontier and Tacoma would be your best bets among pickups.

R33 GT-R

QuoteWhat type do you have there?

Where's my truck-  gumbo bottomless
Holy Shit -  Both of the above.
I couldn't really tell you, but things get really soggy out here during the winter.
Ohh, that's right you're in the middle of Mizzou.

R33 GT-R

Ifcar, have you driven the Tacoma and Frontier head to head?

TBR

QuoteIf you think that regular AWD can't handle your mud, I'd say Liberty and Xterra would be your best bets among SUVs then, and the Frontier and Tacoma would be your best bets among pickups.
Yeah, even a suv will work I will probably push the Liberty CRD, unless he decides he wants a stick in which case I will favor the Xterra. However, I am going to check those Explorer prices.  

R33 GT-R

ifcar

QuoteIfcar, have you driven the Tacoma and Frontier head to head?
Yep, why?

ifcar

QuoteIf you think that regular AWD can't handle your mud, I'd say Liberty and Xterra would be your best bets among SUVs then, and the Frontier and Tacoma would be your best bets among pickups.
Yeah, even a suv will work I will probably push the Liberty CRD, unless he decides he wants a stick in which case I will favor the Xterra. However, I am going to check those Explorer prices.
An Xterra would be a better car than the Explorer anyway, unless the Ford were something like $3K or more less expensive. Which, I suppose, could be possible, especially if you found the employee discount.

But from what I've read (oh, no, I never drove it off road myself) the Explorer isn't the best off-road vehicle.

TBR

An Xterra would be a better car than the Explorer anyway, unless the Ford were something like $3K or more less expensive. Which, I suppose, could be possible, especially if you found the employee discount.

But from what I've read (oh, no, I never drove it off road myself) the Explorer isn't the best off-road vehicle.
No, it isn't, but neither is the Durango and it will do what we need, we pretty much just need something with a part time 4wd system and some ground clearance. Also, we might be able to get a Ford loyalty discount if we buy at the right time.  

ifcar

Why don't you try and rent an Escape and see if it's as bad as you think on your killer mud?

TBR

QuoteWhy don't you try and rent an Escape and see if it's as bad as you think on your killer mud?
It is too much of a car for my dad's taste and I still say it would get stuck in that mud (which isn't around right now anyway, too hot and dry).  

R33 GT-R

Yep, why?
I have too, what did you think?  Also what type of environment did you drive them in, street-offroad?

ifcar

Yep, why?
I have too, what did you think?  Also what type of environment did you drive them in, street-offroad?
Street only, on test drives.

R33 GT-R

Yep, why?
Street only, on test drives.
What was your favorite?

R33 GT-R

Tacoma for me, it was geared in a manner that made it feel like it had more hp than the Frontier.