Tundra Sales up 137% vs. June '06, outsells GMC Sierra

Started by GoCougs, July 05, 2007, 10:29:34 AM

USA_Idol

The SuperDuty looks fine in person.  In fact, it's very cool.  Pictures don't really do it justice.

But I will say that the base/work version models, with all that black plastic trim up front, are somewhat unattractive.

SVT666

Quote from: USA_Idol on September 12, 2007, 02:22:26 PM
The SuperDuty looks fine in person.  In fact, it's very cool.  Pictures don't really do it justice.

But I will say that the base/work version models, with all that black plastic trim up front, are somewhat unattractive.
I agree.  But nobody buys the base model for it's looks.  They buy it because it's the toughest truck on the market and they usually buy fleets of them so that their employees can beat the shit out of them.

thewizard16

Quote from: USA_Idol on September 12, 2007, 02:22:26 PM

My judgements weren't off pictures. I think the truck is perfectly fine except for the front. The base versions do look especially appalling though.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

USA_Idol

For me, the bottom line is:  All full-size trucks are too big, too thirsty and too costly for my budget to accommodate.  Plus, I have no use for one.   If I ever did need a big truck for some reason, I can always borrow my dad's 1992 F-250 Heavy Duty.   Ain't much that 460 V8 can't do....except pass up gas stations.    :lol: